Who will become the European Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard they won’t participate in the CL anymore ?

And only those 12 clubs can play in it ?

It smells like shit
It's still up in the air, uefa throws a lot of empty threats but just might act on this one lol. It sure as hell wouldn't be feasible to stack this shitty league on top of the PL, UCL and all the other domestic cups.

Even regardless of what uefa/fifa decides I don't know how this is going to get any traction when it's going to be boycotted into oblivion.

The super league will have alot of games and two groups with playoffs. But they still want to compete in domestic league's. Only schedule is the problem from them
Post automatically merged:

They have some open spots for other clubs to join. Tbh I don't mind that Super League shit because I won't watch it. It sounds boring, I'll stick to domestic championship and CL.

UEFA is also threatening them but I think they will most likely find an agreement that suits both of them (that would mean money is going to make the difference).
You are lying to yourself, you will watch.
:myman:
ESL is not that bad its kills only the traditions/ history and makes next step to modern football

Well this was bound to happen , they are seeing how NFL and NBA model is working so well .

This was going to happen eitherway. I dont see anypoint UEFA banning big clubs . They could implement format like play offs like we have in NBA , to be fair i prefer watching champions league than seeing a lower division clubs playing out who wins.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/aug/17/arsene-wenger-european-super-league

Wenger saw this coming do you think he planned this up ? :milaugh:
what happened is
arsene wenger was very critical of teams
who exploited the financial fair play rule
and became big teams over nights
the big teams werent big overnight
just cause they got a rich owner
the wealth was attained with continued success over the years so this grievances with uefa concerning ffp had been there for a while.
in order for these teams to have a bigger slice of the pie in other to cover the disparity in owner funnelled spending
they wanted a bigger piece of the money pie which they werent getting .

the 12 teams and possibly 15 will have parity as you see in the nba
the lakers arent getting players cause they are richer than the timberwolves etc
the issue here is meritocracy
no relegations
a great team that isnt part of the founding clubs doesnt earn a place there
fifa and uefa at the end of the day are also money grabbing institutions as these clubs
I hope this decision is reversible but it seems they have already perma banned them from ucl and uefa cup
domestic leagues arent doing well without their big clubs and they know that.

Last edited:
right here explains why this happened
this new format is uefa's idea
to generate more revenue for themselves (clubs werent satisfied with their piece of the pie)
so the clubs went around and stuck the middle finger to them
this is so crazy.

If new clubs cannot participate in this Super League its a big fat shame. It is way better that the 1st 2nd and 3rd of each championship have rights to participate in the CL. At least fresh meat can play CL and it rewards clubs who made a good season

A closed league is shit
agreed

If new clubs cannot participate in this Super League its a big fat shame. It is way better that the 1st 2nd and 3rd of each championship have rights to participate in the CL. At least fresh meat can play CL and it rewards clubs who made a good season

A closed league is shit
From what i heard they still wanna make some sort of relegations but will only work if there are enough teams and domestic league agrees with them

Meh after thinking about it its not bad of a thing . I do think the clubs are possibly losing lot of money because of insane player's wage and they are losing money because of Covid .

Either implement a cap in player's wage or allow the league to run this was bound to happen . I do think NFL format is actually good no teams can feel threatened of being relegated , players and owners will earn in equal benefits . I dunno why Europe hate this format because change is always good idea i hate the relegation system and the owners invest hell lot of money and their is always risk of team non performance .

Big loss is for small teams its a bit downer but they will have UCL / Europa to compete so they have no fear of losing their money .
whats culture/ tradition for us in north america isnt for them

This is the idea of ESL
Bigger brands -> higher viewership -> more sponsorships and higher TV deals to accommodate for higher viewership
thats also the idea behind the new uefa format
with more games
issue is
teams fight for a place into the cl
in this one they dont.

competing domestically when teams are recieving 3.5 bil each
signing the best players
teams in domestic leagues really cant compete.they will have to be banned.

Lets be real, last few years we know who will win every league or be in top 3. Top clubs get more and more ritcher and outclass everyone in the league.

Make ESL be top 4 strongest teams in every league. You can qualify if you win national league
You drop put of ESL like in any other league

This way little clubs have a chance in national leagues without giants curb stomping them bcs some Sheik bought the club - lookibg at you man city

UEFA went with their waters long enough. The motherfuckers simply want the whole cake. They changed the Champions league to include,non champions , they added an extra round ,they changed the whole structure,from having from the start just knock out games.
Just for the big league teams ,they increased the teams from the big 5 leagues that won't need to pass from Qualifications.

All that to safeguard the big teams. Now they wanted to make Ch.L with 10 matchdays before moving on the quarterfinals ,just to please the big teams and reduce even more the chance of a "smaller" advancing instead of them. However not even this is enough for them anymore.
They want secured positions instead of challenging for Europe. You see,they can't have the Leicesters and West hams takin their spot...

And of course this is done to gain more money from markets that aren't saturated like Europe's. This idea is backed from JPMorgan for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.