Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
What happens is that Riboku comes back, defeats Kanki so badly that Kanki and his whole army flee Qin, and then Riboku proceeds to hold the line against Qin for the next few years. Then the Qin use Zhao spies to convince the Zhao court that Riboku’s aim is to become the King of Zhao, so the Zhao court themselves remove Riboku from battle and execute him, while dismissing Shibashou from service. Zhao itself falls shortly after.
another version I read is that after Kanki loses first he participates in the next war and then Riboku actually kills him.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
another version I read is that after Kanki loses first he participates in the next war and then Riboku actually kills him.
Yeah but I doubt Hara goes with this version given all of the foreshadowing that Kanki will be a future adversary to Qin. I definitely see him heading to Yan for a future war with Shin, as we know Shin was instrumental in the fall of Yan and he absolutely has been wanting to fight Kanki for years now lol.

Yeah but I doubt Hara goes with this version given all of the foreshadowing that Kanki will be a future adversary to Qin. I definitely see him heading to Yan for a future war with Shin, as we know Shin was instrumental in the fall of Yan and he absolutely has been wanting to fight Kanki for years now lol.
possible. I hope Shin gets to finish him too in a Yan war, if Kanki escapes there then he could add him in the Yan war even if it didn't happen in history Hara could still add him the conclusion would still be the same it wouldn't matter.

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung I have some doubts on Riboku's end coming from Zhao for the presence of Shin and his dynamic with Riboku, with him declaring that he'll be the one to defeat him and this idea being brought up by Hara at other points of the story as well.

Some panels about that :

At the end of the day, this is a manga that is inspired by history but also one where Shin, the MC, will become the best general of the Warring States period and where Ouki is as good as Renpa.

However, if Hara does indeed decide to follow the historical events for Riboku's case as well, I would love it. Ended by the state he always tried to defend and leaving Shin's desire to end the man himself unfullfilled and maybe a bit of a bitter taste in his mouth. A poetic ending for Riboku and a great resolution.

We got some interesting panels in that regard, during the time Riboku was being imprisoned :

With Shin's reaction to the possibility.

Last edited:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
possible. I hope Shin gets to finish him too in a Yan war, if Kanki escapes there then he could add him in the Yan war even if it didn't happen in history Hara could still add him the conclusion would still be the same it wouldn't matter.
Shin's crowning moment historically is crushing the armies of The Prince of Yan, the man who attempted to assassinate Sei. I can totally see Kanki somehow becoming an ally of the Yan Prince.

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung I have some doubts on Riboku's end coming from Zhao for the presence of Shin and his dynamic with Riboku, with him declaring that he'll be the one to defeat him and this idea being brought up by Hara at other points of the story as well.

Some panels about that :

At the end of the day, this is a manga that is inspired by history but also one where Shin, the MC, will become the best general of the Warring States period and where Ouki is as good as Renpa.

However, if Hara does indeed decide to follow the historical events for Riboku's case as well, I would love it. Ended by the state he always tried to defend and it would also make for a nice twist with regard of Shin's desire to end the man himself, leaving it unfullfilled and maybe a bit of a bitter taste in his mouth. A poetic ending for Riboku and a great resolution.

We got some interesting panels in that regard, during the time Riboku was being imprisoned :

😢The irony of Mouten saying that being executed by your own king is a sorry fate ...

History spoilers:
I can see Riboku's death going like this: Shin breaks into Riboku's camp, dedicated to slaying him, but instead, he discovers Riboku's slain body, surrounded by deceased Zhao agents. Shin gets credit for killing Riboku and promoted to Great General after this.

I'm 100 percent sure the corrupt Zhao monarchy will be directly or indirectly responsible for Riboku's death tho, even if Shin slays Riboku.

I expect Riboku's death to be a crucial moment for Shin's character arc.

@God Buggy
what i like with Hara is he don't a give a fuck about what MC want lol .
he wanted to become great general before kanki but he didn't
he wanted to stop kanki but he couldn't
lol so expect something similar to this .
Also it may serve to what Renpa said to shin that he will not surpass other gg cuz they dead
but his only way is to do what they couldn't the Unification

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars

Some panels about that :

However, if Hara does indeed decide to follow the historical events for Riboku's case as well, I would love it. Ended by the state he always tried to defend and it would also make for a nice twist with regard of Shin's desire to end the man himself, leaving it unfullfilled and maybe a bit of a bitter taste in his mouth. A poetic ending for Riboku and a great resolution.

This isn’t One Piece where the fucking Universe itself will cave in just to substantiate Luffy’s claim that he’ll kick someone’s ass lol.

If Hara follows through with history spoilers, then Riboku will remain undefeated by Qin until his death. The best I can see is Shin defeating him in a duel? But Shin isn’t slaying or surpassing Riboku in Zhao.

What if the author suddenly decides not to finish the series? Reading the historical spoilers here and there, the events ahead seem to be "painful" to imagine.
For example, the whole Ei Sei turning insane, Shin having conflict with Ei Sei, Ou Hon sinking capital, Mouten being executed, etc.
So far for the series, it seems like, no matter how hard the enemies were, either it is Riboku and Houken, or Coalition Army, or internal conflict with Chancellor Ryofui and Queen Mother; so far all the good guys are going united and going together hands in hands. But the events ahead, seems the "good guys" will conflict with each other. Some faces will turn heels. So I can imagine it is very hard thing to do for the author to continue the series. To make fans' beloved characters turning into bad guys, to shatter the yearly friendship of Sei and Shin. It will be hard to draw compared to usual story.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
What if the author suddenly decides not to finish the series? Reading the historical spoilers here and there, the events ahead seem to be "painful" to imagine.
For example, the whole Ei Sei turning insane, Shin having conflict with Ei Sei, Ou Hon sinking capital, Mouten being executed, etc.
So far for the series, it seems like, no matter how hard the enemies were, either it is Riboku and Houken, or Coalition Army, or internal conflict with Chancellor Ryofui and Queen Mother; so far all the good guys are going united and going together hands in hands. But the events ahead, seems the "good guys" will conflict with each other. Some faces will turn heels. So I can imagine it is very hard thing to do for the author to continue the series. To make fans' beloved characters turning into bad guys, to shatter the yearly friendship of Sei and Shin. It will be hard to draw compared to usual story.
Big Boi Spoilers ahed!

Hara doesn't necessarily have to do the two events that I highlighted, but about the other points, Hara doesn't have to do post unification events like Mouten and Sei's deaths(even tho the early introduction of Choukou makes me think he will) However, Ouhon drowning the capital of Wei will happen. The question will be how Hara handles it. Ryofui's "suicide" in the manga was handled differently for example.

I think the story will need deaths and tension among characters we've known for years in order to keep things interesting, but that's just my opinion.

I can see Hara ending the manga "early" by having the big finale be the Chu Invasion and unification of China, and just not doing the post unification stuff.

There's a possibility we may get a short epilogue arc post unification instead of major arcs too btw.

Sei going insane is just a theory too.

Last edited: