Manga Discussion Hajime No Ippo Discussion thread

I recommend you read the new chapter and delete this comment :gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
No backsies:kata:,also Keith mostly uses it for Jabs :yasu:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope taka-kun doesn't start praying,doesn't fit his character imo. At least not do it in front of Ippo,since the man will do whatever it takes to give the old man the 6 belts.
Post automatically merged:

How crucial will be Takamura's inability to see this time ? Will they realise it finally?:memehm:

Last edited:

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Chapter 1329 is out here

Beautiful chapter. Takamura is most likely praying for his eye to hold up.

The scene with Ippo was heavy too. Ippo didn't hesitate that his Mother is more valuable than boxing, Takamura believes that to become a monster nothing should be more valuable than boxing. It's almost as if he lost hope in Ippo's comeback. He's gotta get the old man to the Tokyo Dome before his eye gives out.

Bogard

You can't win
This tease man

:josad:

Also loving the fact Takamura is basically indirectly acknowledging Ippo's natural boxing talent, and viewing him as the only boxer(outside of himself) who could make the old man proud

As for the reason why Takamura is praying, i could see 2 things. Either it could be his eye, or it could be related to the old man

I also like the fact that Takamura acknowledges Kei's as a strong opponent, who is just hiding his strength. Makes it better build-up than just thinking he is an opponent entirely relying on luck, so looks like the truth is he never really showed his true potential, which i assume will happen during the battle

Takamura's prayer seems to be directed towards his trainer, I mean he just asked Ippo what he valued more than boxing and then said that he will have to achieve that "special thing" by himself.
The old man won't last long and will probably be the reason why Ippo will start boxing again.
Takamura is going to demolish his opponent by the way.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
This chapter seem to suggest more the eye theory. Kei randomly pointing out the fact he has "good eyes" might suggest he noticed something was off with his eye, although it could be red herring
Red herring or not, George is intentionally teasing the eye subplot. Which excites me, because this could go any direction. It could be a long drawn out fight (which I expect it to be). On the other hand, he can subvert the set up and have Takamura just demolish Keith.

Either way, I think the set up has succeeded in getting me invested in the stakes of the fight.

Bogard

You can't win
Red herring or not, George is intentionally teasing the eye subplot. Which excites me, because this could go any direction. It could be a long drawn out fight (which I expect it to be). On the other hand, he can subvert the set up and have Takamura just demolish Keith.

Either way, I think the set up has succeeded in getting me invested in the stakes of the fight.
Yes me too, i was worried about the luck theme around Keith at first, but the latest chapters not only suggest that Keith is simply hiding his strength behind the luck theme, but Takamura himself isn't sure of what would happen regardless of his strength(whether it being the eye or something else), so i'm very excited to see how it'd go

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
@Akai2

Give me your sales pitch on why i should watch Ippo.
I hate giving recommendations

Tastes vary greatly, so I don't like selling people on a series based on my likes when they don't align with theirs.

I'll just say Ippo is one of the most inspirational series you could ever read. Boxing is the setting, but overcoming life obstacles is the theme. Great comedy, heartfelt moments, cast, and badass fights.

Also it has an amazing anime adaptation. It takes the manga's emotional and epic moments to a whole new level. I recommend giving the first season a shot and seeing if you like it. If you're hooked, we'll give you the blueprint on how to switch over to the manga :sadgrin:

I hate giving recommendations

Tastes vary greatly, so I don't like selling people on a series based on my likes when they don't align with theirs.

I'll just say Ippo is one of the most inspirational series you could ever read. Boxing is the setting, but overcoming life obstacles is the theme. Great comedy, heartfelt moments, cast, and badass fights.

Also it has an amazing anime adaptation. It takes the manga's emotional and epic moments to a whole new level. I recommend giving the first season a shot and seeing if you like it. If you're hooked, we'll give you the blueprint on how to switch over to the manga :sadgrin:
I got till Takamura's first match in which he one hit that dude, but so far it seemed to be a bit slow on the uptake, i do know its great.

But i just needed that little push to watch it.

Thanks bb.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
I got till Takamura's first match in which he one hit that dude, but so far it seemed to be a bit slow on the uptake, i do know its great.

But i just needed that little push to watch it.

Thanks bb.
I love long term stories that spend hundreds of chapters on the minute every day happenings and thought process of these fighters. Ippo is a slow burner (and OP for that matter), you sometimes get multiple chapters on just a fighter's struggle cutting weight for the fight or breaking down his opponent's fight film, etc..

I love that long term slower story style (as you can tell by me being an Ippo and OP fan lol)
Post automatically merged:

1332 is out here

This Cliffhanger :josad:

Last edited: