Manga Discussion Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku

I just started this, so I haven't read the other posts here, but I really like it so far. I'm on Chapter 30.

Hoko is freaking me out, but it's cool that we finally got some insider info about the island from him. I love Sagiri and seeing her realize that she didn't need to pick a side and could embrace both emotion and reason was nice-- I was worried that struggle might continue too long into the story. But actually, the fast pace of this series makes it a real page-turner.

Also enjoyed the gender role discussion through Sagiri, Genji, and the kunoichi.

The monsters are crazy! I never know what I'll see next. Loving the art in this series. Thanks to @sanji>Lollo for the recommendation!
Post automatically merged:

Oh shit, I just saw @Shimotsuki Ghostly just started it, too! We can be reading buddies!

Last edited:
I love Sagiri and seeing her realize that she didn't need to pick a side and could embrace both emotion and reason was nice-- I was worried that struggle might continue too long into the story. But actually, the fast pace of this series makes it a real page-turner.
I liked this part too๐Ÿ˜Š
The characters have great emotional developments.

All in all this series does a good job at not stretching things. It has no filler at all.
Glad you like it but was it me who recommended it to you? I don't remember.๐Ÿ˜…

I liked this part too๐Ÿ˜Š
The characters have great emotional developments.

All in all this series does a good job at not stretching things. It has no filler at all.
Glad you like it but was it me who recommended it to you? I don't remember.๐Ÿ˜…
I saw you mention it in the waiting room and you told me it was good

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Oh shit, I just saw @Shimotsuki Ghostly just started it, too! We can be reading buddies!
@Shimotsuki Ghostly

You'd miss the tag cuz of the merge.

I just started this, so I haven't read the other posts here, but I really like it so far. I'm on Chapter 30.

Hoko is freaking me out, but it's cool that we finally got some insider info about the island from him. I love Sagiri and seeing her realize that she didn't need to pick a side and could embrace both emotion and reason was nice-- I was worried that struggle might continue too long into the story. But actually, the fast pace of this series makes it a real page-turner.

Also enjoyed the gender role discussion through Sagiri, Genji, and the kunoichi.

The monsters are crazy! I never know what I'll see next. Loving the art in this series. Thanks to @sanji>Lollo for the recommendation!
It's great to hear you're on board Wordy and are enjoying it.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
The more, the merrier.
Agree. I might even do a reread to keep up with the peeps reading it now.

At this rate Hell's Paradise gets its own section when the anime starts!
That'd be nice but I doubt it tbh. The manga is over so there isn't much to talk about. With the anime the popularity will grow, no doubt, but not enough for a section imo.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Glad that I found another series again. There's not many I like.
It's deffo a gem. Need more people on it.

I'd recommend you try Pandora Hearts. It's 104 chapters long. But the chapters are longer. It might be your cup of tea. The story is extremely interesting.
The air of celebration surrounding fifteen-year-old Oz Vessalius's coming-of-age ceremony quickly turns to horror when he is condemned for a sin about which he knows nothing. He is thrown into an eternal prison known as the Abyss, from which there is no escape. There, he meets a young girl named Alice, who is not what she seems. Now that the relentless cogs of fate have begun to turn, will they lead only to crushing despair for Oz, or is there some shred of hope for him to grasp on to?

Or D. Gray-Man
Set in a fictional 19th century England, D.Gray-man is the story of Allen Walker, a 15-year-old boy who roams the earth in search of Innocence. Washed away to unknown parts of the world after the Great Flood, Innocence is the mysterious substance used to create weapons that obliterate demons known as akuma.
The only problem with DGM is that the author is sick and she can manage only 4 chapters per year. The manga started in 2004 and has only 245 chapters so far.

It's deffo a gem. Need more people on it.

I'd recommend you try Pandora Hearts. It's 104 chapters long. But the chapters are longer. It might be your cup of tea. The story is extremely interesting.

Or D. Gray-Man

The only problem with DGM is that the author is sick and she can manage only 4 chapters per year. The manga started in 2004 and has only 245 chapters so far.
Thanks, I might check them out

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
The I heard d gray man is veey dark and depressing.
It is dark and can make you feel sad, quite sad, especially the backstories. But it's a masterpiece.

And I'm not sure I can handle another eternal hiatus manga. Once I catch up I'd forget what happened until the next chapter comes out.
Yeah that's understandable.

G

Gorosei Informer

And Vagabond still on hiatus๐Ÿ’€
I heard the author wants to continue it recently? I saw an article come up about it?

Ah that fucking sucks, a real shame. And yet I complain about One Pieces pacing and monthly series too ๐Ÿ’€.

@Cross_Marian you're a big DGM fan right?

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž