Chapter Discussion God Valley

Chapter 1010 has just showed us Advanced Conquerors Haki thru Zoro and Luffy.

Spanning from Chapter 900-910, clues of Rocks were thrown in noted by Garp and Marco.
Chapter 951 laid out that Big Mom and Kaido were also part of that Rocks Crew.
Chapter 956 set up the prologue to the Epic event discarded into the mist of history.
Chapter 966/967 showed us CoC clashes betw Roger, Whitebeard, and Oden.
And we have come to know that the clash betw WB and Roger was Advanced CoC.
Chapter 1001 showed us Kaido and those he regards as the only ones capable of fighting him.
  • Kozuki Oden, Red-Haired Shanks, Edward Newgate, Gol D. Roger, and Rocks D. Xebec (All Conquerors)
Its been over 100 chapters since the introduction of this mythic Legend covered up by the WG.

I believe the last pieces of the set up for this legend have just been placed on the board.
This came in the form of Luffy's explanation of Conquerors Haki and subsequent usage.

There is no doubt in my mind that the God Valley Event and Kaido's flashback is incoming. With SO many Conquerors in one place [Rocks, WB, Roger, Garp, Shiki?, BM, Kaido and their crews (Rayleigh?)] etc, its only right that Oda would have been waiting for this time. This can be juxtaposed to Wano where there are several Conquerors within this Onigashima Raid: [Kaido, Big Mom, Luffy, Kid, Zoro, King?, etc..]

Unconfirmed Speculation:
  • A couple weeks/month back someone had said the span of Chapter 1012+ was supposedly a bunch of Act ending or world shaking chapters.

Basically, my predictions are
  • Kaido Flashback 1012-1022 (within this range)
  • Kaido and Beast Pirate Formation within the next Volume.
    • Volume 99: Chapter 995-1003/4? [Indicating Luffy has arrived on Shanks board]
    • Volume 100: Chapter 1004/5-1013/4? [Indicating Luffy is able to Clash with Emperors]
    • Volume 101: Chapter 1014/5-1024/5? [Kaido FB?]
  • Act 3 Ending? And/Or Post Reverie Continuity
Thoughts? @Paperchampion23 @Jew D. Boy @bennbeckman @Kuro Ashi @Doggo @Akai2 @TheKnightOfTheSea @ZoroSlaysDragonTuna @Fenaker @Celestial D. Dragon @KiriNigiri @Krusher1357 @Lone Laguna Espada @MonsterKaido @BleakAsh

Last edited:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
I think we'll learn that Rocks had Kaido's devil fruit in a couple of chapters from BM or Yamato. It's a little too early in the arc(with 100 chapters) for a Kaido flashback but I wouldn't mind getting it out of the way before the calamity match-ups are finalized. Thanks for the tag.

Onigashima probably was something significant in the past but I'm not sure if it was God Valley.

Where did that speculation come from? Also, I agree with Nik, Marco’s comment about “They’re calling it Onigashima now” gave me that vibe right away :luuh:
While I don’t deny it’s chances, the anime has opened up some more possibilities on the lore behind the Island. I’m expecting it to be a Celestial Dragon Grand Line island with special Devil Fruits/Ancient Weapons.
Can't wait for it :steef::funky:

But its too early imo for the flashback...........
The Raid started 40 chapters ago. I don’t see it lasting longer than another 20. Maybe it’s me too eager to see Kaido FB
:catlewd:

Considering how young Kaido would've been during the Gods Valley incident, it's no wonder Oda has held off on a flashback until he makes the connections between Onigashima and that event more clear. It's not just enough that Linlin and Kaido formed an alliance to form the second coming of Rocks as a link to it.
Do you guys really think that throwaway Marco line from 30 chapters ago means this much?

H

humanbeing

there might be an end of Act 3 soon, it would be like Luffy can now fight Kaido equally and it is possible that Kaido lose , Drake will be reporting to Coby and sword, the CP-0 will report to the WG, and we will see what is happening in the world and get updates on Shanks , BB , Dragon , Sabo , Hancock , Vivi , Shirahoshi , Mihawk , Buggy and Weevil.
we might see a revolutionary member in Wano as well could report to Dragon.

there might be an end of Act 3 soon, it would be like Luffy can now fight Kaido equally and it is possible that Kaido lose , Drake will be reporting to Coby and sword, the CP-0 will report to the WG, and we will see what is happening in the world and get updates on Shanks , BB , Dragon , Sabo , Hancock , Vivi , Shirahoshi , Mihawk , Buggy and Weevil.
we might see a revolutionary member in Wano as well could report to Dragon.
Oh man all beautiful points :lumazed:
Got me hype
It would be funny if Kaido stole an island from Totto Land. Maybe Onigashima was Kaido's ancestral homeland or had a Vegapunk lab on it. It would be cool if it was the Emerald City Bellamy mentioned 800 chapters ago.
Maybe Raftel, Wano, or God Valley was/is the Emerald city. I saw a theory about how it would have a Green Poneglyph containing information on Devil Fruits. And this is why the God Valley Event happened. So Rocks could secure knowledge on Strong Devil Fruits, awakening, and formation.

It also explains why Celestial Dragons could’ve been involved and ties back to Vegapunk using Kizaru lasers into Pacifistas, why Kaido is forming a Zoan army, and why Blackbeard is a Devil Fruit Hunter while representing Xebec through his ship, island, and vast Devil Fruit knowledge

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Oh man all beautiful points :lumazed:
Got me hype

Maybe Raftel, Wano, or God Valley was/is the Emerald city. I saw a theory about how it would have a Green Poneglyph containing information on Devil Fruits. And this is why the God Valley Event happened. So Rocks could secure knowledge on Strong Devil Fruits, awakening, and formation.

It also explains why Celestial Dragons could’ve been involved and ties back to Vegapunk using Kizaru lasers into Pacifistas, why Kaido is forming a Zoan army, and why Blackbeard is a Devil Fruit Hunter while representing Xebec through his ship, island, and vast Devil Fruit knowledge
A Green Poneglyph would be cool. Most of the Rocks Pirates are super skilled with their fruits: Whitebeard, Kaido, Big Mom and Shiki. Wouldn't be surprised if all of them have awakening and learned how to unlock awakening from somewhere or someone.

I think what we need to understand from a Kaido flashback is why he chose Wano and Onigashima as places where to make his HQ,and what is precisely is main goal. In present time he declared war to the World Government,but before that? About Rocks: in a Kaido flashback we will surely learn more about him and his crew,but maybe we could have a proper Rocks flashback later in the story,because Rocks will probably be important also in connection to Blackbeard and Gol D. Roger (and altough we saw Roger in the Oden flashback,i think we will also get a Roger flashback later in the story,where we will learn for example about his relationship with Rogue,and what was his objective,the one he said to WB and Roger that is identical to the Luffy's one).

The most interesting thing to me that comes with Kaido and by extension the god valley flashback is that the possibility of Xebec's character and all the lore involved in it to be somehow relevant to the climax of not only this arc, but what we'll be potentially getting after Wano too.

Like, you cannot tell me that in a flashback with all the events that might potentially overshadow his (Kaido) character (in hype/ relevancy to the overarching plot) there are not going to be immediate implications from it.

This is still one of the reasons why I believe that if Oda can execute things in the right way, Wano may well have one of the best climax/conclusion to an arc BY FAR. As always that's a BIG if there.