Manga Discussion Hajime No Ippo Discussion thread

I knew he was scraping the bottom of the barrel when Woli came back :suresure:

I guess we'll see. I think the retirement arc has been refreshing, even if in typical Ippo fashion it's taking 4ever.
It certainly is. It is nice seeing Ippo realizing mistakes of the past and it gets you hypedd about his comeback.
I think also that he needs something more other than seeing others from outside,but I don't know if Morikawa will satisfy me(I don't know what it is tbh,just a feeling).

Yet at the same we are almost 200 in from his retirement. 1/7 of the series. Morikawa might have not calibrated it too much for my taste. Slow pace with as much detail as Morikawa puts, isn't off putting for me,but there is a limit you know?

He might overdo it tbh,like the Wally fight that it was too big. I think it might have been the only moment in the series I felt" When is this shit fight going to end?" It felt like centuries,and I was binging at that point . Can't understand how others who were reading it when it got released felt.

Akai2

πŸ†‰πŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…Ύ πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΎπŸ…Ύ πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…Ί!
β€Ž
It certainly is. It is nice seeing Ippo realizing mistakes of the past and it gets you hypedd about his comeback.
I think also that he needs something more other than seeing others from outside,but I don't know if Morikawa will satisfy me(I don't know what it is tbh,just a feeling).

Yet at the same we are almost 200 in from his retirement. 1/7 of the series. Morikawa might have not calibrated it too much for my taste. Slow pace with as much detail as Morikawa puts, isn't off putting for me,but there is a limit you know?

He might overdo it tbh,like the Wally fight that it was too big. I think it might have been the only moment in the series I felt" When is this shit fight going to end?" It felt like centuries,and I was binging at that point . Can't understand how others who were reading it when it got released felt.
The slow burn pace is one of the main reasons I enjoy Ippo. It grounds the world and characters. People don’t just encounter these amazingly exciting things everyday. Experiencing he mundane day to day developments with the cast is satisfying in its own way. And fights aren’t just highlights, etcc

But I agree it gets over done. At the end of the day, it’s a manga and the plot needs to move forward.

I was caught up by the Woli fight, and why do you think he’s such a meme :suresure: The fight ran for almost a year if I remember and it was so wacky and ridiculous no one took it seriously. The fandom just memed it lol

so the retirement thing still isnt done, man thats depressing. havent read Ippo since he got back from that whole trip to Mexico.
Decided i wasnt catching up till Ippo came out of retirement.

Sure the slow burn and grounded world is great but Ippo has had at least 3 chances to cross that Line Takamura drew to enter the world of the champions and he's ignored them all, once sure, twice ok your pushing it but 3 and your just dragging it out now.

Akai2

β€Ž
so the retirement thing still isnt done, man thats depressing. havent read Ippo since he got back from that whole trip to Mexico.
Decided i wasnt catching up till Ippo came out of retirement.

Sure the slow burn and grounded world is great but Ippo has had at least 3 chances to cross that Line Takamura drew to enter the world of the champions and he's ignored them all, once sure, twice ok your pushing it but 3 and your just dragging it out now.
Totally understandable.

Akai2

β€Ž
Just finished the anime a few weeks ago, do I binge the manga?:saden:
Did you enjoy it?

If yes, then of course!

Due to medium constraints, the manga can't compete with the anime's quality, but it's still a great read if you're hooked on the characters' journey.

That tease man: https://hni-scantrad.com/lel/read/hajime-no-ippo/en-us/135/1381/page/1

Just what kind of monster did Ippo become ?? :myman:
Post automatically merged:

Damn the hype is insane: https://hni-scantrad.com/lel/read/hajime-no-ippo/en-us/135/1385/page/1

Looks like even a world champion like Volg was cornered if Sendo didn't intervene :owo:
I just read it, it was hype indeed. Ippo has become a monster
And that Dempsey roll :steef:
But unfortunately now we're going for another 100 chapters of teasing :josad:

Wally is a true bro, he went down knowing he was gonna get beat showing Sendo the holes in his techniques and what is required to fight someone like Martinez.

Can't wait for Sendo to step up.

:steef::steef:
Yes Sendo is going to put on an even better fight. I don't know if he can win though and I don't want to see a third fight between him and Ippo. Unless he beats Ricardo and Miyata makes a comeback and beats Sendo, then we have Ippo vs Miyata.
But tbh I want Ippo to be the one to defeat Ricardo