Manga Discussion Hajime No Ippo Discussion thread

Thanks lol

This is the best part of this chapter to me, it feels so damn emotional and inspirational. I don't remember something so meaningful from the times of Rocky Balboa:

If he had a supportive girlfriend he would be in the ring already. Everybody around him wants to see him in the ring again but they respect his decision to respect his girlfriend's decision.
Dude is suffering from not fighting in the ring anymore, it's so obvious.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
If he had a supportive girlfriend he would be in the ring already. Everybody around him wants to see him in the ring again but they respect his decision to respect his girlfriend's decision.
Dude is suffering from not fighting in the ring anymore, it's so obvious.
I've been saying this for months. The next step is having a tough conversation with Kumi. A relationship's gotta be built on open lines of communication and trust.
Last week, I noted how Sendo was being set up for a "Even if I lost the match, I got stronger" moral victory. However, the way it was further emphasized during this chapter makes me think it's a red herring. Add to that Ippo clearly being inspired and moved by watching the man who retired him, and one of his top rivals fight at a world class level.

I believe if Sendo wins this fight, then Ipoo's, the only man to ever beat him, desire to come back will be far greater than any other considerations. He needs to have the tough conversation with Kumi, it needs to happen.

Also, on the actual fight, it's going at a great pace. Alf and Sendo have perfect matching styles to keep this going at this pace. I don't believe it'll be over soon, I honestly think it's still getting started.

Also gotta make note of how cool Ricardo is, his aura is that of an undefeated king! Man's unshakable.

Not exactly the way I'd deal with an overprotective girlfriend :usoprice:
She's letting her feelings about boxing from watching her brother cloud her judgment a little bit. And Ippo is a non-confrontational dude so he doesn't push back. They need to have the conversation about his return, her feelings are coming from a place of love definitely, but she needs to see Boxing's worth in Ippo's life from his perspective.
Post automatically merged:

Exactly, that's the reason I asked if this subplot was gonna comeback. Young romantic attachment changes on a whim, so he might have moved on by now.

If it comes to him leaving out of jealousy it'd be a really heavy arc, but I like those drama storylines.

I've been saying this for months. The next step is having a tough conversation with Kumi. A relationship's gotta be built on open lines of communication and trust.
The equation is simple. In order for her to be happy Ippo has to be unhappy and give up his ambitions and dreams. This is not a healthy and two way relationship.
And like you say Ippo is too much of nice guy to adress the situation.
I'm sure she meant to do good but she definitely should understand what boxing means for Ippo.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Chapter 1321 is out

Taka🐐 is the only character that could go from being a leader by example and a world class fighter to being thrown out naked in the middle of the street in the same chapter. And both are perfectly in line with his character :gokulaugh:

Also the "lady fortune" arc is getting teased heavy. I'll never think Takamura is going to lose, but George is obviously trying to build up that case. Will his eye be dealt with in this fight?

yj

👑YNWA 👑
Chapter 1321 is out

Taka🐐 is the only character that could go from being a leader by example and a world class fighter to being thrown out naked in the middle of the street in the same chapter. And both are perfectly in line with his character

I was dead one minute he was serious next he was randomly climbing a pole to get shit on by a bird. he’s really the whole package bro. he better never change

Also the "lady fortune" arc is getting teased heavy. I'll never think Takamura is going to lose, but George is obviously trying to build up that case. Will his eye be dealt with in this fight?
every one of the world champions he faced has that one thing they thought or had over takamura. like wise dragon has “luck“ but that just means the almighty takamura will flip the luck to his side. but what makes you think morikawa will build that plot line? That wouldn’t fall in line with takamura character whether it be a busted eye or whatever. Takamura will always be the undisputed champion that’s never going to lose. Thats who he is. You worrying for nothing akai his eye is fine its a hoax 🧑🏿‍🦯

Last edited:

yj

👑YNWA 👑
Gas chapter as always its time but I do wonder if all this talk about luck, god and whatever will play similarity like the ippo vs Jimmy sisfer fight. It gets you thinking. Can’t wait for takamura to do it again and show Keith you don’t need luck when ur the perfect blend of hard work and talent.

Bogard

You can't win
It's pretty clear the direction is heading for Takamura to teach him a lesson that luck is not enough to win. With that said, i'm curious about Miyata's expression when talked about his right, as well the supposedly overlooked thing about him, more than simple luck. I hope there is more to him than luck actually, otherwise he'd turn out to be a boring opponent