General & Others Has Oda gone Overboard with the bounties.

it is not only about destruction, but about the danger for the government and the danger for the civil population. While Big Mum seems tonconquer islands and rule them by getting paid by them, kaido and his crew more seems like raging around, destroying and killing. So people Are way more scared of having Queen around then Katakuri. If you don’t try to fight katakuri, you are Pretty save there, with Queen around, you are f***ed. He is known for his weapons and toxic and stuff. In my understanding, this is the reason.
We saw queen in udon and he is a pretty chill guy unlike jack who wanted all the minks dead in zou,i doubt queen would have done that.
Sure he has deadly weapons but he is a pretty reasonable guy who will not need to kill every person if his task doesn't demand it..
If katakuri was sent to retrieve raizo in zou and to kill all of them if they oppose him,do you think he will be leaving them alive? The guy killed those chefs during his merienda just because they saw his true appearance.
What i'm saying is that both queen and kata are guys who do all to accomplish their task and from what we know of queen,he is not nearly as violent and radical as jack despite having deadly weapons of his own.
The general public can see queen as a more of a threat causing the wg to put a higher bounty but the gap can never be that much just because of that,the strength factor must also factor in and i'm sure he can give kata a very good fight maybe even extreme diff using his disease weapon.

I think with the introduction of Jack, the bounties had became ridiculously high, it seems that Oda is just throwing numbers with empty hype.

I mean Luffy defeated 3 Warlords ( 1 of them is a former CD ) destroyed Enies Lobby and his bounty was just 500. Then he defeat 2 commanders and “tries” to assassinate BM and his bounty rise to 1.5 Bill.

I think it would be better if the Yonko bounties ranged from 700-900 mill while Roger and Dragon around 1 bill.

what do you guys think?
Simply put: No.

You don't get a high bounty, if you haven't done shit in the New World. Easy as that.

The big guns having those high numbers is totally justified. Luffy really caused some chaos in the first half of the grandline and deservedly got a 300 million bounty. Yet he was still absolute fodder compared to guys like Katakuri, Jack etc. (I won't even start thinking about the Yonkou themselves). Therefore there bounty being around 1 billion totally makes sense.

Queen having a higher bounty than Katakuri despite being weaker makes a complete sense when you think about that he makes mechanical weapons and infectious diseases for the beast pirates... in fact I think his bounty is too low for that kind of crap.

I guess im one of the few who is ok with it. 1 dollar in the real world is worth 110 yen. The currency in One Piece is just crazy high like in Japan. Luffy challenging Big Mom in her own turf, defeating Katakuri and walking away like nothing is a big deal. Plus Morgans hyped it up which is why it shot up so high.

I think the part where Oda messed up with bounties is making them significantly higher for Beast Pirates commanders compared Big Mom's commanders.
Katakuri and Jack having the same bounty...
Queen having 1.3B+... King possibly above 1.5Bil... He better explains why those are so much higher than Katakuri's.
Katakuri is a nobody. Not even worth putting his defeat in the newspaper he’s irrelevant just was made to give luffy a powerup . Calamities are stronger and more relevant

Oda gave his justification for this. He said the world government doesn't know exactly how strong each person is so their bounties are tied to their captains. Which makes sense, but as a hype tool it's moot.

Yet he was still absolute fodder compared to guys like Katakuri, Jack etc.
Maybe to Katakuri, but Jack? Lmfao. Luffy beat Crocodile and Enel without Gear 2/Gear 3 who are solidly stronger than Jack. Crocodile outshone every freaking Whitebeard commander on Marineford. He did better against Akainu than Marco & Vista combined. Not to mention he made Blackbeard scream in pain with 1 basic hit who was > Jack too.

300 mill is fine for lower Veteran level like Daifuku, Oven, which I believe MF Luffy was close to. It's just the gap from that, to giving Perospero 700 million was the dumb part.

The "real" bounties should have been something like 300 million for Daifuku, Oven, 400 million for Perospero, 500 million for Cracker/Smoothie/Jack/Queen, 600 million for King, 700 million for Katakuri.

Katakuri is a nobody. Not even worth putting his defeat in the newspaper he’s irrelevant just was made to give luffy a powerup . Calamities are stronger and more relevant
That "nobody" was given Conqueror's Haki which only the Pirate King's right hand has been given so far and has been undefeated throughout his pirating career.

Last edited:
Oda gave his justification for this. He said the world government doesn't know exactly how strong each person is so their bounties are tied to their captains. Which makes sense, but as a hype tool it's moot.

Maybe to Katakuri, but Jack? Lmfao. Luffy beat Crocodile and Enel without Gear 2/Gear 3 who are solidly stronger than Jack. Crocodile outshone every freaking Whitebeard commander on Marineford. He did better against Akainu than Marco & Vista combined. Not to mention he made Blackbeard scream in pain with 1 basic hit who was > Jack too.

300 mill is fine for lower Veteran level like Daifuku, Oven, which I believe MF Luffy was close to. It's just the gap from that, to giving Perospero 700 million was the dumb part.

The "real" bounties should have been something like 300 million for Daifuku, Oven, 400 million for Perospero, 500 million for Cracker/Smoothie/Jack/Queen, 600 million for King, 700 million for Katakuri.

That "nobody" was given Conqueror's Haki which only the Pirate King's right hand has been given so far and has been undefeated throughout his pirating career.
Undefeated just means he never fought a top tier

I can't explain how massively threatening Kuma was when i first read Thriller Bark. despite his 296 million bounty, Oda established him as some unbreakable mountain. the feeling i got from seeing pre TS bounties was way better than now. it's just numbers for me now which barely indicate the true threat of the characters.

Katakuri is a nobody? You do realize that he's one of the most popular characters in One Piece now, hyped up with having future sight, was stated to be undefeated, and has CoC. His defeat along with Cracker's defeat were both mentioned in the newspaper, and who says he won't be relevant again? Are you Oda or his editors? No? Then don't spout head-canon bs acting like you know what's going to happen in the future of the story, nothing was stated about the Calamities being stronger or more relevant than Katakuri other than your head-canon.

Undefeated just means he never fought a top tier
No it doesn't undefeated can either mean he never lost or it ended up being a draw with neither side being defeated, imo I don't think Katakuri has fought with any Admirals and even if he did it was probably more of a clash than an actual fight.

Lmfao. Yonkos dont fight. They havent seen each other in decades. It means kata hasnt fought anyone as strong as wci luffy. Hes the weakest yc1 barely above jack despite having 20 years on him. The ultimate scrub.
Yonko's don't fight but their subordinates still head out to sea to cause piracy, Katakuri doesn't stay in Totto Land all the time he does leave from time to time. Who's to say that he didn't fought or clash with other Yonko Commanders at sea, no he isn't the weakest Yc1 that's just your bias hatred towards him speaking. Barely above Jack? Oh you mean bounty wise you should know that bounty doesn't always mean power level, the ultimate scrub yep this where I stop taking your comment seriously.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Katakuri is a nobody? You do realize that he's one of the most popular characters in One Piece, hyped up with having future sight, was stated to be undefeated, and has CoC. His defeat along with Cracker's defeat were both mentioned in the newspaper, and who says he won't be relevant again? Are you Oda or his editors? No? Then don't spout head-canon bs acting like you know what's going to happen in the future of the story, nothing was stated about the Calamities being stronger or more relevant than Katakuri other than your head-canon.

No it doesn't undefeated can either mean he never lost or it ended up being a draw with neither side being defeated, imo I don't think Katakuri has fought with any Admirals and even if he did it was probably more of a clash than an actual fight.

Yonko's don't fight but their subordinates still head out to sea to cause piracy, Katakuri doesn't stay in Totto Land all the time he does leave from time to time. Who's to say that he didn't fought or clash with other Yonko Commanders at sea, no he isn't the weakest Yc1 that's just your bias hatred towards him speaking. Barely above Jack? Oh you mean bounty wise you should know that bounty doesn't always mean power level, the ultimate scrub yep this where I stop taking your comment seriously.
Bar the worst generation who are making waves and the warlords for obvious reasons the bounties of the rest are set and wont change as they are to fall to the new gen.
The fact despite a 20 year age gap hes barely above jack and far below queen speaks volumes. Hes a scrub.