Gun debate thread

Do you support the 2nd Amendment?

• Total voters
B

Ballel

People with low testosterone or vegans are more likely to be tamed by governments.

They become more passive and weak. See, the reason they are against guns is purely emotional, because at least (for now) via statistics and studies, countries are safer with an armed population.

I say for now, because at least in the US, attacks on schools will increase. Then you guys will have arguments to prohibit possession of a weapon.

aka the Wild West

I think the bigger issue is the rate of fire. An AR-15 is simply far too effective at killing at such a fast rate with a higher magazine, etc. compared to other weapons. The potential risk of collateral damage to your home from using a shotgun should be infinitesimally inferior to the many lives, a lot of which are CHILDREN that are being lost daily due to AR-15's.

It isn't just guns that need reform though, it's a lot of things. Security Systems need to be overhauled, Cops need better training and should have higher qualifications in order to become one, mental health care needs to be more widespread and accessible, etc.
There's nothing special about "assault rifles", and semi automatic magazine fed weapon has similar capacity for damage, even handguns as seen in the Virginia tech shooting. Handguns are responsible for more deaths in general, I think kills by AR-15's probably don't even crack 4 figures annually. Just because they're the mass shooter's preferred choice doesn't give me any impulse to use an inferior weapon for self defense. Frankly, there are a lot of tools at the disposal of a motivated agent to kill people.

There's nothing special about "assault rifles", and semi automatic magazine fed weapon has similar capacity for damage, even handguns as seen in the Virginia tech shooting. Handguns are responsible for more deaths in general, I think kills by AR-15's probably don't even crack 4 figures annually. Just because they're the mass shooter's preferred choice doesn't give me any impulse to use an inferior weapon for self defense. Frankly, there are a lot of tools at the disposal of a motivated agent to kill people.
A true terrorist will use bombs,car bombs and other mass destruction devices.Mass shooters are a psychosocial problem.
Post automatically merged:

Aren’t like most of the people on here not Americans? Why do y’all even care then lol
Because many countries mimick whatever is going on in America.That is why.

Porra,tá foda kkkkkk

There is literally not a single argument for guns in civilian hands that makes sense.

Fight a corrupt government? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA put down the Call of Duty and think logically please. Most Americans can barely extricate their lard asses from the sofa, let alone fight drones, tanks and hide in deserts like Middle Eastern insurgents. Next argument please!

Protect yourself? From who? Your neighbours? Statistics show that guns make you *less* safe, not more so. Have fun accidentally shooting your son sneaking home from a college party, or a mentally ill old man with dementia who broke into your house thinking he lived there.

So apparently America has cities with undrinkable water, police that allow the slaughter of children and politicians that are literal pedophiles. Who would’ve thought that guns in civilian hands don’t actually make you safer, or society fairer and more just?

Literally every other civilised nation. Second Amendment can suck my dick.

Protect yourself? From who? Your neighbours? Statistics show that guns make you *less* safe, not more so. Have fun accidentally shooting your son sneaking home from a college party, or a mentally ill old man with dementia who broke into your house thinking he lived there.
You know, there's a certain irony to pretending life threatening situations never happen to people while saying guns should be banned to stop violence. Certainly nobody is ever actually in a life threatening situation. What a dumb take.

Last edited:
Ban Guns !!

The argument that people will still get it illegally is for people who would likely always be criminals.

A person who wouldve followed the law and kept their guns inside their homes would highly likely not go crazy and break the law if guns are banned. And even if on the off-chance they do break the law and purchase guns, it would still be for protection of property (though they still broke the law and deserve jail time).

Banning guns would more than anything restrict the criminals who would use it in evil ways. How much school shooters will be able to get access at a young age ? And even if they do....with guns being illegal and banned, they'd be caught.

Plus of course the more people jailed and prosecuted for owning guns, the less people willing to own them. Pretty simple.

"26 years ago, it happened in Scotland. In March 1996, a gunman entered Dunblane Primary School, killing 16 students, a teacher, and injuring 15 others. To this day, it is the deadliest mass shooting in UK history.

But that's where the similarities end. In the aftermath of the shooting, parents in Dunblane were able to mobilize with the kind of effectiveness that has eluded American gun control activists. By the following year, Parliament had banned private ownership of most handguns, as well as semi-automatic weapons, and required mandatory registration for shotgun owners. There have been no school shootings in the U.K since then."

No suprise when guns were made illegal in the UK after the school shooting in 1996, no more school shootings ever happened in the UK. I wonder why....

Advocating for guns is ridiculous....just idiotic.

Last edited:

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Personally i think police and military should have guns dont you?
I don't mind regular citizens owning a firearm if they passed all exams for it. That includes physical and mental, 2 week gun course with final exam.

And Automatic weapons are banned here, which is good. And the handgun I own is low calibre there to more so scare a person away rather than inflict damage.

Considering i work at a job where i am in daily contact with people that have committed crimes and are prone to do them again, on top of some threating me i think it is justified to own a single handgun.

That being said, getting automatic weapons like in US, or even high calibre weapons is absolutely ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed. Especially when they can get them without any check ups

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
I don't mind regular citizens owning a firearm if they passed all exams for it. That includes physical and mental, 2 week gun course with final exam.

And Automatic weapons are banned here, which is good. And the handgun I own is low calibre there to more so scare a person away rather than inflict damage.

Considering i work at a job where i am in daily contact with people that have committed crimes and are prone to do them again, on top of some threating me i think it is justified to own a single handgun.

That being said, getting automatic weapons like in US, or even high calibre weapons is absolutely ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed. Especially when they can get them without any check ups
yes that should be obvious

B

Ballel

regarding the mass school shooting

blaming the weapons for such abhorrence isn't the least pragmatic.

banning the weapons doesn't decimate the motivation and intentions

it'll just change the weapon of mass murder.
The main difference being that automatic assault rifles kill more people in a shorter timespan that knifes.