General & Others Has Oda gone Overboard with the bounties.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Chinjao>Rox.
Garp said he trained by destroying eight mountains, in preparation for the fight. And that was after Rox.
Chinjao was a high tier at best. Chinjao vs Garp was a battle of pride as Garp failed to smash Chinjao's head in the past. Garp trained to do just that. Chinjao's CQC ability was on par with G2 Luffy, but his AP with the drillhead was far above anything G3 Luffy could dish out. Didnt stop Luffy from dodging and punching Chinjao in the gut.

Something similar was happened with Zoro and Kaku...Zoro apparantly had enough AP to one shot Kaku, but one of the reasons the fight was so difficult for Zoro was because Zoro kept trying to cut Kaku's neck due to pride.

The system makes complete sense, but issue is in the implementation. Because we don't have a specific value on "threat Level" because of how subjective it is. How many casualties caused by Kidd are equal to Luffy destroying Enies Lobby and declaring war on the WG?
Its completely unknown and only a representation of the type of crimes each person has committed. It's only a danger level for the WG.

What the fuck lmfao.... Jinbe was 250 million frozen, and he did 10x better than Queen against Big Mom. Moriah was 320 million and he fought toe to toe with Kaido, even though Kaido killed his crew. Not to mention Hancock and Crocodile.
Crocodile and Moria ran back to paradise. No matter how strong they are. It would be like Kidd fleeing Wano and returning to paradise. There is only so much he would be able to do to increase his 470 million berry bounty, even though Kidd is probably much stronger than his bounty suggests right now but he is a young pirate. Crocodile and Moria grew weaker when the returned to paradise. You gotta take in to account inflation in Crocodiles case too.

Hancock got a bounty and become a warlord in her first year of piracy. The distance she travelled as a rookie pirate was probably a lot shorter than the average pirate since she is from a grandline island. So her low bounty is very understandable.

Jinbei wasn't even the Capatin of his crew the majority of his time as an active pirate and then his bounty was frozen.

Jack was the first truley strong active pirate that was introduced. His bounty is not shocking.

S

stealthblack

He did go overboard with trash tier Like jack and Queen having bilions, but not with Roger and wb.

I dont understand the confusion......

Aokiji said bounties not only reflects the threat of your combat abilities, but how dangerous they are to the government. Luffy had a 300M bounty for demolishing one of the 3 primary establishments of the WG and for beating Rob Lucci, but he was still deemed less of a threat to Kidd who got a 315M bounty for the enor amount of civilian casualties in his wake.

The BMP were seen destroying kingdoms for goods which is standard pirate business. Beast Pirates on the other hand loves destruction and likes to torture their victims, sometimes for entertainment. For that reason alone the Beast Pirates are more dangerous than the BMP.
You ask why the confusion and then continue to state the reason behind it

Not even close. Oda just needs to think less bad-ass, more weird-ass. Havent seen anyone worth just a single berry. What about a 'Dead Only' bounty. Anyone whose 777?

I mean Luffy defeated 3 Warlords ( 1 of them is a former CD )
2 of those were covered up by the WG so they don't count.
Then he defeat 2 commanders and “tries” to assassinate BM and his bounty rise to 1.5 Bill.
BM pirates are one most powerfull forces in the world , who rules over a territory of 34 and some how the SH got into the main island and defeated 2 of their strongest members and nearly assassinate BM is a huge feat, who are treated like a gaint threat too the World by the WG maybe to big of a risk to start a war with.

BM pirates are one most powerfull forces in the world , who rules over a territory of 34 and some how the SH got into the main island and defeated 2 of their strongest members and nearly assassinate BM is a huge feat, who are treated like a gaint threat too the World by the WG maybe to big of a risk to start a war with.
Luffy still gets the bounty increase for it.

Luffy still got the bounty increase for them, and he already declared war against the WG by burning their flag.

No I don*t think so, in the hight bountys there are much influence the pirtaes have with this bounty. On the GL we see just a pirategroup with a few pirates on one ships. In NW we see massive pirategroups with 10000 pirate or more , they rules islands and more . So the bounty is really needed

This is really one of the weakest things to attack post timeskip on lol. Because the bounties didnt live up to your headcanon or dont interest you makes them bad somehow.....cope:tchpepe:

Queens bounty is higher because kaidos crew is way more violent and way more destroying everywhere they go. BM conquer and keep, katakuri so far is not known for being a mass murder. Queen on the other Hand is even called a Desaster.
Can destruction alone warrant a near 300mil difference in bounty ? I doubt that ...
Queen also wasn't shown so far to be more destructive than katakuri and he being called disaster is just the name chosen for their group by the general public or kaido.
I'm not saying Queen is stronger than katakuri but i think he is very close as up to this point,we have never seen a single person having that much of a difference in bounty with someone higher ranking in a rival crew just because of destruction (and from what we have seen jack is way more destructive than Queen,he doesn't mess around like Queen)
I'm waiting for king's bounty,if the guy has a higher bounty than Luffy,then for me it is pretty clear he is stronger than katakuri because destruction alone can't warrant you that huge of a difference with your yc1 counterpart.
Nb:it is even interesting to note that king was calling Luffy and kid brats when talking to Queen in their introduction (chapter 925) despite knowing Luffy defeated 2 sc frim big mom pirates(including kata) and knowing luffy's bounty.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Can destruction alone warrant a near 300mil difference in bounty ? I doubt that ...
Queen also wasn't shown so far to be more destructive than katakuri and he being called disaster is just the name chosen for their group by the general public or kaido.
I'm not saying Queen is stronger than katakuri but i think he is very close as up to this point,we have never seen a single person having that much of a difference in bounty with someone higher ranking in a rival crew just because of destruction (and from what we have seen jack is way more destructive than Queen,he doesn't mess around like Queen)
I'm waiting for king's bounty,if the guy has a higher bounty than Luffy,then for me it is pretty clear he is stronger than katakuri because destruction alone can't warrant you that huge of a difference with your yc1 counterpart.
Nb:it is even interesting to note that king was calling Luffy and kid brats when talking to Queen in their introduction (chapter 925) despite knowing Luffy defeated 2 sc frim big mom pirates(including kata) and knowing luffy's bounty.
it is not only about destruction, but about the danger for the government and the danger for the civil population. While Big Mum seems tonconquer islands and rule them by getting paid by them, kaido and his crew more seems like raging around, destroying and killing. So people Are way more scared of having Queen around then Katakuri. If you don’t try to fight katakuri, you are Pretty save there, with Queen around, you are f***ed. He is known for his weapons and toxic and stuff. In my understanding, this is the reason.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Queens bounty is higher because kaidos crew is way more violent and way more destroying everywhere they go. BM conquer and keep, katakuri so far is not known for being a mass murder. Queen on the other Hand is even called a Desaster.
Memes crew were introduced leaving places destroyed