Manga Discussion Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku

G

Gorosei Informer

Oh shit, I just saw @Shimotsuki Ghostly just started it, too! We can be reading buddies!
Oh dear haha. I haven't started yet but I can if you want me to parallel with you reading through it?

I find it so hard to balance my interests/hobbies these days, I have to prioritise one and sacrifice others, when I used to read, watch, play, do etc hundreds of things when I was much younger, it sucks.

I've almost finished watching Breaking Bald/Balding Bad/MonsterZoro takes over McDonalds HQ and gets his Tesla finally and I gotta alternate that with reading this manga now too.

I'm quitting gaming permanently for various reasons personally and thus I'll have more time/energy to devote to watching/reading anime/TV shows/films/manga etc.

I'll probs start this series tomorrow as I'm tired atm, been a very long day lol. I might end up binging it as usual too but I've not been binging Breaking Bad mostly, as much as I expected to either. Binging Bad even.

Oh dear haha. I haven't started yet but I can if you want me to parallel with you reading through it?

I find it so hard to balance my interests/hobbies these days, I have to prioritise one and sacrifice others, when I used to read, watch, play, do etc hundreds of things when I was much younger, it sucks.

I've almost finished watching Breaking Bald/Balding Bad/MonsterZoro takes over McDonalds HQ and gets his Tesla finally and I gotta alternate that with reading this manga now too.

I'm quitting gaming permanently for various reasons personally and thus I'll have more time/energy to devote to watching/reading anime/TV shows/films/manga etc.

I'll probs start this series tomorrow as I'm tired atm, been a very long day lol. I might end up binging it as usual too but I've not been binging Breaking Bad mostly, as much as I expected to either. Binging Bad even.
Oh God no, I would never hold another person to a reading schedule, lol. I just wanted to give you a fellow newbie high-five.

I hate feeling rushed when I'm reading/watching, so I understand! Hope you're enjoying BB! It's such a great series.

G

Gorosei Informer

Oh God no, I would never hold another person to a reading schedule, lol. I just wanted to give you a fellow newbie high-five.

I hate feeling rushed when I'm reading/watching, so I understand! Hope you're enjoying BB! It's such a great series.
Oh aye ty haha. Much appreciate it!

Same here, I prefer to savour things but I'm so excitable/easily engrossed/impatient at times, I end up binging/rushing which sucks in the long run especially.

Slow and steady wins the race and is more satisfying/fulfilling. I need more self control lol.

Breaking Bad is awesome, really enjoying it! Way better than I expected, magnificent use of music, framing, acting, writing etc. Gonna Call Saul after it too! I've heard it's "Better,"! As in genuinely better too lol.

But yeah to get back on topic, the art of this series is morbidly stunning so far. Great use of tone/shading especially. Darkly beautiful.

Once I start reading it, I can give some proper thoughts and feedback ofc lol.

G

Gorosei Informer

Sweet+sour
Yum๐Ÿ˜‹
Lmaooo I was gonna suggest sweet and sour sauce too haha!

Some of the monster designs are almost Berserk level crazy, so prepare yourself.
Ooof I'm not keen on stuff like that. I do see a real horror vibe to this series, maybe grotesque especially? I saw a pretty gross panel on Google earlier lol.

I'll try out some chapters and see how I go.