Is Bleach Better than Kingdom?

• Total voters
I'm honestly confused about Naki leaving the HSU. Wasn't it the whole point to gradually introduce characters into Shin's army and then develop them further, various officers could eventually become generals when Shin is a great general like Sosui, Garo, En etc. I always thought Hara planned for something similar for Naki (not necessarily becoming a general but at the very least becoming an even more powerfull unit that will play an important role in the future like the archer brothers)

:zorothink:

Maybe I have to reread some arcs but I think this whole ''family'' dynamic could have used a bit more fleshing out. Maybe some more meaningful interactions between Kanki and his group. I always felt that he cared for them but the way it's being suddenly highlighted as this new layer to the character feels a bit clumsy.

It doesn't help that Kanki sacrifices every foot soldier with no fucks given.

Last edited:
I'm honestly confused about Naki leaving the HSU. Wasn't it the whole point to gradually introduce characters into Shin's army and then develop them further, various officers could eventually become generals when Shin is a great general like Sosui, Garo, En etc. I always thought Hara planned for something similar for Naki (not necessarily becoming a general but at the very least becoming an even more powerfull unit that will play an important role in the future like the archer brothers)

:zorothink:
I think it’s important to bear in mind the serialised nature of weekly manga lends itself to scenarios where authors plan and plant seeds for things years ahead that they might change their mind about.

The passage of time allows for changes, good or bad. It might not even be internal. It could be a new editor, a comment by a peer or assistant or exposure to new material - pretty much anything could happen.

I don’t buy this was the trajectory meant for Na Ki, but only Hara and his stakeholders know that, I guess. I do wish it went differently.

Last edited:
Also the conversation is weird: we had sex several times but you can't be my woman because we're family :okay:
While I appreciate the bit of spotlight Rin Gyoku and Shu Ma and his clan got, I don't think Hara has been making many good decisions regarding the Kan Ki Army.

For me, it started when he revealed Kan Ki's supposed weakness was that... he didn't know strategy? Setting aside the fact Kan Ki is a genius who spent a decade and change around the likes of Mou Gou and Ou Sen and commanded an army of (tens of?) thousands of bandits before that - considering how much Kyou Kai has absorbed by sheer passive interest and intellect, it frankly doesn't make much sense Kan Ki doesn't have a deep understanding of the subject.

I suspect we will soon get the final piece of the puzzle to Kan Ki's past in his final moments, though whether he talks to Ri Boku or it's just a flashback in his head remains to be seen (I think the latter). Whatever it is we are likely to learn of Kan Ki, I don't think it'll redeem what has been otherwise been a series of pretty underwhelming revelations and disappointing flashbacks.

Last edited: