Who will become the European Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neymar and Mbappe failed the final test it does seem
Mbappe must score, but I wouldn't blame Neymar. Bayern focused on taking him out of the game (in a fair way) and did a wonderful job.

Bayern is just a truly monstrous team. The best one of the last 5 years imho.

And there is Neuer. I think at this point it's not outrageous to really crown him as the GOAT keeper. Unbelievable keeper and a true big game player.
Neuer could have saved Ace
Neuer would've walked out of Marineford with carrying both a healthy Ace and WB on his shoulders ...

Neuer wouldn't even let them score off side goal. What a goalkeeper!:steef:
That as the best scene of the game imho. Just so symbolic. Mbappe alone in front of Neuer, despite being clearly offsides, and Neuer even wins that 1-vs-1 in a spectacular manner.
I usually try to be objective when talking about football, but this Neuer performance was otherworldly and I don't know if everyone understands that. Even in the buildup game, he was just outstanding. PSG couldn't pressure him at all, he always found the right solution.

Last edited:
How about we start the prediction of next season CL winner, I know it’s way too soon.
But this could entertain a bit while waiting for the next CL season
So my prediction is like this:
1/ Bayern, the current champion, having strong squad and excellent coach this season, so they have the biggest chance to re-win it next season, imo.

2/ Liverpool, still a formidable team, with such a well tactic, as well as having one of the best coach. I think they’ll come back very strong next season after winning the PL after such a long time. And I think the defeat of them at round of 16 this season against Atlético was kinda a mistake by Adrian, had he not making that mistake that allowed Atlético to score, Liverpool might’ve won, since they’ve already been up to 2-0 (2-1 in agg) at that time.

3/ PSG, no denied that they’ve had the best season in their history, with just lacking a little bit more luck. And this loss might motivate them to try even harder next season, which might make PSG similar to Liverpool case, suffered the loss against Real 2017/18 and then winning the trophy the very next season 2018/19

4/ Real Madrid, it only took them one season to rebound back from the trophyless season (2018/19), by winning La Liga and Spanish super cup. The display of them in the league this season has been very solid, ngl. And despite not winning the CL for 2 seasons, they’re still the most successful team in this tournament, with the record of winning it 3 consecutive seasons, so for me, they’re still a pretty strong contender for this trophy.

I would love to mention Barcelona too, but they’re in such a mess right now, with a lot of problems that need to be fixed, and despite having a new coach like Ronald Koeman, I still don’t think they can achieve such a big task like winning CL next season.

The same kinda applies to Juventus as well, though I can see they might have bigger chance than Barca, since the crisis they’re in is not as such a mess like Barca. They really need to reduce the dependence of Ronaldo, tbh, just like Barca to Messi, too.

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
How about we start the prediction of next season CL winner, I know it’s way too soon.
But this could entertain a bit while waiting for the next CL season
So my prediction is like this:
1/ Bayern, the current champion, having strong squad and excellent coach this season, so they have the biggest chance to re-win it next season, imo.

2/ Liverpool, still a formidable team, with such a well tactic, as well as having one of the best coach. I think they’ll come back very strong next season after winning the PL after such a long time. And I think the defeat of them at round of 16 this season against Atlético was kinda a mistake by Adrian, had he not making that mistake that allowed Atlético to score, Liverpool might’ve won, since they’ve already been up to 2-0 (2-1 in agg) at that time.

3/ PSG, no denied that they’ve had the best season in their history, with just lacking a little bit more luck. And this loss might motivate them to try even harder next season, which might make PSG similar to Liverpool case, suffered the loss against Real 2017/18 and then winning the trophy the very next season 2018/19

4/ Real Madrid, it only took them one season to rebound back from the trophyless season (2018/19), by winning La Liga and Spanish super cup. The display of them in the league this season has been very solid, ngl. And despite not winning the CL for 2 seasons, they’re still the most successful team in this tournament, with the record of winning it 3 consecutive seasons, so for me, they’re still a pretty strong contender for this trophy.

I would love to mention Barcelona too, but they’re in such a mess right now, with a lot of problems that need to be fixed, and despite having a new coach like Ronald Koeman, I still don’t think they can achieve such a big task like winning CL next season.

The same kinda applies to Juventus as well, though I can see they might have bigger chance than Barca, since the crisis they’re in is not as such a mess like Barca. They really need to reduce the dependence of Ronaldo, tbh, just like Barca to Messi, too.
shouldn't we at least wait for the mercato?

F

Fallen Prince

Teams will find a way to beat bayern. Flicks needs to work out on vunerable back when long passes are played. The problem with high press game is when team catches you with unpredictable play it can be problematic at times.

How to counter high press play ? You need to tire out your opponent untill they lose concentration and energy.Require high level fitness and good possession play , i thought neymar had to drag into defense in second half , psg might need someone like kimmich in their team honestly.

Flick embeds germans philiosophy of how Germany won wc in 2014. Bayerns won with all good points deserved cl win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teams will find a way to beat bayern. Flicks needs to work out on vunerable back when long passes are played. The problem with high press game is when team catches you with unpredictable play it can be problematic at times.

How to counter high press play ? You need to tire out your opponent untill they lose concentration and energy.Require high level fitness and good possession play , i thought neymar had to drag into defense in second half , psg might need someone like kimmich in their team honestly.

Flick embeds germans philiosophy of how Germany won wc in 2014. Bayerns won with all good points deserved cl win.
Agreed. Boateng is ageing now. Same as neuer, but since he’s a goal keeper, that might not affect him much.
But boateng is definitely a weak link in defence when against speedy players. Alaba is another weak link too, I can see he’s declined little bit.
Though I’m happy that Bayern has Davies, one of the best player Bayern had this season.

And well, Bayern will eventually get beat too, as no team will be invincible. But I hope that they can dominate their opponents and win as long as they can.

Barca are overly reliant on Messi ( play make and score ) , Meanwhile Juventus arent really Dependent on Ronaldo , They just lack the Creativity from the middle , Even Ronaldo lacks that not to mention Juventus at least have the legs to play with intensity , Meanwhile barca are stuck with dead old legs

F

Fallen Prince

Its economy season where presidents , manager sits down to buy or sell players .

I hope we get good mf , i am not sure how long modric will last btw.
Post automatically merged:

Koeman throws a big bomb in barcas dressing room

Suarez, raktic, vidal and umtiti are confirmed to leave barca.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the news about Barca axing Suarez seems more and more likely to become true these days lol.
Let’s see how this new reconstruction of Koeman in Barcelona really goes.
And there’r even some news that Koeman wants Coutinho back at Barca, too.
:kayneshrug:

As for Thiago, I just hope that he won’t leave Bayern this transfer, he’s literally the best midfielder that Bayern has right now
:endthis::kata:

Status
Not open for further replies.