Who will become the European Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Well no matter what we do we as fans won't know shit like the Premier League was birthed without the fans knowledge and out the blue it was formed from the Football League. Even the European Cup to the Champions League, also this new iteration of Champions League and maybe the Europa League.

Not knowledge but fans input sorry

I really support the idea of the ESL than have the idea still brewing in the air
This is nothing like that.
The pl kept the same teams it had in the previous year as the football league
It still had a promotion/relegation system
The teams have constantly changed from that season year by year only 5/6 teams since then haven't been relegated.

This is nothing more than these 15 odd teams cutting off from the rest of their leagues no relegation no jeopardy FOR MONEY
Nothing for fans who go up and down the country etc

It
Is
A
Load
Of
Shit

Well this was bound to happen , they are seeing how NFL and NBA model is working so well .

This was going to happen eitherway. I dont see anypoint UEFA banning big clubs . They could implement format like play offs like we have in NBA , to be fair i prefer watching champions league than seeing a lower division clubs playing out who wins.
Post automatically merged:

This is nothing like that.
The pl kept the same teams it had in the previous year as the football league
It still had a promotion/relegation system
The teams have constantly changed from that season year by year only 5/6 teams since then haven't been relegated.

This is nothing more than these 15 odd teams cutting off from the rest of their leagues no relegation no jeopardy FOR MONEY
Nothing for fans who go up and down the country etc

It
Is
A
Load
Of
Shit
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/aug/17/arsene-wenger-european-super-league

Wenger saw this coming do you think he planned this up ? :milaugh:

This is end of championships league tbh.

I am surprised bayern and PSG didnt join ? Are they looking out for something.

This is all Uefa's fault.

That's what you get for not improving the format and adding additional slots for random ass fuckers.
Most of the owners expect profits in return . Its business in the end , if i was owner i would expect good TV deal revenue.

If anything i hope the Super League materialises, i mean like why would a Liverpool/Man United/Chelsea give a shit about a Carling Cup or a FA Cup? These teams over the last few years look disinterested even in the Premier League. If they push for a ESL, i hope they can push some of the money they get back to their respective leagues they came from down the pyramid.

This gives all other teams a chance to push to win the league opening the doors for a whole new era. For one i'll be glad there will be no Arsenal or Spurs in the Premier League or Real Madrid and Barca in La Liga. I mean these teams are fucking annoying.
fucking clueless little shit

fucking american ruining football

Dont blame us lol. Take it up with club directors also the person who initiated the breakaway is from Spain.

Blaming Americans is pretty lame , we have NFL , NBA , NHL . Soccer is 5th biggest sport here so no one in america cares what happens in Europe .

Meh after thinking about it its not bad of a thing . I do think the clubs are possibly losing lot of money because of insane player's wage and they are losing money because of Covid .

Either implement a cap in player's wage or allow the league to run this was bound to happen . I do think NFL format is actually good no teams can feel threatened of being relegated , players and owners will earn in equal benefits . I dunno why Europe hate this format because change is always good idea i hate the relegation system and the owners invest hell lot of money and their is always risk of team non performance .

Big loss is for small teams its a bit downer but they will have UCL / Europa to compete so they have no fear of losing their money .

Super League is not that bad
only negative side is see is that domestic league's will lose a lot of views and with that also the money

But why is Florentino Perez the president of the league
LOL

I don't think it's going to happen. I think these clubs are angry at UEFA for their proposed CL changes and are using this as a bargaining chip. They must know the incredible risk they're taking from both their domestic league and FIFA at large; either they think they can actually do this (which seems unlikely, given the power domestic competitions and FIFA hold over them) or they're posturing to force UEFA to change the CL into something else.

I think the second option is more likely, especially given the universal condemnation every club has gotten from its fans and supporters clubs. That said, I could very well be wrong given the resignation of the Juventus guy from his boards yesterday.

I sure as fuck hope it's not going to happen, it will destroy domestic football permanently. I'm choosing to believe it's a bargaining tactic.

I don't think it's going to happen. I think these clubs are angry at UEFA for their proposed CL changes and are using this as a bargaining chip. They must know the incredible risk they're taking from both their domestic league and FIFA at large; either they think they can actually do this (which seems unlikely, given the power domestic competitions and FIFA hold over them) or they're posturing to force UEFA to change the CL into something else.

I think the second option is more likely, especially given the universal condemnation every club has gotten from its fans and supporters clubs. That said, I could very well be wrong given the resignation of the Juventus guy from his boards yesterday.

I sure as fuck hope it's not going to happen, it will destroy domestic football permanently. I'm choosing to believe it's a bargaining tactic.
It will happen because of greed. Club that are in, may get ban from Uefa and domestic league, but they will still make a ton of money. ESL is not that bad, but if the other organization dont work together they will kill football.

soccer fans
yes soccer not football anymore, we know who's calling the shots now
:myman:
welcome to the model of the nba , nfl, mls
:milaugh:
I must say
the fact it isnt based on merit and purely driven by money
its sad to see.

which cl changes

I heard they won’t participate in the CL anymore ?

And only those 12 clubs can play in it ?

It smells like shit
They have some open spots for other clubs to join. Tbh I don't mind that Super League shit because I won't watch it. It sounds boring, I'll stick to domestic championship and CL.

UEFA is also threatening them but I think they will most likely find an agreement that suits both of them (that would mean money is going to make the difference).

Status
Not open for further replies.