Fanclub General Religion Thread

What’s Your Religion

• Total voters

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Ad hominem
Good thing I don’t believe the Pope’s word is law, Disbelief is the worst sin.
If you found out that religion is a scam, would you stop being good to others because you dont have to fear judgment?
Also, why not think for yourself instead of leaving the thinking to religion?
If the religion said it is ok to sacrifice your 2nd born child to god, would you think it is ok?

Enma's point probably was this - do you really need a story about god to tell you that murder is not ok...
If the only reason some people in modern times think murder is not ok is because an old story says so, oh boy...
People knew murder is not ok long before any religion existed because I seriously doubt anyone ever liked the thought of his close ones being murdered. It is not about it being ok or not, it is simply because we didnt like it and what we dont like we decide that it is not ok.
It all comes down to human psychology. You are very young and you think you have all the answers because you believe into a story...
What Enma said and what you are saying is different. Enma ended his comment with being "Moral" yet he also stated that morals are subjective.

Anyways Im not here to debate killing lol.
Post automatically merged:

God telling "Do not kill" and then wiping out almost all humanity is something I can tell isn't right.
Comparing God to a human. I can tell something isnt right.

If you found out that religion is a scam, would you stop being good to others because you dont have to fear judgment?
Also, why not think for yourself instead of leaving the thinking to religion?
If the religion said it is ok to sacrifice your 2nd born child to god, would you think it is ok?
But it doesnt say that does it ? It doesnt ask for anything other than to spread peace to people and to ourselves.

We could clearly see that if the Religion had a harmful affect we would leave it. But Islam isnt bad....only certain Muslims who practice it.

What Enma said and what you are saying is different. Enma ended his comment with being "Moral" yet he also stated that morals are subjective.
Perhaps it's language barrier, but what nik said is what i meant.

Comparing God to a human. I can tell something isnt right.
So it's okay for God be hypocrite? And i don't buy this "God works in mysterious ways" fallacy.

That's all it takes? If some guy from 1600 years ago said the murder was ok, you would obey and go on murdering people?
Did you read Noland and Calgara flashback? Just because you fear a story and the unknown, it doesnt make it right.
This argument of yours falls flat...because this isnt true. Islam only ever spread peace and connects with the heart. If the Prophet wanted to spread Murder....then he would be denied and no one would follow him.

You do realize that you get your morality from some dude from 1600 years ago who made the whole thing up?
Impossible

Reason 1: He himself was unlettered and illiterate. He could not sign his name either; how could he make it up?

Reason 2: Quran mentions some of his slight mistakes and encourages him to ask forgiveness from Allah. Would an egoistic, proud man make it up?

Reason 3: His companions witnessed unusual changes in his body (he used to become indescribably heavy , he would sweat in cold, shiver in hot weathers) which do not occur normally in a human being when the revelation took place.

Reason 4: He didn't ask for money for these revelations.

Reason 5: He asked people to worship Allah and not himself. Had he been the writer, he would have created words that are pro worshiping him.

Reason 6: He was renowned as the Trustworthy and Truthful, that everyone believed that he would which he said. Infidels entrusted him their properties even though they abhorred and disbelieved in him, just due to his matchless honesty.

Reason 7: Starting from Adam AS, all Prophets and Messengers have been preaching that there will be a such Prophet, who will close the door of prophethood till The Day of Resurrection. Like Jesus AS predicted:6. And (remember) when 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allah unto you confirming the Taurat [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed . But when he (Ahmed i.e. Muhammad) but when he came to them with clear proofs, they said: “This is plain magic". (Al-Saff)

Reason 8: The Quran has divine, poetic beauty that no human can ever achieve.If you ponder over the realities, you will understand the authenticity of Quran. My biggest advice: Read Quran yourself

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
If the Prophet wanted to spread Murder....then he would be denied and no one would follow him.
Bravo, you hit the nail on the head. BTW it was an what if scenario, if he found out that religion is a scam...
The main reason the current religions remained is because whoever made them up, was careful not to set limitations or to go against human psychology fitting for a society.
If god demanded murder, you would be a sinner if you denied him, regardless if you follow him or not.
Your denial/approval most likely doesnt matter to a hypothetical divine being.

Islam only ever spread peace
Why is there war between people raised in Islam? The religion can spread whatever it wants, people will still do their own thing...

Is that supposed to be an insult. Yes, my morality comes from God and the actions of the greatest of creation
The prophet was unlettered so he couldn’t have written the Quran and the Quran itself calls out mistakes he might have made.
Which part is the insult? It certainly wasnt god who wrote those things down, it was humans. You get that morality from humans.
The "prophet" was a human. The source of religions are humans who made it up.

So telling someone not to kill, yet killing yourself is not a hypocrisy?
He is God. If he said he wouldnt kill...then he would be a hypcrite. He never said that though. He said his creations shouldnt kill each other.

And God doesnt kill. He takes peoples life and then the soul goes to the Barazakh and back to him. So they can wait their till the day of reckoning.