Fanclub General Religion Thread

What’s Your Religion

• Total voters
I said nothing of this. "And the fact that some people (I've seen some of those irl) need a God to be moral is sad"
How is that different to what I said ?

Morality depends on where you live. Morality in Europe is not the same in North Korea or Africa.
No thats Laws not Morality. People can live in a country and not follow the society's morals there. Example I live in England....where drinking alcohol is morally accepted and ok. Yet my morals tell me to avoid it.

How is that different to what I said ?
Your quote showed as if i talk about all people in absolute.

No thats Laws not Morality. People can live in a country and not follow the society's morals there.
Law and Morality are tied.

Example I live in England....where drinking alcohol is morally accepted and ok. Yet my morals tell me to avoid it.
Is it immoral to not drink? If drinking alcohol is moral, i believe being an alcoholic is not really.

Your quote showed as if i talk about all people in absolute.
Fine....you said some people. That doesnt answer the question tho. You said Morality is Subjective....then you said some people need a God to be Moral. But according to you morality differs for each person.

Law and Morality are tied.
Morality of an Individual and the Morality of the Country itself are not tied. And as you said morality is subjective. Whilst Law is absolute.

Even if I dont agree with a Law....I would have to do. Like paying taxes.

Is it immoral to not drink? If drinking alcohol is moral, i believe being an alcoholic is not really.
No it isnt. However I see Alcohol as highly immoral. Yet the Law doesnt agree with me. Thus I dont share the same morals as where I live.

@Chrono bro you're mixing morality with the ways of Islam

that's why people aren't understanding you
?????

It's subjective and flawed even with God. And the fact that some people (I've seen some of those irl) need a God to be moral is sad.
Enma says its subjective then says people need a god to be moral ? But if its subjective then there is no true way to be moral. What even is being moral if its subjective. Theres no right way. Im just point out the contradiction if what he said.

- Note: The way the argument dissolved into Laws and Morality of countries may not be what I had intended.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Enma said " Its sad some people need to have God to be moral". Im asking Enma what the "Moral" hes talking about since he said Morality is subjective.
Enma's point probably was this - do you really need a story about god to tell you that murder is not ok...
If the only reason some people in modern times think murder is not ok is because an old story says so, oh boy...
People knew murder is not ok long before any religion existed because I seriously doubt anyone ever liked the thought of his close ones being murdered. It is not about it being ok or not, it is simply because we didnt like it and what we dont like we decide that it is not ok.
It all comes down to human psychology. You are very young and you think you have all the answers because you believe into a story...

God is the moral standard everything which he orders then becomes morally right. How can we determine what is right or wrong with God? And if right or wrong is only determined by harm is incest ok if no children come of it.
If you have to be afraid of the sky papa to be good to other people you are not good, you are just afraid of being punished.

Morality is a socio-cultural idea, there's no such thing as natural morality, we consider things right and wrong based on interactions of the culture we are in with some psycological drives common to primates like empaty and group well being.

This idea that moral is some kind of religious thing is just another way of ultra-religous people trying to force their religious rules in another people life because they fell bad that another people can enjoy pleasures of life that by some religious "rules" they can't, and still have a happy life.

Even the Pope had already said that is better to be an atheist who respect and do good for other people than a religious who do bad and try to force his way on people.

Enma's point probably was this - do you really need a story about god to tell you that murder is not ok...
If the only reason some people in modern times think murder is not ok is because an old story says so, oh boy...
People knew murder is not ok long before any religion existed because I seriously doubt anyone ever liked the thought of his close ones being murdered. It is not about it being ok or not, it is simply because we didnt like it and what we dont like we decide that it is not ok.
It all comes down to human psychology. You are very young and you think you have all the answers because you believe into a story...
Thanks, don't have a time to answer myself, but it's pretty much my point.
Post automatically merged:

If you have to be afraid of the sky papa to be good to other people you are not good, you are just afraid of being punished.
Also this