Gun debate thread

Do you support the 2nd Amendment?

• Total voters
:josad:

Is that even possible on this topic?

Very well, I’ll keep this as civil as I can: it is not my children’s fault that automatic weaponry helps insecure American men overcompensate for their tiny penises and/or other sexual shortcomings: no American citizen needs to own an automatic weapon. If you are pro second amendment, I would recommend coming to terms with your sexual inadequacies in a way that doesn’t result in children being slaughtered
:sweat:
well, your dick is smaller!

Me, personally, I will like to get rid of all guns which will make my country more safe similar to Korea, Japan, etc but in reality that won't happen so tighter gun control laws are the alternative.

Also, the argument being made that we need guns to fight off the government is ridiculous. This isn't 1700s, you aren't going to fight off the government with a 9mm when they have drones that will target your fodder citizen ass lol. Also, we have seen hundreds of times throughout history that massive PEACEFUL movements is what create changes. Did the civil rights movement have demonstrators go fight the government with guns? No, even though vast majority of citizens at the time despised the civil rights movement so they had every right to be violent but they kept organizing and kept engaging in peaceful movements and more and more people were influenced by that and eventually change came.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Here my repost from the other thread:
I'll be dead honest.
Had I been born and grown up in the US with a deep state corrupted insane cult government, a police force that could barge in my home at any given moment and restrain me for the small possibility I might carry 1 micro gram of drugs on my body and with a law such as the patriot act.....

fuck it, I'd have a fucking arsenal. I'd be some extreme prepper and build my guns with a fucking 3d printer in order to avoid having that serial number.
If the State decides to send a heavily armed and trained army to where you live, dafuq do you think a bunch of people are gonna do?
Dafuq is your glock gonna do when they drop bombs on your neighborhood?
This "I'm gonna get a gun to fight evil government" is the kind of argument that often get people killed.
An overly simplistic and fallacious fantasy of what would happen.

The problem with armed population is not some hypotetical future weird ass Evil Government scenario. The problem with armed population debate is how it affects the every day of the citizens.

"Bu-but the criminals have guns!".
Yes.
They are criminals.
:kaidowhat:

Idk about the cost of guns in the US, but, here in Brazil, they are quite expensive. It's illogical to think that, if guns are allowed, the "population" can acquire them, when most of them don't earn monthly enough to pay even for half of their costs. And that's not even taking into consideration the cost of living itself like bills, rent, food, etc.

Every country has its own reality. I can only talk about the reality from where I live because it's the one I have the most contact with and discuss more about.

Here, in Brazil, it would be a fucking disaster.
:kayneshrug:

well, that didn't work out in Tiananmen square :kayneshrug:
Not every peaceful movement is going to succeed. Actually, the vast majority of peaceful movements get squashed easier than a squashing a bug. But throughout history we have seen massive peaceful movements is the best tool to create change.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
If the State decides to send a heavily armed and trained army to where you live, dafuq do you think a bunch of people are gonna do?
This "I'm gonna get a gun to fight evil government" is the kind of argument that often get people killed.

The problem with armed population is not some hypotetical future weird ass Evil Government scenario. The problem with armed population debate is how it affects the every day of the citizens.

Yes.
They are criminals.

Idk about the cost of guns in the US, but, here in Brazil, they are quite expensive. It's illogical to think that, if guns are allowed, the "population" can acquire them, when most of them don't earn monthly enough to pay even for half of their costs. And that's not even taking into consideration the cost of living itself like bills, rent, food, etc.

Every country has its own reality. I can only talk about the reality from where I live because it's the one I have the most contact with and discuss more about.

AR15 means nothing against AC130

B

Ballel

Yes.
They are criminals.

I was trolling man.
You are absolutely right.

actually yes, the nation of islam and black panthers were heavily armed
That is irrelevant if they are armed. The changes that were made in the civil rights era wasn't because "the black panthers were heavily armed", instead it was because there were thousands of people on the streets peacefully engaging in changes.

Yes.
They are criminals.

bruh just look at all the civil wars in history, countries can't just wipe out their dissenters at will despite how advanced they are
Post automatically merged:

That is irrelevant if they are armed. The changes that were made in the civil rights era wasn't because "the black panthers were heavily armed", instead it was because there were thousands of people on the streets peacefully engaging in changes.
many argue radical groups like NOI and BP were a benefit to the civil rights movement

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
bruh just look at all the civil wars in history, countries can't just wipe out their dissenters at will despite how advanced they are
The problem is that we constantly have major technological warfare advances. It's exponential how fast military develops new weaponry.
Don't think that a "civil war" in 10 years would be the same as 50 years ago.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
The 2nd amendment is to act as a deterrent to corrupt governments
Ah yes, because the American Government is well-known for being extremely Uncorrupt. An institution of integrity and transparency, thanks to the fact that there are more guns in the US than there are people. No government corruption whatsoever thanks to the guns
:smart:

banning guns will soon turn America even more into China or North Korea
China is going to win the Cold War anyway lol. America is far, far, far, far, far too stupid to stop them. And besides, how many Chinese children get slaughtered in schools every year?

The problem is that we constantly have major technological warfare advances. It's exponential how fast military develops new weaponry.
Don't think that a "civil war" in 10 years would be the same as 50 years ago.
tbh im not really into the goverment evil argument, but to act like there's no merit to it is hilariously dumb seeing how many civil wars have broken out in the past decade or so