Spoiler General Kingdom Spoiler

Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
The Saki Clan aren't really fighters and the GKK are more cavalry focused and don't have as good an infantry force as the HSU so neither were as particularly suited for the task of assaulting the walls as the HSU.

Also, poor Denyuu. :josad:
But i believe if even 100 of strong from GKK including Aisen would be there with HSU than it would be quite useful there. Like core or elite unit which is trained for every situations even if they are not on there horses. Lol

Also the reactions of KK and Rei for Saki clan was like they were monsters but that might only be due to killing/murdering too many people. Btw weren't they introduced as assassins or I'm mistaken here !?

The Hi Shin Army has lost two 1K Commanders in the span of 24 hours, including a founding member of the Hi Shin Unit twelve years ago.

The infantry suffered when they lost Shou Sa. Now imagine how they will struggle without Den Yuu and Gaku Rai.

When you put things into perspective: the Qin 3 have seen some serious combat and sustained a ton of casualties in the 18 months since they rejoined the frontlines. The Gyoku Hou Army was nearly decimated and sustained heavy losses at Eikyuu. And now, the Hi Shin and Gaku Ka armies are pooling together the remnants of their heavily compromised armies into a desperate attempt to capture Gian, which may reduce them to an even smaller fraction of their original number.

I've been saying it for months prior to these events unfolding, but I think these latest chapters may reinforce what I have been theorising: the Q3 will return with command of greater numbers.

It took six months to set up the ambush at Gian. While they may seize Gian, the Qin will have sustained ~125,000 dead and will need to take time replenish, re-arm and re-train fresh troops. I say all this to say: I don't anticipate there will be another significant battle for at least 6 to 12 months after Gian is concluded.

If so, I believe we will get a brief time skip complete with a new round of promotions, unit sizes and new named characters. Perhaps we'll see the Hi Shin Army absorb some of the Kan Ki Army remnants like the Saki under Na Ki and the engineering corpse under Ka Ryo Ten.

Last edited:
On Denyuu, not buying that he's dead btw, all of the core members that have died till now have died in pretty grand ways and for important reasons.

Bi Tou - died protecting Shin from Mangoku's unrelenting onslaught
Shou Sa - Died as a catalyst to spur on the new gen of the Hi Shin Unit (i.e. Kanto and the others and maybe potentially even open up that vice commander spot for Kanto) and also potential growth for Ten (i.e. as she is partly responsible for his death)
Kyougai - His death was used as. catalyst to push Shin & Kyokai to their limits against Hou Ken
Gaku Rai - Died as a catalyst to spur on the more prominent Garo and also the Sou Brothers. (i.e. Gaku Rai's death was a bit underwhelming but even tho he was pretty strong he didn't really have that much spot light or weight in the Hi Shin Unit in the sense of being indispensable. He's somewhat similar to Kyogai in that sense. Rather than Gaku Rai, I think the Hi Hyou unit is what is indispensable to the Hi Shin Unit)

So yh, can't imagine Denyuu dies from a few stab wounds acting as a shield for the others.
I mean weight wise, you could say him protecting that door was what allowed them to the Gian but still...Denyuu is a pretty prominent figure in the Hi Shin Unit + given how sturdy he is his, I reckon he's survive one way to the other.

Rather than Denyuu's death, I think this whole scene is just to show Denyuu's resolution and how that was strengthened through this fight after witnessing Ryuu Sen's incredibly brave suicidal move. I mean in this same chapter, Chu Tetsu saved Ryuu Sen from death, after his suicical type move so in Hara's mind Ryuu Sen is still very important to the Hi Shin Unit and Denyuu is even more prominent that Ryuu Sen imo.

On Denyuu, not buying that he's dead btw, all of the core members that have died till now have died in pretty grand ways and for important reasons.

Bi Tou - died protecting Shin from Mangoku's unrelenting onslaught
Shou Sa - Died as a catalyst to spur on the new gen of the Hi Shin Unit (i.e. Kanto and the others and maybe potentially even open up that vice commander spot for Kanto) and also potential growth for Ten (i.e. as she is partly responsible for his death)
Kyougai - His death was used as. catalyst to push Shin & Kyokai to their limits against Hou Ken
Gaku Rai - Died as a catalyst to spur on the more prominent Garo and also the Sou Brothers. (i.e. Gaku Rai's death was a bit underwhelming but even tho he was pretty strong he didn't really have that much spot light or weight in the Hi Shin Unit in the sense of being indispensable. He's somewhat similar to Kyogai in that sense. Rather than Gaku Rai, I think the Hi Hyou unit is what is indispensable to the Hi Shin Unit)

So yh, can't imagine Denyuu dies from a few stab wounds acting as a shield for the others.
I mean weight wise, you could say him protecting that door was what allowed them to the Gian but still...Denyuu is a pretty prominent figure in the Hi Shin Unit + given how sturdy he is his, I reckon he's survive one way to the other.

Rather than Denyuu's death, I think this whole scene is just to show Denyuu's resolution and how that was strengthened through this fight after witnessing Ryuu Sen's incredibly brave suicidal move. I mean in this same chapter, Chu Tetsu saved Ryuu Sen from death, after his suicical type move so in Hara's mind Ryuu Sen is still very important to the Hi Shin Unit and Denyuu is even more prominent that Ryuu Sen imo.
I disagree with your take on the deaths of the HSU/HSA members. Besides Bi Tou, none of the characters you mentioned got a dramatic, drawn out farewell before their death. Shou Sa's passing was dramatic, but even he didn't go out in a blaze of glory, he was speared in fairly straightforward fashion and died slowly enough from his wounds to bid his captain goodbye. Kyo Gai was ripped to shreds, suddenly and violently. Gaku Rai rose to challenge a superior foe and was promptly cut down, quickly and with little effort. Neither received a dramatic final stand, neither got to give a speech as they passed in glorious combat - they simply died, honourably, but simply nevertheless.

As for Den Yuu's wounds, they turned the man into a pincushion.

Hara probably wouldn't go for a second fake out right after putting Ryuu Sen in the clear. The dramatic nature of the final panels and the serious injuries Den Yuu sustained would certainly indicate the man has passed.

Last edited:
No way he dies, Denyuu is one of the core HSU members, you'd think his death would be more dramatic.
This Gaian raid started two chapters ago and will likely end very soon, not really a relevant battle to lose someone as important as Denyuu from a narrative perspective.
I just laid it out pretty clearly that the HSU/HSA don’t tend to get drawn out, dramatic deaths. Bi Tou did, his loss was special in that it was the first true loss Shin had experienced as a leader of men, and it was someone he knew. It shaped him going forward, and in carrying the death of Bi Tou, he learned how to carry the death of others. I believe Hara was very intentional about doing that.

Kyo Gai and Shou Sa were core members of the original 100 and neither went out in dramatic fashion. Kyo Gai died especially quickly and violently.

It’s not an impossibility Den Yuu survives, sure, but I don’t recommend getting your hopes up.