Manga Discussion Hajime No Ippo Discussion thread

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
I feel Ricardo will make Sendo retire and that will be Ippo's incentive to get back into the ring. Out of everyone is the verse Sendo is by far the most reckless. This will be it for him

Ricardo was great. Really menacing with those last few panels of the fight. Wally did good but man was that end satisfying. Sendo will likely put up a better fight and push Ricardo further but I expect Ippo to be the one to actually beat him. Like Ricardo mentioned earlier, it's as if the world revolves around Ippo, from a former opponent increasing in the ranks facing Ricardo to another former opponent of Ippo's soon to do the same. Ippo will be the one to finally take out Ricardo. Perhaps we'll get Ippo vs Miyata before Ricardo to let him let lose and settle what's had decades of build-up finally. Plus with Ricardo so involved, I feel like Morikawa isn't as reserved about having the series really progess so I'd expect Ippo vs Miyata to not be further post-poned for reasons.

Ricardo Martinez, The Omega and end, in contrast to Wally showing off as the Alpha and beginning. I enjoyed it honestly and I hope Sendo vs Ricardo is even better. I haven't been enjoying Sendo as much as of late, including the Gonzalez fight but hopefully this match-up changes my mind. I know he'll impress.

The fight was cool, I did not expect it to last that much tho, Wally showed us that Riccardo can be hit consecutively and Sendo will make Riccardo use his wild mode, then Ippo will seal the deal.
First part of the fight was a bit weird but it was dope when they starter exchanging punches
I feel Ricardo will make Sendo retire and that will be Ippo's incentive to get back into the ring. Out of everyone is the verse Sendo is by far the most reckless. This will be it for him
I don't think Sendo will retire, he has a strong will and he likes boxing

I'm thinking Ippo will be nostalgic with a hint of jealousy while watching his old friends and rivals make it higher in world. He will probably be in the process of trying to come back into the world of boxing, with the sendo fight being the last trigger.
I've seen theories about his coach dying or close to death, and that would motivate him to make a comeback

I'm with Takamura, don't expect anything from Ippo, he's gone. Enjoy Hajime no Sendo.

Ippo is still light years away from becoming a man.

I see that Kamogawa is a bad trainer, he only serves to develop his fighters physically. Ippo is limited because Kamogawa only trains him in the same thing. Any decent coach would have corrected Ippo's deficiency of left and game sense, as well as increasing his repertoire. We could have seen Ippo with the WBA belt a long time ago.

In Takamura's fights you see Kamogawa's limitation, Takamura solves it alone.

Last edited:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Throwing a comment here because of the latest chapter (1434)|

LMAO IPPO IS A SAVAGE. MFER IS AFRAID TO ACTUALLY HURT MASHIBA BECAUSE HE CAN'T CONTROL THE SPEED OF HIS NEW MOVES THAT WELL. IF VOLG WAS ALREADY PISSED AFTER HIS SPARRING, IMAGINE MASHIBA. RIP ROSARIO.

Throwing a comment here because of the latest chapter (1434)|

LMAO IPPO IS A SAVAGE. MFER IS AFRAID TO ACTUALLY HURT MASHIBA BECAUSE HE CAN'T CONTROL THE SPEED OF HIS NEW MOVES THAT WELL. IF VOLG WAS ALREADY PISSED AFTER HIS SPARRING, IMAGINE MASHIBA. RIP ROSARIO.
Ok so ippo is back fighting? I might catch up on the manga
Post automatically merged:

Retired Ippo packing world ranked champions like it's nothing. The comeback about to be glorious :steef:
I hope they give him an opponentvthat shows how good he is. Instead of giving him a 540 slug fest that leaves him looking like Martin after Tommy hearts

Doggo

Ok so ippo is back fighting? I might catch up on the manga
No. He's just having a few sparrings. One was against Volg before his title defense match, and now he's gonna spar againt Mashiba, who's about to go for his own world title match, and is also on a different weight class. But Ippo pretty much trained how to shift his stance and fight like a southpaw in order to help Mashiba.
Ippo's transformation into Mike Tyson is pretty much complete if he pulls it off.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
I NEED Ippo vs Ricardo.

NEEEEEEEEED.
Morikawa said he's still 50% done with the manga. See you in 2060 :suresure:
I hope they give him an opponentvthat shows how good he is. Instead of giving him a 540 slug fest that leaves him looking like Martin after Tommy hearts
Well, not to spoil you, but he's not totally "back" yet. He's sparing with Volg, Mashiba, etc.. And they're world champs/rankers now.

Doggo

Morikawa said he's still 50% done with the manga. See you in 2060 :suresure:

Well, not to spoil you, but he's not totally "back" yet. He's sparing with Volg, Mashiba, etc.. And they're world champs/rankers now.
Unless this fucker discovers immortality, at one point he's gonna stop stalling.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Unless this fucker discovers immortality, at one point he's gonna stop stalling.
I always LOL when I see OP fans complaining about pacing. Imagine if these same mofos read 10 chapters 14 pages each of Ippo fishing, running, and watching film :kobeha:

5-6 years ago I was really worried about never reading Ippo, OP, Jojo and Detective Conan endings. Now I've made peace with the fact I'll probably never get to see my childhood manga completed. It sucks, but look at Bastard, Berserk, HxH, etc...

Doggo

I always LOL when I see OP fans complaining about pacing. Imagine if these same mofos read 10 chapters 14 pages each of Ippo fishing, running, and watching film :kobeha:

5-6 years ago I was really worried about never reading Ippo, OP, Jojo and Detective Conan endings. Now I've made peace with the fact I'll probably never get to see my childhood manga completed. It sucks, but look at Bastard, Berserk, HxH, etc...
I can always go back and watch Ippo vs Sendo for Champion title again and again and would be satisfied.
:yearight: