Character Discussion How do you feel about Jack the dragdown?

Whoever likes the way Oda treated Jack and his subplot with Inuarashi and Nekomamushi needs to get something called "criteria". This is one of his lowest points as a writer and I'm starting to doubt he can actually execute his literature beyond the basics.
You going to love these twitter posts:

https://twitter.com/baransu69/status/1441419285306298375

https://twitter.com/ReignWo1/status/1441454489102336004

Most meme worth post are these ones who wanna execute that the arc is to long, when Oda basically draw half of them with irrelevant stuff, pretty sure these guys probably love fight scenes with fodders. The way how they try to defend this horrible writing from Oda is just funny asf.

His achievements are quite nice tbh.
-Destroyed Zou
-Has taken a limb each of the Dukes
-Sank 2 ships vs an Admiral and former Fleet Admiral
-Destroyed an entire Sulong Mink Army
-Was on his way to defeating Inu until plot

Inu/Neko can only be stronger in a full moon. That's like once every how many days?

His defeat is just quite disappointing because of how it happened. Jack was on his way to victory until Luffy and Kaido aCoC clash. Yeah right, how convinient for the two dukes.

:kriwhat:

I'm not complaining often as I manage to keep my expectation low. He is losing against Inu is fine for me, while I have to admit that it would be wayyy better if he was fighting Jinbe instead. But this fight is way less than my lowest expectation. I can no longer understand how a man who almost anhilate an entire mink race, who sink 2 ship that was guarded against an admiral an former Fleet admiral, who survived a slap from a mountain sized elephant trunk, got his end like this.

A bit off topic but this chapter is really bad for me, I even feel the sky splitting part is a disappointment rather than a hype. I kinda feel that it will take sometimes for me to move on from the disappointment just like my constant complaint against BM's motherly mode.

You going to love these twitter posts:

https://twitter.com/baransu69/status/1441419285306298375

https://twitter.com/ReignWo1/status/1441454489102336004

Most meme worth post are these ones who wanna execute that the arc is to long, when Oda basically draw half of them with irrelevant stuff, pretty sure these guys probably love fight scenes with fodders. The way how they try to defend this horrible writing from Oda is just funny asf.
Those people are illiterates who can't tell when a piece of work has quality; which these two fights didn't at all, nor how Oda handled both Jack and Perospero. Also, the "arc is too long" argument is dumb as hell for obvious reasons, starting by the fact that Oda could have easily developed the plots in a way more fluent way instead of having Jack defeated against Inuarashi twice, or Kanjuro facing the Scabbards three times, or spending two chapters on Urashima's confrontation, or not taking advantage of Tama's kidnapping and Denjiro being a mole to integrate her subplot into the battle from the start, and so on.

We've been in this damn island for more than two years, we've been preparing for it for like ten, and there wasn't time for a couple of properly written plots and scenes? Those people can fuck off, for real; they represent the reason why the average standard is laughable and those who have actually cultured themselves beyond a couple of manga for teens have to suffer this crap.

I mean Oda just said fuck you to Jack.

He deserved way more. Especially with all the hype he got in Zou. He was labelled as a monster, 1B berry, went fearlessly agaisnt admirals, you call it.

I was hoping that he was going to defeat Inu (to at least have an enemy win something) and then fight Jinbe but ehh...

Bogard

You can't win
β€Ž
I still remember the first time Jack's billion berry bounty was revealed

At that time, Luffy was at 500 millions after the events of Dressrosa, with Jack being the first reaching the billions berry range

The lvl of hype it felt at that moment :steef:

All that for him not to show any single named attacks more than 200chapters later, with his defeat being off-paneled :josad:

I still remember the first time Jack's billion berry bounty was revealed

At that time, Luffy was at 500 millions after the events of Dressrosa, with Jack being the first reaching the billions berry range

The lvl of hype it felt at that moment :steef:

All that for him not to show any single named attacks more than 200chapters later, with his defeat being off-paneled :josad:

:josad::josad::josad:

G

Gorosei Informer

On another note, Jack being the same age as Yamato and Kaido being much more in favour of him, showing concern for him and being respectful, forgiving and caring towards himas opposed to how he contrastingly treats Yamato by far, is a REALLY interesting storyline and glaring insight into Kaido as a character and his personality, beliefs and such.
I definitely want to do a video exploring this, especially to also throw in my own personal headcanons too!

I've joked and theorised that Kaido sees Jack as the son he always wanted/never had and he even said he picked out Jack to be an All Star personally, which means Jack didn't have to defeat an All-Star or even fight Kaido or do whatever it takes maybe to earn his position, maybe he just impressed Kaido with his sheer strength, authencity, will/drive/ambition and resilience? Probably got his fruit as a gift from Kaido unless he had prior to joining Kaido and that helped sway Kaido's interest in him naturally?

Jack vs Yamato could have been an amazing matchup potentially. Jack idolising Kaido and lamenting Yamato for disrespecting Kaido, going against his wishes and disappointing him, letting him down BUT Yamato retaliates with how much of a literal abusive, cruel monster Kaido is and wants nothing to do with him. You could have this wonderful, intense contrast of perspectives, beliefs, experiences etc. Plus an all out fight between two extremely strong characters ofc!