Current Events Has Zoro Surpassed Mihawk?

How Close Is He To Mihawk

• Total voters
11 hours with Meriendas & Breaks? Sure.
Realistically, Luffy was dead to rights if Brulee didn't save his ass after he exhausted himself with G4 and you know it.

Was it said anywhere in any source material that Zoro can only sustain KoH for about a minute?

True, KoH is too timelimited to legitimately rival Top Tiers but he'd definitely do better than what Mr. 11 hours did against (Base) Kaido. In fact, he already did so on the Rooftop.
Kinnemon did better too than no ryo, no fs luffy vs kaido

That's not something to be proud of when zoro can't last long vs a casual top tier

Last edited by a moderator:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Yep, Luffy burned through his Hak, and needed a break to replenish it. Had he not burned through his haki, he would have continued the fight with no problems. Circumstances is what lead to that.
So we agree that circumstances are a legitimate cause in Luffy's case but why not in Zoro's case? Especially when he's been fighting all night and using up his Haki both before & on the Rooftop? Alright.

It was roughly a minute, give or take between when Zoro said he needed to finish the fight asap or he would die, and the time he finished the fight.
And how does that imply that Zoro cannot go on using KoH longer than what he needed to beat King?
We've got explicit confirmation that he fainted after the fight due to the Mink Medicine setting in and not due to a side effect of using KoH.

Again, circumstances. Luffy went into that first encounter in a fit of rage, without knowing the nature of Kaido's abilities, and the fact that his attacks were useless. That pertains to Kaido,amd Kaido alone.
I don't disagree. But it's portrayal nonetheless. In fact, I would even argue that Luffy couldn't use Future Sight (the PU that helped him beat a YC1) in that instance due to him being in a fit of rage, like you said.

But you aren't being fair in scaling Zoro.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
And how would a non CoC using Zoro fare against a clash against a Thunder Bagua? Being able to harm someone means nothing when you're going up against attacks beyond your means.
The same way he did in canon. Luffy didn't fare any better than Zoro before CoC either. So I don't see why we're acting like current Zoro is pre-Udon Luffy level or something. Oh, and Luffy was not eating TBs left and right even when he was able to fight Kaido on equal footing. He was avoiding them whenever he can. Being able to hurt your opponent is the most important factor in a fight. Of course, Zoro would lose to Kaido regardless of whether he has CoC or not. That doesn't mean he's going to be useless though.
Post automatically merged:

Kinnemon did better too than no ryo, no fs luffy vs kaido

That's not something to be proud of when zoro can't last long vs a casual top tier
The difference b/w Kin'emon and Zoro is that Kin'emon had the better tools to hurt Kaido than pre-Udon Luffy while it's the opposite for Luffy and Zoro. Luffy has the more advanced Haki, but it was Zoro that was hurting Kaido better.

The same way he did in canon. Luffy didn't fare any better than Zoro before CoC either. So I don't see why we're acting like current Zoro is pre-Udon Luffy level or something. Oh, and Luffy was not eating TBs left and right even when he was able to fight Kaido on equal footing. He was avoiding them whenever he can. Being able to hurt your opponent is the most important factor in a fight. Of course, Zoro would lose to Kaido regardless of whether he has CoC or not. That doesn't mean he's going to be useless though.

The difference b/w Kin'emon and Zoro is that Kin'emon had the better tools to hurt Kaido than pre-Udon Luffy while it's the opposite for Luffy and Zoro. Luffy has the more advanced Haki, but it was Zoro that was hurting Kaido better.
When I say "useless" I mean in the grand scheme of a fight against a top tier, who would undoubtedly be able to withstand the time limit on King of Hell.

If Mihawk has AdCoC, which I see no reason he shouldn't, then current Zoro is only lasting as long as King of Hell can last. In a World where equals fight for days on end, that means Zoro still has a ways to go before he is on Mihawks level.

"Kinnemon had better tools"
"Zoro did better "

Forgetting Zoro has enma which counters kaido hard

Even then zoro didn't do better
That's why he was never hyped by kaiso
Kaido started seeing 5 top pirates when he got hurt by ryuo Luffy while he gave Zoro a kid approval "enough now, go sleep"
It's luffy who had Kaido out cold with ryuo g4 while ashura zoro couldn't do that ...hell, even Killer had kaido out cold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
When I say "useless" I mean in the grand scheme of a fight against a top tier, who would undoubtedly be able to withstand the time limit on King of Hell.

If Mihawk has AdCoC, which I see no reason he shouldn't, then current Zoro is only lasting as long as King of Hell can last. In a World where equals fight for days on end, that means Zoro still has a ways to go before he is on Mihawks level.
Obviously, Zoro is not yet a top-tier but he should be able to hold his own against most if not all top-tiers at this point. You need power more than anything else to fight off top tiers. And that's one area where Zoro is definitely not lacking. He was threatening Kaido and Big Mom even before CoC. He wasn't all that different from Luffy during Rooftop, and Luffy went on to match Kaido blow for blow even in the base as soon as he learned to coat his attacks in CoC.

Since CoC is directly proportional to one's strength, I don't see why Zoro'd be that much different from post-CoC Luffy when they were relative before CoC. Obviously, Zoro's not quite as strong as Luffy but he's not going to be still close to post-Udon Luffy when Luffy went on to become a full-fledged top-tier.

Luffy vs Kaido likely lasted less than 1.5 hours. Big Mom vs the duo was probably less than 30 minutes. The fights don't always last days. It's a matter of how intense the fight is. Zoro wouldn't need KoH just to fight a top-tier. Most top-tiers don't require advanced Haki to be hurt. So Zoro could choose not to use excessive amounts of Haki to fight them, which means he could last way longer in a fight. There is no known limit on Zoro's Haki when he's not using excessive amounts of it.

"Zoro did better "

That's why he never was hyp3r by kairo
Kaido started seeing 5 top pirates when he got hurt by ryuo Luffy while he gave Zoro a kid approval "enough now, go sleep"
It's luffy who had Kaido out cold with ryuo g4 while ashura zoro couldn't do that ...he'll even Killer had kaido out cold.
Enma works with the same fundamental principle as G4 i.e., it uses excessive amounts of Haki. The Kuri fight already proved no amount of excessive Haki would help in hurting Kaido if your Haki isn't advanced enough. Once again, Luffy has level 3 penetration and he's also using excessive amounts of Haki when he was using G4 but Zoro was still keeping up or doing even better than Luffy.

:pepecopium::pepecopium::pepecopium::holdthisl::holdthisl::holdthisl:
What L idiot?
Mihawk fought a 1b Shanks and his bounty is inflated because of Cross Guild opposing directly to Navy and hunting them, while he in the past was chasing marines as well (contrary to normal pirates who avoid confrontation with them) = even more inflated (and probably some pun with the number as well).

And Vista fightning him on equal grounds is a fact haha.
Deal with it.

"Zoro did better "

That's why he never was hyp3r by kairo
It's luffy who had Kaido out cold with ryuo g4 while ashura zoro couldn't do that ...he'll even Killer had kaido out cold.
enma doesnt "counter" kaido hard
you need to go back and read what the sword does