Fanclub General Religion Thread

What’s Your Religion

• Total voters
Then why didn't the Prophet simply abolish it if it is haram ? He could have said no to this from the beginning
What is your defintion of a slave ? Cause I can assure you what you think is different from the reality.

Islam destroyed Racism and Misogny. Slavery was however was adjusted for it to humane and ideal for them. Islam encouraged ending slavery tho. And no Slave was mistreated nor was made to feel inferior. Which goes against what being a slave is. So basically they were paid maids and servants that were looked after and given rights and were workers

They are not the slaves that are tortured and forced to do things for their masters.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I never said the Quran confirmed the sciencfic facts. However Science itself is confirming all these facts within the Quran. Why is everything scientific fact in the Quran correct ? If it was made up....how the hell did he ever come up with these ideas whilst inside a land locked desert. And second how did he pick all the correct scientific facts. And how was this all possible when he cant read anything...

No matter how you look at it.
- The way the Quran speaks
- The way the Quran humbles Muhammad and brings out his mistakes
- The way Muhammad never wanted to be seen as anything special....or he wouldve said he was God.
- The way that he is suprisingly saying all this without being able to read or write.

The greatest miracle in Islam is the Quran. Their is no other expanation for it....other than it being divine.
Have you ever even read the Quran ?
Science has also confirmed facts from other religions. It is just observations made by people.
How he came up with things? The same way how people came up with other things...
If he cant read it doesnt mean he cant think and come to conclusions.

Touching and inspiring story, like all the others...
Muhammad's story is a miracle? Wasnt he just confirming the monotheistic teachings of other people?
I didnt read any of the "holy" books. I think that thinking myself is better than leaving the thinking to some old book to do it for me...

What is your defintion of a slave ? Cause I can assure you what you think is different from the reality.

Islam destroyed Racism and Misogny. Slavery was however was adjusted for it to humane and ideal for them. Islam encouraged ending slavery tho. And no Slave was mistreated nor was made to feel inferior. Which goes against what being a slave is. So basically they were paid maids and servants that were looked after and given rights and were workers

They are not the slaves that are tortured and forced to do things for their masters.
You said it yourself, "making people slaves is haram"
There is no humane slavery, just like there is no humane rape/murder, you guys went from "Prophet owned slaves" to "he had servants"
Slavery kept going for centuries after his death, if he believed it was wrong he would have abolished it

Science has also confirmed facts from other religions. It is just observations made by people.
How he came up with things? The same way how people came up with other things...
If he cant read it doesnt mean he cant think and come to conclusions.

Touching and inspiring story, like all the others...
Muhammad's story is a miracle? Wasnt he just confirming the monotheistic teachings of other people?
I didnt read any of the "holy" books. I think that thinking myself is better than leaving the thinking to some old book to do it for me...
Can you list these faiths and religions ? Do their scriptures and holy books have facts that align with science ? You cant just say an open ended statement show the evidence as I show you mine.

Then do you even have the right to critique it if youve never read it lol.

You said it yourself, "making people slaves is haram"
There is no humane slavery, just like there is no humane rape/murder, you guys went from "Prophet owned slaves" to "he had servants"
Slavery kept going for centuries after his death, if he believed it was wrong he would have abolished it
Slavery did end tho. No practising Muslim is a slave owner....and if they were they would be critiqued by the entire Muslim nation.

However if your talking about non muslims as well.....well Racism and Misogyny never ended after he died. It carried on everywhere else.
Post automatically merged:

You don't need a religion to know what is right or wrong, you don't need to be Muslim (or anything else) to know what is haram
Adultery, Gambling, Alcohol....all haram. Would you know that without Islam ?

Then why didn't the Prophet simply abolish it if it is haram ? He could have said no to this from the beginning
Abolishing owning slaves at which time and place? Sure, Muhammad could have said no to this from the beginning, but would the other side (non-Muslims) agree? He only own slaves to free them. Not to keep them permanently. Only in the case of women, he free them and marry them. You could say Muhammad played by the rules of the society that put them in order to put an end to the law of the jungle.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Can you list these faiths and religions ? Do their scriptures and holy books have facts that align with science ? You cant just say an open ended statement show the evidence as I show you mine.
Then do you even have the right to critique it if youve never read it lol.
You think Islam is the only story out there that says things which are true? And other religious stories are full of incorrect info? lol
I cant show you evidence as I am not familiar with any religion to have facts at fingertips. Logical conclusion is that plenty of things of modern religions are true and facts, otherwise people wouldnt be following list of incorrect claims for thousands of years...

Why wouldnt I have the right to critique any religion? It is my own thought process which led me to the conclusion that religions are made up stories, I dont need an ancient story to grant me permission to doubt or criticize anything. If you paid attention I am not criticizing Quran or Bible or any "holy" book, I am criticizing religion as a concept.

Slavery did end tho. No practising Muslim is a slave owner....and if they were they would be critiqued by the entire Muslim nation.

However if your talking about non muslims as well.....well Racism and Misogyny never ended after he died. It carried on everywhere else.

Adultery, Gambling, Alcohol....all haram. Would you know that without Islam ?
Arab slave trade went on until the 19th century and is still going on in countries like Libya, you can say that slavery is wrong in Islam i believe you, but it is still going on in Muslim(and non Muslim) countries

And yes, you don't need to be a religious person to know that drugs/alcohol/smoking/gambling/adultery is wrong, I never did these despite not being religious (I come from religious family though)

Abolishing owning slaves at which time and place? Sure, Muhammad could have said no to this from the beginning, but would the other side (non-Muslims) agree? He only own slaves to free them. Not to keep them permanently. Only in the case of women, he free them and marry them. You could say Muhammad played by the rules of the society that put them in order to put an end to the law of the jungle.
He had power, I'm sure you agree with that, had he simply said that slavery should be stopped (right before he died?) and the arab slave trade would have never happened (and I don't believe all slave owners were as good as him)

You think Islam is the only story out there that says things which are true? And other religious stories are full of incorrect info? lol
I cant show you evidence as I am not familiar with any religion to have facts at fingertips. Logical conclusion is that plenty of things of modern religions are true and facts, otherwise people wouldnt be following list of incorrect claims for thousands of years...

Why wouldnt I have the right to critique any religion? It is my own thought process which led me to the conclusion that religions are made up stories, I dont need an ancient story to grant me permission to doubt or criticize anything. If you paid attention I am not criticizing Quran or Bible or any "holy" book, I am criticizing religion as a concept.
So what your telling me is that you were answering and debating me with "ifs" and "buts". And that you dont actually have arguments, proofs or evidences....but your reasoning uses that if Islam has it other ....then religions and faiths must have it as well.....because brrr.....man made. Funnily enough your reasoning is exactly what your debating against. You say we have no proof but you have less than us.

Anyways im done with this. Good talking. :cheers:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
So what your telling me is that you were answering and debating me with "ifs" and "buts". And that you dont actually have arguments, proofs or evidences....but your reasoning uses that if Islam has it other ....then religions and faiths must have it as well.....because brrr.....man made. Funnily enough your reasoning is exactly what your debating against. You say we have no proof but you have less than us.

Anyways im done with this. Good talking. :cheers:
Yes, logic is very useful thing when you have it. Not your strong suit tho. :cheers:
Your logic seems to be that other stories are lists of inaccurate things but people worship them regardless...
There is no proof of god, no matter how much you try to make it seem otherwise.

Arab slave trade went on until the 19th century and is still going on in countries like Libya, you can say that slavery is wrong in Islam i believe you, but it is still going on in Muslim(and non Muslim) countries

And yes, you don't need to be a religious person to know that drugs/alcohol/smoking/gambling/adultery is wrong, I never did these despite not being religious (I come from religious family though)

He had power, I'm sure you agree with that, had he simply said that slavery should be stopped (right before he died?) and the arab slave trade would have never happened (and I don't believe all slave owners were as good as him)

I mean we can never give a clear answer to why Slavery wasnt entirely abolished. Though saying that if it was abolished....certain things wouldnt happen....thats untrue. We dont know what would have happened.

Eitherway Islam coming in and giving slave rights and encouraging freeing them. Is better than the current predicament they were in and was still far ahead of its time. Along with ending racism and misogyny

Eitherway Allah only knows why Slavery wasnt entirely abolished. I dont think i should speak on something I dont know much about.

Ad hominem
Good thing I don’t believe the Pope’s word is law, Disbelief is the worst sin.
Well Pope world is not law, pehaps for the catholics, but not for me, but he have much more understand of religious systems than some guys in the internet. Good that we can disagree and still be civilizated, because, at least where i live, we dont behead people because they disagree with some religion.

About slavery:
Go to Saudi Arabia, UAE, Libia and Mauritania an see the condition of South Asians and Black Africans who work there, if this is not slavery you guys are completely mad.

I Iive in one of the few cities in Brazil with a mosque, and a i have some muslims friends, who are very intelligent people, open to new ways of thinking and that love to see the world by other lenses than just the religious one. Very sad to see that some people from majority muslim countries have been brainwashed to behave like some guys in this topic and simple think their religion is the only one in the world an keep this medieval mindset of be closed to any other information besides what they have been indoctrinated.

This topic have become the fundamentalists in a nutshell, dont think for yourself, just follow what some old dudes from centuries ago have said and try to force this in other people by saying the same thing again and again. Will be closed soon, because some guys cant talk with respect to others faiths :(

He had power, I'm sure you agree with that
OK, let's go with that. Even how can I prove that he had power? Even if he had power on his followers. Him and his followers would be outnumbered by non-Muslims in Arabian Peninsula. Let alone outside the Peninsula. It would take him time and years to put an end to slavery.
Sakazuki-Singh said:
had he simply said that slavery should be stopped (right before he died?) and the arab slave trade would have never happened
Slavery contradicts with Islam's standards, so obviously Muhammad did his best to end slavery in Arabian Peninsula, and after his death, slavery returned to the Peninsula and then completely abolished permanently in King Abdullaziz of Saudi Arabia.
Sakazuki-Singh said:
(and I don't believe all slave owners were as good as him)
Not important.

It didn't stop you from calling Hindu people stupid in the other thread though, which is a form a racism
I never called Hindu people stupid. It was specific people mentioned in the Quran who had a whole Prophet and was saved by Allah and was given everything to them.

I literally said nothing about Hindu people....but I can see why people may see it like that. And thats why I apologised.