Powers & Abilities Gorosei Powers

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

Left to Right:
Venus, Saturn, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter

Venus: Rokushiki and Martial Arts Master. Capable of using Life Return to drain the life force of other people (this is why he looks younger than the other Gorosei)

Saturn: Rotation Paramecia. He is able to control the rotation of anything in the world, including the orbit of electrons in atoms.

Mercury: Mercury Logia (this one seems pretty agreed upon)

Mars: Swordmaster who is capable of sending slashes through physical objects without damaging them (IE slicing into the floor, not cutting the floor, then having the attack pop out from the ground to hit his enemy)

Jupiter: Plasma Logia

Venus having a Lucifer Zoan (lololololol) would be fun, and I wouldn't mind Mars having some War God Zoan or something. Thoughts?
Not in order because aside from Gandhi we can't tell much about others.

Swordsman, Martial Artist, Logia, Paramecia and Zoan.

Lol, it's super simple and I will be surprised if Oda does something differently.

ps. All of them underwent immortal surgery pretty much.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Good Teachers = Good Cartoons >>>>>> Actual School
Are we 100% sure Gorōsei name are based on these five planets??
It's like everyone has accepted this.
Nope, but, since Luffy is connected to the Sun heavily, it's starting to look like that's the case.

Planets were often worshipped as Gods in the past, so naming the Gorosei after planets does make a lot of sense.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Good Teachers = Good Cartoons >>>>>> Actual School

Considering Jupiter is called the King of the Gods, he may have very strong Conqueror's haki. His powers are lightning, but thats already taken so he may not have a DF.
Do you think it's possible the Gorosei are what's left of the original 20 Kings? Maybe each of their families were given "godhood" as a gift for their loyalty?

Apollo

The Sol King
Do you think it's possible the Gorosei are what's left of the original 20 Kings? Maybe each of their families were given "godhood" as a gift for their loyalty?
Their reaction to the Nika awakening makes me think the Gorosei aren't immortal, they were discussing what the world governement did in the past like they weren't there.

BUT, I do think the Gorosei have to be an outlier compared to other CDs. For example, the 20 families were named after characters from specific countries:
Nefertari family in Arabasta=Named after Queen Nefertiti from Ancient Egypt.
Donquixote family in Dressorsa= Named after the famous spanish novel Don Quixote.

The Gorosei took it up a notch, from being named after characters in specific countries' history into planets. We know that planets were worshipped as gods in the past, and the ancient weapons are named after them as well.

Honestly I hope they take previously established fruits that fit the Roman god their planet is named from.

Mercury - Noro Noro no mi. Foxys slow slow fruit has so much potential and giving it to someone named with a god of speed is awesome

Venus - Kira Kira no mi. Venus is not just a god of beauty, but she’s a god of wealth and prosperity in Roman myth. As such giving the gorosei they share a name sake such a strong fruit like this would be awesome

Mars - Urouges fruit which makes him stronger the more damage he takes (perfect for a god of combat)

Jupiter - Goro Goro no mi. Honestly the Thunder fruit feels almost too fitting so it’s likely not happening but I think it’d be cool

Saturn - Bonneys fruit which allows him to affect the age of others and himself (perfect for a god of time)

Will probably be none of this and might be not strong as we expect them but anyway, will give them abilities based on some feature on possible planets they may be based on, and be a laughing stock afterwards:

Saturn - Orbit paramecia combined with Kami-e, self orbits or makes orbit things around him. Awakening allows him to attach different orbit points.
Mercury - Shrink Paramecia (opposite of Sanjuan wolf giantification), read that the planet is shrinking
Mars - some superior version of Rust paramecia
Jupiter - Cloud Logia
Venus - a Paramecia where his body acts like a greenhouse effect. Or a trap paramecia where he can trap various things in his body and release them, even things like fire, lightning volcano etc., Venus is the hottest planet in thr solar system. Or Melt Paramecia. Or Ash/Carbon Logia or something similar, a superior version of Smoker.