Questions & Mysteries How is this any different...

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Zoro is not a durability beast.
He is an endurance beast.

Will people manage to grasp this difference?

It doesn't matter how much you hurt someone, if that loses blood or not etc., only how many HP the guy has matters and Zoro has got tons of them.

That is why Zoro managed to one shot Killer after having a scythe implanted into his very body.

It's no different, momentary setbacks for characters for drama are normal even if they make no sense from a power scaling perspective.

Luffy shouldn't have been able to be one shotted by Kaido as he was YC1+ and he definitely shouldn't have been tagged by Apoo's blast considering he has future sight and is the fastest character on the battlefield. He should already be on the roof considering G4 is casual and extremely fast.

Big Mom shouldn't have been able to been clowned by the strawhats if she was serious. etc.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Long answer - Zoro clearly suffered some damage, but it’s proven to be short lived, which we can tell by the fact that he wasn’t completely knocked out of commission even the panel after it happened. By contrast, Apoo showed every single sign that would indicate a loss of consciousness; while he can still show up awake and alert in the near future, the fact is he was knocked out by Zoro’s attack, which is not true in reverse.

Short answer -

It's no different, momentary setbacks for characters for drama are normal even if they make no sense from a power scaling perspective.

Luffy shouldn't have been able to be one shotted by Kaido as he was YC1+ and he definitely shouldn't have been tagged by Apoo's blast considering he has future sight and is the fastest character on the battlefield. He should already be on the roof considering G4 is casual and extremely fast.

Big Mom shouldn't have been able to been clowned by the strawhats if she was serious. etc.
The power scaling perspective is what makes no sense, given that it's not endorsed by oda

There is no such thing as "YC+" anywhere in the manga. Beating Katakuri has no bearing on how well Luffy can take a flash kanabo to his unprotected face.

Future Sight can show you the future but not tell you how to prevent it. Luffy can't dodge an attack he doesn't understand.

Gear Four can't reach the roof because there's no freaking way he can navigate the sky himself through King and all those goons. Marco probably won't have an easy time and that's considering that he's a legitimate flying DF with two good Straw Hats in tow.

Last edited:
lol, Samurai literally made a hole on the floor and made a ladder upto 4th floor but Luffy can't make hole through it, let us not pretend as if dressrosa arc didn't happen
I don't get the Dressrosa reference but I do get the feeling that Luffy smashing his way up would be less subtle than a bunch of nobodies carving their rudimentary spot. I mean even Jinbe made a big scene by himself doing something similar