General & Others How Do You feel about Sanji's Germa 66 Plotline in Retrospect?

Thoughts?

• Total voters
I thought it was terrible. The family truama plotline fell flat because oda NEVER set it up in the 800 chapters preceding it.

Im to believe sanji has this wound in his heart in the shape of abuse and neglect from the men his family? That he has unresolved issues with the premature death of his mother despite oda never characterizing it prior?

Something as simple as sanji looking longingly and with melancholy at nami and nojiko, or luffy and ace, or chopper and dr kureha. To see him react that way to a loving family would be a great hint. For oda to be so great at foreshadowing, he dropped the ball on the heart of what was to come. "Mr prince" royalty foreshadow is shallow.

I mean the fact that he was born in North blue and his panel with cricket was kind of a foreshadow
I thought it was terrible. The family truama plotline fell flat because oda NEVER set it up in the 800 chapters preceding it.

Im to believe sanji has this wound in his heart in the shape of abuse and neglect from the men his family? That he has unresolved issues with the premature death of his mother despite oda never characterizing it prior?

Something as simple as sanji looking longingly and with melancholy at nami and nojiko, or luffy and ace, or chopper and dr kureha. To see him react that way to a loving family would be a great hint. For oda to be so great at foreshadowing, he dropped the ball on the heart of what was to come. "Mr prince" royalty foreshadow is shallow.

I really like everything that has ever happened to Sanji. Even his worst moments are great although extremely annoying to follow on a weekly basis. The main problem I have with CLLoda is that he seems unable to write good payoffs for Sanji. The Germa backstory is no exception.

I'm looking forward to lunarian Sanji and some Sora flashbacks. Something on the comic strip and on the Vinsmokes that ruled on the North Blue wouldn't hurt.

One Piece needs more badass Sanji moments, he deserves them

I like it my hope is that judge and sanji meet again and judge admits his wrong ultimately in the end. The ultimate icing on the cake would be if sanji has Coc haki. One of sanjis panels that always stood out to me was

How in the absolute hell can sanji be labeled as someone who causes more trouble than everyone put together or heck even luffy ???

If oda will indeed calls back to that i can only think that sanji will lead germa ultimately in the final war if he leads the whole germa army this could be how oda makes that statement truthful...also so many well i guess its mainly the zoro fandom lol, but they do not think sanji will have coc as a reminder

Sanji will be world known as the leader of germa also if someone like doffy can unlock it in a moment of rage like this
why can't sanji unlock it protecting someone like pudding etc later on ultimately oda will have multiple coc users under luffy just like roger/rocks.

Luffy and zoro always had clear signs of being a conqueror,sanji on the other hand to me is being narratively built up to get it later on we will be able to look at his story and say this is yet another way to become a conqueror.