Spoiler General Kingdom Spoiler

Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
HSU:

Kyoukai tells Ten to move so she can save Shin. Banyou starts yelling at the HSU for not chasing Riboku but Mouten and Ouhon can read the situation and they head where the soldiers are gathered. Ten asks what Kyoukai's going to do and she says that she knows of a 1000 year old technique that shares life forces but she hasn't tried it before and has never seen it actually work. But she says there's no other way.

Flashback:

Kyoukai is attempting this technique on a dead bird and Kyoushou asks her why she's trying such a dangerous technique. She says that since it's a technique that tries to bring the dead back to life it would never work.

HSU: After remembering what she says Kyoukai thinks that this won't work. But then she believes Kyoushou only said that to protect Kyoukai and lied to her so Kyoukai attempts to use the technique anyway. There are two doors to get through and she got through the first one. Kyoukai tells the HSU to call for Shin when something changes and knocks out.

1st Door:

In a white world Kyoukai sees Yuuren but only in form since the aura is completely different. Yuuren says that if she is to go past this world then her lifeforce is needed and the amount is up to Kyoukai. Kyoushou shows up and says that's the kind of technique this is and that only by giving her life can she save Shin. Yuuren says that if someone recently died then it's possible to bring back 2 people using 1 life force. However Shin used his whole life force and moved on to the second world. So her life force can only bring one life back and Kyoushou tells her to go back. Kyoukai says she'll give her whole life to bring Shin back without hesitation. Yuuren calls her a fool and says to go ahead and die and sends her over to Shin. Kyoukai sees Shin in the second world.

No break next week

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Indeed. That is pretty much the only thing I truly found lacking in the Shin vs Houken fight was the lack of an ideological or thematic clash between the two opponents that occurs often in Kingdom.

Houken has no problem voicing his beliefs to Ouki and straight up calling him a fool in their dual. Shin has had ideological clashes with Mangoku, Gaimou, Riboku and even Kanki.

To see these two go at it in their final fight and neither of them say anything to the other was a bit odd to be honest.

I suppose if they find Houken in this Spirit Realm (I am calling it that until someone comes up with a better name, lol.) then they could talk to him there. :kayneshrug:

Anyway, imagine if we see a Shin and Hyou reunion? That would be both a joyous and sad sight to see. :josad:

I still want to see Papa Ouki and Big Daddy Mougou though. :myman:
Tbh I would prefer it that Shin has no interaction with the dead, and if Shin does have some kind of encounter with them, I’d probably forcefully chose to interpret it as just Shin interacting with his subconscious manifestations of these characters rather than it literally being their spirits communicating with him from the after life.

For me Part of what makes a great character is a sense of finality in their story, the idea of their life ending in death is part of what makes any human memorable.

So as much as I’d love to see MouGOAT and Ouki Sama witness how far Shin has grown, I think I’d forcefully internally reject such a story if Hara showed it to me tbh lol.

Kingdom is like HxH, peaked relatively early it seems.

Never piqued my interest as much as it did during coalition war arc. Were good parts after that but yeah, never reached it again.

And now this clusterfuck of an arc that already has lasted nearly 150 chapters and still has ont concluded.

...Ok I’ve been pretty negative about this arc as well, but I feel like people should relax. This chapter is not even close to the worst in the series. There has always been a spiritual aspect to Kingdom. I’ll let everything play out before forming my opinion.

Aye Why not both ? :madmonk:

Kingdom seems to be balanced when it comes to spiritual things / real life warfare to be honest. that's why the reading experience is solid for me. though these spoilers really seem to be short.
I have no problem with it being both. Lol. Kingdom has always been one part wars/battles/politics, one part philosophy/ideology and one part spiritualism.

Yet for some strange reason, some people seem to have completely focused on the political part to the point that when Hara returns to focus on the spiritualism aspect that has always been prevalent in his manga, people start losing their minds regarding a world where individuals possess auras that physically affect other people (since Chapter 10 no less).

A world where people see and interact with spirits.

In addition to all these panels, Ei Sei in Chapter 426 and 427 talks of the light that resides in all of humanity.

So we can also add every time these “lights of humanity” appear as well.
A world where individuals can manipulate their own life force to achieve practically superhuman feats.

Along with literally every time that Kyoukai uses the Shiyuu Priestess Dance onscreen. Lol.
Yet despite all this, we somehow have folks complaining about a major aspect of the manga that has been there since the beginning of the series. :kaidowhat:

Utterly ridiculous. :rolaugh:

Edit: MangaSee images do not permanently stay on posts within this forum, so I am replacing any that are in my posts.

Last edited:
:nicagesmile::usoprice::saitahu:

Maybe it's time to drop this... Well, whatever this is...

It's the war & politics that makes this manga great, not the spiritual stuff that was out of place from the beginning.
It's impossible for me to drop this series. Its my absolute favorite Manga.
But i feel this is worst direction Hara could have taken Kingdom to imo.

It's okay for a character to have big spiritual presence, or when opponents are crushed by sheer weight of that before being finished by blows i.e it could be termed as Intuition, experienced people can tell veterans from not. And fodders can get crushed before facing Generals i.e Fear or something that sort.
Bt i don't find it amusing when it completely stops following the idea of realism. It's acceptable as long as it don't play a major part in the series and is short part of the series or limited to characters.
Like for eg, Kyoukai spiritual drops to became stronger was always something i didn't like but i had came to an part agreement for her character, thought it was only limited to her Assasins or maybe Bushins.

Bt this forbidden technique to even cheat Death for the Main character like Shin:giogio:? Why Hara why, does it have to take that route? Holding hands to revive a charactercatded

This isn't Full metal alchemist, where life spirit/span should be exchanged and sort. :feelsokeman:

And apologies for ruining the fun for those who enjoyed it.

I personally don't mind the spiritual bit. Kingdom has a lot of tribalism to it, so it makes sense that here is a hint of spiritualism as well. Plus it's been established since day 1 that Kyoukai & her clan are special humans of sorts. Kyoukai uses inhuman techniques on a daily and seems to share a spiritual connection with her sword (Ryokusui), so her knowing a technique with which she can share her life force with Shin doesn't really surprise me.

Rather than that, I'm very interested as to how things will end up.

Shin will definitely not let Kyoukai give her life for him lolz. Heck I doubt he'd let her even give him a drop of it so so chances are Shin gets revived via another method. However, on the off chance that it does happen (i.e, Kyoukai gives Shin half her life force), it'd be very interesting to see how Shin & Kyoukai's relationship develops from it & how Ten copes with it coz Hara's already revealed to us that she loves Shin so we could potentially see Ten beating herself up about the fact that she couldn't save Shin with her own hands or even get a jealous about it...lolz

Spoiler Chapter 631

More spoilers thanks to NigmaKai in TKC :

Vietnamese admin says: Shin is awake, Kyoukai is unconscious, no idea if she's dead or not. She also met Hyou (Shin's childhood friend) in the underworld
That was quick. Lol. I was wondering if we were going to have some interaction between Shin and some deceased major characters but that does not appear to be the case here. :kizabat:

So I would guess that Hara went this route in order to kickstart a KyouShin romance. :goyea:

I am still waiting for that smooch to happen Hara sama. :catblush:

J

Jo_Ndule

Dude, it was never a shonen. It cannot go from something it never was to something that it is not.:rolaugh:
Lol it was shonen?
Post automatically merged:

if it was seinen then it went from great seinen to copying shonen

No wonder why I always prefer Vinland Saga over Kingdom