General Nostalgia Thread

J

Joygirl1

Things I had back then that got lost? Freedom, money, happiness...

Remember the time when:
- it was not dangerous to get out on the streets at night
- Shopping was fun because you could afford more things and there was no inflation and you didn´t have to wear masks
- you could go to bed and didn´t have to worry about tomorrow every night
- there was no war that could possibly even turn into World War 3
- there was no pandemic and no restrictions that ended in discrimination and with economy going down
- fuel was actually affordable
- Germany was a good place to live in and not that shitshow full of clowns that it is now
- freedom of speech existed without limitations
- the world seemed peaceful, less hectic and there was more nature and less overpopulation (including the cities too)
- developers put effort, creativity and love into video games instead of micro transactions and all that bs
- you could spend more time outside, without worrying about anything
- people were talking, playing board games, doing sports or just hanging out without staring at smartphones all the time, becoming smombies or couch potatoes

Spent thousand of hours playing Playstation in my old house: Suikoden 2, Final Fantasy 8, Breath of Fire IV, Monster Rancher 2, Star Ocean the Second Story, Final Fantasy 9, Digimon World 3, Digimon Rumble Arena, One Piece Grand Battle 2, Legend of Mana, Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia, Chocobo Racing, Chocobo's Dungeon 2, Chrono Cross, Smackdown 2 Know Your Role, etc etc.
Finding game's secret (secret characters, sidequests, secret dungeon) with classmates and how online walkthrough were still rare back then.

I still remember how I hated and got bored playing Harvest Moon Back to Nature and seeing the game's daily routine (especially brushing the cow part), but it was among my sister's favorite game so I hide the disc from her so that we could play another game.

Then that feeling of can't sleep at Saturday night because I got too excited thinking about next episode of Sunday morning cartoon show tomorrow.

Sitting at the rooftop of my old home with my sister, and from there we can see many things, the traffic light in front of our house, neighbouring rooftop, interior of neighbour's house and their mango tree etc.

Going to church every Saturday evening, riding pedicab with my family. How I kept wishing to myself we didn't have to go to church every week and spent the time exploring village corner instead.

Rej

Year of the black beard!

As a kid, I watched Disney cartoons like "Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears", "Darkwing Duck" or "TaleSpin" almost every day.
I miss the 90's when life was easygoing and not every aspect of life was politicized. Be thankful if you had such a childhood/adolescence because those times will never come again.
Banjo kazooie...damn I wanna play it again!

Emil

Certified Memelord
ps1 and atari
Post automatically merged:

its Saturday night. u r 7 years old sitting there chilling with ur friends or cousins having nothing to worry about in life playing pepsi man on playstation 1 after having just finished an episode of digimon or mutant ninja turtles then their mum comes and says its time to go home we'll see you another time and you go to sleep waking up to continue your game on sunday after having some quick buscuits or cereal for breakfast

these days mang

Last edited:
Going to the Arcade to play games.

Going to video rental stores for movies and games. I discovered movies and games that I'd never heard of had it not been for browsing those ailes and checking them out.

French Toast Crunch & Rice Krispie Treat Cereal

Saturday morning cartoon

Comic books when they were exciting and not woke shit

Mad TV and Mad Magazine

Goosebumps show and books/magazine

All of my dearly departed pets

Grandparents

Going to video rental stores for movies and games. I discovered movies and games that I'd never heard of had it not been for browsing those ailes and checking them out.

Saturday morning cartoon

Mad TV and Mad Magazine

Grandparents
Wow you're of the arcade generation?

Do you know this? One of my faves

Saturday morning cartoon

Mad TV and Mad Magazine

Grandparents
Damn, you are old