Chapter Discussion God Valley

I want panels of Garp showing them Yonkou pleps how the big bois used to square up
Oh yeah, Garp, the strongest and the only yonko level marine to ever live. :steef:

Unconfirmed Speculation:
  • A couple weeks/month back someone had said the span of Chapter 1012+ was supposedly a bunch of Act ending or world shaking chapters.
Where did we get this though?

This is completely unconfirmed, it could turn out false. So far I’ve seen this three times. Twice on Worstgen by I forgot who said it, but I believe it was someone relevant enough for me to take seriously. And then I saw it come up on Discord.
As far as I know I don't think that's confirmed anywhere. I would kill to see some outside Wano chapters, though I'm getting more and more skeptical of getting a 4/5 act structure now.

As far as I know I don't think that's confirmed anywhere. I would kill to see some outside Wano chapters, though I'm getting more and more skeptical of getting a 4/5 act structure now.
Yeah I treat it with a grain of salt as well. So I built up the prediction based on story events, and it seems like it coincides. And I’m also skeptical of the 5 act structure

God’s Valley probably is Onigashima, but don’t expect a big Rocks/God’s Valley flashback this arc. We’ll get a short Kaido one that touches on these aspects among other parts of this life, but it will just be a touch, nothing more.

Thing about Kaido and Big Mom is- they are just a bit part in the Rocks story. The apprentice and Rocks third strongest subordinate. There are other characters to whom the Rocks story is far more relevant, and it’s when the story moves to them that we will get the full flashback of what happened on God’s Valley.

The most important figures on God’s Valley were Rocks, Garp and Roger. Rocks’ greatest influence in the world is not Kaido and Big Mom, but Blackbeard and, if he is indeed Rocks’ son, Shanks. It’s with one of these characters that we’ll get a God’s Valley flashback- I think Garp being the most likely, as he’s the oldest and through him we can basically get a full Garp/Roger/Rocks flashback that explores all three Ds. Plus Oda has said Garp and Dragon are the two characters he would want to go into in most detail.

Don't insult Garp like that. He competed equally with the likes of Rocks, Roger and Primebeard. Yonkou are silver medalist that couldn't overcome even MF WB's shadow.
To be honest I can't stand this misconception that Rocks was necessarily the strongest on the God Valley. It was a rumble, Marines + Pirates vs other Pirates.

Rocks had the help of his pirates at his disposal, he wasn't standing alone against the Roger Pirates and Garp + the rest of the Marines.

God’s Valley probably is Onigashima, but don’t expect a big Rocks/God’s Valley flashback this arc. We’ll get a short Kaido one that touches on these aspects among other parts of this life, but it will just be a touch, nothing more.

The most important figures on God’s Valley were Rocks, Garp and Roger. Rocks’ greatest influence in the world is not Kaido and Big Mom, but Blackbeard and, if he is indeed Rocks’ son, Shanks. It’s with one of these characters that we’ll get a God’s Valley flashback- I think Garp being the most likely, as he’s the oldest and through him we can basically get a full Garp/Roger/Rocks flashback that explores all three Ds.
So you're telling me God Valley will be explained on a larger scale in the next 200-300 chapters :lusalty:
What a buzz kill...

Plus Oda has said Garp and Dragon are the two characters he would want to go into in most detail
Do you have a source for this?

So you're telling me God Valley will be explained on a larger scale in the next 200-300 chapters :lusalty:
What a buzz kill...
Yeah, God’s Valley is endgame stuff, it’s explaining the motivations of three different D’s, the Celestial Dragons and ties in with the lost history if the world and the Void Century. It’s just nit all that relevant to the Wano story, despite the fact that Big Mom and Kaido were there

Do you have a source for this?
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/One_Piece_Complete_Collection

Topic: Which characters would you like to go into detail about if you had enough time?
Well, there is a helpful means named "cover story" in ONE PIECE for that purpose... Anyway, there remain some characters I want to go into detail. It would be interesting if I focus on Marines. I can come up with a magnificent story about Garp. I'd like to draw some relationship and talks between him and Akainu, Aokiji, Smoker, Hina, Koby who joined Marines one after another, Cipher Pol and Roger.

It would also be interesting if I focus on Revolutionary Army, mainly Dragon. Why do they intend to make a revolution? With what belief? How did they meet? The story about Luffy's birth would be interesting. Many of those stories would be serious.

All of the stories about their lives lead to Luffy!! OK!! I'll draw Luffy!!

Translation: sandman

I cling to this interview as proof Dragon will live up to his hype after the horror of his Reverie non-performance.

Yeah, God’s Valley is endgame stuff, it’s explaining the motivations of three different D’s, the Celestial Dragons and ties in with the lost history if the world and the Void Century. It’s just nit all that relevant to the Wano story, despite the fact that Big Mom and Kaido were there

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/One_Piece_Complete_Collection

Topic: Which characters would you like to go into detail about if you had enough time?
Well, there is a helpful means named "cover story" in ONE PIECE for that purpose... Anyway, there remain some characters I want to go into detail. It would be interesting if I focus on Marines. I can come up with a magnificent story about Garp. I'd like to draw some relationship and talks between him and Akainu, Aokiji, Smoker, Hina, Koby who joined Marines one after another, Cipher Pol and Roger.

It would also be interesting if I focus on Revolutionary Army, mainly Dragon. Why do they intend to make a revolution? With what belief? How did they meet? The story about Luffy's birth would be interesting. Many of those stories would be serious.

All of the stories about their lives lead to Luffy!! OK!! I'll draw Luffy!!

Translation: sandman

I cling to this interview as proof Dragon will live up to his hype after the horror of his Reverie non-performance.
This post pretty much Nukes this thread.
:josad:
Now I’m no longer interested in Wano.
:lusalty:

Don't insult Garp like that. He competed equally with the likes of Rocks, Roger and Primebeard. Yonkou are silver medalist that couldn't overcome even MF WB's shadow.
Nah roger didn't had any competition in his days of becoming Pk........now there is a stalemate..........even roger won't become Pk in this situation lol..........yonko's are very close to WB too.............

how is that nothing
at some point
they stood in his way
albeit wb did too
Yeah they did but there was no deadlock.........no other pirate crew were searching for poneglyphs and so on..........

You didn't answer a question I asked in admiral vs yonko thread........

Who will fight/defeat kizaru and greenbull? How much difference in strength there is between akainu and kizaru/greenbull?

Yeah they did but there was no deadlock.........no other pirate crew were searching for poneglyphs and so on..........

You didn't answer a question I asked in admiral vs yonko thread........

Who will fight/defeat kizaru and greenbull? How much difference in strength there is between akainu and kizaru/greenbull?
I dont check alerts when they get too many
so once am up and I see 25+
am not even going to bother.
we can move this convo there