Character Discussion Hawkins is a filler character among the already many in Wano

Are y’all still going on about the age demographics? Every single one of y’all are over 20 like stfu about it lmao. It has nothing to do with age demographics instead it has everything to do with Oda’s quality of writing. He is not the same writer post time skip.
Post automatically merged:

That's not filler, it literally serves a purpose in story
It is filler since it served absolutely nothing to do the story. Also that plot point is already attached with Apoo. Why do we need another Apoo plot point? Same thing with Bege in WCI. Oda just recycling plot points that leads to no where. So Oda created Hawkins just to show to us readers that he is a coward? Gtfo .

These are just nostalgia glasses
Ohh so another person who knows myself better than I do. Dang you and Lunaria really are quite impressive.

I am not gonna get into that drama.

Last edited:
It is filler since it served absolutely nothing to do the story. Also that plot point is already attached with Apoo. Why do we need another Apoo plot point? Same thing with Bege in WCI. Oda just recycling plot points that leads to no where. So Oda created Hawkins just to show to us readers that he is a coward? Gtfo .
Bege is different from Hawkins, he's ambitious, gambling and actually loyal to his crew. Again, Hawkins is serving a different role in the story

Bege is different from Hawkins, he's ambitious, gambling and actually loyal to his crew. Again, Hawkins is serving a different role in the story
Yes, the same role Apoo is playing now. Him being a coward led to absolutely nothing to the story. What role did it play to the story?

Yes, the same role Apoo is playing now. Him being a coward led to absolutely nothing to the story. What role did it play to the story?
I already said it, it's a contrast. A character that only takes the safe route and it's not bold compared to Luffy/Kid/Law.

Apoo's story isn't done yet, he will likely bring something else to the story

I already said it, it's a contrast. A character that only takes the safe route and it's not bold compared to Luffy/Kid/Law.
And I told you that is filler. You can create all the characters you want with different dreams, unique decisions, etc but if that character serves no purpose to the story, it is filler. Hawkins being a coward led to nothing to the story therefore he is filler.

And I told you that is filler. You can create all the characters you want with different dreams, unique decisions, etc but if that character serves no purpose to the story, it is filler. Hawkins being a coward led to nothing to the story therefore he is filler.
but it does lol, it adds to the lore of the story and the themes Oda wants to convey.

If we had the comprehension abilities of a 13 year old, we'd probably be surprised and impressed. Yall keep forgetting adult mother fuckers aint odas demographic. Ngl tho its still disappointing to see were all maturing to the point we argue about shit 13 year olds understand
Because 13 yo cares about Racism, Slavery, Gender Equality, Transgenders, Okamas, Plot...

I was reading the same shit during Dressrosa, now that u can binge it everyone loves it. It's just the effect of such a long arc being week to week, some people are not cut out for week to week reading.

I bet a lot of the haters will start to love it after it's all said and done.

Hawkins was essential to Killer's character development which a lot of people in the community love and pre Wano Killer was usually on the bottom of Supernova tier lists and now people are placing him above Kidd in their Tier lists.

I was reading the same shit during Dressrosa, now that u can binge it everyone loves it. It's just the effect of such a long arc being week to week, some people are not cut out for week to week reading.

I bet a lot of the haters will start to love it after it's all said and done.
Hi there buddy, you want to hear a secret? Dressrosa after a re-read was even worse than reading it weekly. Why? Because the issues are even more glaring when you reread it. Yall fanboys continue to talk out your ass with the same lame arguments every time:

1. Wait until it finishes so you can reread.
2. Reading is subjective.
3. If you don't like it then stop reading it.
4. One Piece is popular therefore it must be good.
5. Did you even read the manga? This is how One Piece always been.

Let me guess, one of your next arguments will be one of those five above?

Wait,Hawkins card that breaks one's limit might play a role yet! The Arc is not over yet!
Idk even know how to respond to this.

Hi there buddy, you want to hear a secret? Dressrosa after a re-read was even worse than reading it weekly. Why? Because the issues are even more glaring when you reread it. Yall fanboys continue to talk out your ass with the same lame arguments every time:

1. Wait until it finishes so you can reread.
2. Reading is subjective.
3. If you don't like it then stop reading it.
4. One Piece is popular therefore it must be good.
5. Did you even read the manga? This is how One Piece always been.

Let me guess, one of your next arguments will be one of those five above?

Idk even know how to respond to this.
Yeah, we're fanboys because we like it. Because it's good.

It's fine bro just drop it. I've dropped Fate/Zero 2 times already because of a lot of people said it's one of the best anime but I just didn't like it and moved on, I'm not saying it's bad tho.

I know a lot of non biased people who loved Dressrosa and I used to be one of them cause that arc was going on when I picked up One Piece. I loved it on first read.

Almost every manga I've read objectively has some issues but I don't give af and ur "superior" Seinen series usually cover these issues with some stunning art.

I'd rather appreciate what an author is trying to convey than to critique some small details in his story.

Yeah, we're fanboys because we like it. Because it's good.

It's fine bro just drop it.
My point is proven. Literally used the exact argument I predicted you were going to use. Yall are a cult seriously lmfao

I agree with a lot of these. But Yamato was the best decision Oda ever made in Wano arc :kata:
I mean the decision of creating Yamato is fine however the execution is poor. He first had Yamato run around with Momo doing absolutely nothing for literally 10+ chapters and then now that she has nothing to do, Oda created this bomb subplot just so he can have Yamato have something to do.

I agree with a lot of these. But Yamato was the best decision Oda ever made in Wano arc :kata:
I renamed her the Xena of One Piece.

She is also the epitome of seeking for freedom which is such an important and compelling theme in the verse other than being a fantastic warrior and carrier of beauty.