Character Discussion How do you feel about Jack the dragdown?

Hmm… I think Oda screwed him very bad.. in fact he screwed most beast pirates bad… I also think Oda handled their fighting style really bad!

It’s a shame that most beast pirares use full zoan most of the time instead of hybrid… and by the way… they all can use hybrid…

it’s the best form suited for 1 vs 1 battle

yet Oda spends a lot of time drawing them in full zoan… making them really slow, getting hit easily…etc!

It’s why CP9 fights were more enjoyable even Who’s who too was enjoyable (despite it being very short which is a shame)

but I feel Oda should have made beast pirates in general use some form of martial arts… they can vary and be different… but they should have got some martial arts techniques…

Jack literally did not even use a single named move! Like wtf!

not even a silly move like “Mammoth sneeze” happened hhhh

What L lmao?
Did he prove otherwise or something? xDDDDD
Kaido has got many iconic momets in wano arc. He's not trash lmfao
Wasted potential. Could be linked up to Fishmen Island in some way and that could lead to what could be very amazing fight between him and Jinbe.

Not much else to say.

Fuck you Oda.
I agree. Remember back when we used to think that Jack will fight Jinbei? Good old days :saden:
Oda is garbage! Fucking loser! One Piece need to fall on 20 -th place!
Calm down bro :halt:
Even Tama have one named technique but not Jack :cantseeme:

Hmm… I think Oda screwed him very bad.. in fact he screwed most beast pirates bad… I also think Oda handled their fighting style really bad!

It’s a shame that most beast pirares use full zoan most of the time instead of hybrid… and by the way… they all can use hybrid…

it’s the best form suited for 1 vs 1 battle

yet Oda spends a lot of time drawing them in full zoan… making them really slow, getting hit easily…etc!

It’s why CP9 fights were more enjoyable even Who’s who too was enjoyable (despite it being very short which is a shame)

but I feel Oda should have made beast pirates in general use some form of martial arts… they can vary and be different… but they should have got some martial arts techniques…

not even a silly move like “Mammoth sneeze” happened hhhh
In fact I think LolZDa scewed his manga. Author is still same while all Beast pirates looks now like trash, cheap clowns including king fish Crydo. I'm reading till Wano arc over, then going to say bye One Piece. I have't read any chapter from 296 so I'm not enjoying story at all. I'm just counting time...case for me One Piece right now beyond saving. But...we will see, I hope falling below ten will happen and then maybe Oda will stop turning his manga in a piece of junk
Post automatically merged:

Did Queen not do his job in Udon ?
With helping Luffy becaming stronger? With not be able to kili Luffy in prison? If you want to learn how you have to do a job, you should ask Magellan. Magellan was chief for damn reason, while Queen is clown.

Last edited:
Jack is prime example of wasted potential.

Forget fishman karate, Haki, everything else. Dude does not even have A SINGLE NAMED ATTACK. Oda off panelled their entire fucking fight. What a lazy written battle, just off panel everything, why not Sanji vs Queen and Zoro vs King too? Big Mom is bruised? Why and how? No, just off panel those details too, because why not? BeCaUsE oF pLoT. Just show how all make their finishing move and call it a battle LMAO. Only show true focus to Luffy's battle or Raizo vs that fodder dude which nobody cares for... or show Tama and Co for the 1000th time how they control and run away from fodders, plz!

Wano. Piece. In. A. Nutshell.

Jack is prime example of wasted potential.

Forget fishman karate, Haki, everything else. Dude does not even have A SINGLE NAMED ATTACK. Oda off panelled their entire fucking fight. What a lazy written battle, just off panel everything, why not Sanji vs Queen and Zoro vs King too? Big Mom is bruised? Why and how? No, just off panel those details, because why not? BeCaUsE oF pLoT. Just show how all make their finishing move and call it a battle LMAO. Only show true focus to Luffy's battle or Raizo vs that fodder dude which nobody cares for...
Zoro and Sanji vs King and Queen wont be off-panelled. Those are SH fights. But Meme vs the SNs will get the same treatment as well.

Jack is fine if you don't compare him to Cracker. Just because Cracker beat G4 by outlasting it and also overpowered G3, people expected Jack's feat to surpass Cracker because Jack is 1 billion bounty man while Cracker is 860 million bounty man. That's why many people with their headcannon said hybrid Jack>Sulong Inu because they wanted Jack to be stronger than Cracker only for Oda to portray Jack to be as strong as 1 arm veteran Perospero lol.

In terms of portrayal, Jack is an utter mess.

Back during Zou Arc, Jack was the bee's knees. This man came onto the scene with a bounty number that the fandom originally thought would be reserved for Yonko. He then preceded to assert his dominance by practically single handedly decimating an entire country of warriors. After that, Jack even had the guts to take an Admiral and a former Fleet Admiral head on simultaneously.

Zou Arc Jack was the monstrous madman who Kaido sends when he has zero interest in negotiations.

Fast forward to Wano and suddenly, Jack is the whipping boy for the other Calamities and the bloke Kaido sends to negotiate with overweight bandits to be his nakama. To add insult to injury, his major fights against the Dukes, a hyped confrontation that was setup since Zou, got mostly off screened and his hybrid form looks horrendously ugly.

Sodding Urashima gets his fight completely on screen but not Jack. Freaking Babanuki gets a named attack but not Jack.

Oda treated Jack like complete crap during Wano after having made him such a beast during Zou but hey, at least we can all look forward to seeing Orochi get dicked on for a third time. That is what everyone wants to see, right? :yasu:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Im not upset Jack lost this chapter or to a Duke. That’s all fine, power levels largely come second to my enjoyment of a character.

What irks me is the fact Jack did nothing in the manga. The biggest contribution was Zou, a flashback arc. Which was also roughly 200~ chapters ago.

The fact he was given zero love or attention from Oda but was kept in the manga this long is baffling. Remove him much earlier if your ultimate plans include such a wasteful and flippant ending for one of the big theee subordinates that the Antagonist has.

If Oda intended him to go out here, he should’ve done something on screen and in recent memory.

Instead he received less focus — albeit understandably due to the nature of his opponent — then even Sasaki. Sasaki, the least exposed of the Tobi Rōppo.