Questions & Mysteries How useless is Law's crew btw ?!

bruh all of the Worst Generations crews are a disgrace but this is a new level of incompetence that Oda is putting them through

Here's the tiers of these crews :

- Bonney , Hawkins , Apoo , Drake , Urouge all had nameless/background subordinates since the start so they pretty much dont have a crew at all they are just individuals on their own

- Bege and Law have couple of named characters like Bepo/Bart or Vito/Gotti and bunched of nameless/background ones and both crews as useless as it gets so again individuals on their own

- Kid's crew is decent he has Killer , Heat and Wire who look distinct but still meh

- Then There's Luffy and Teach with the fucking Emperor level crews who all have prestige and power and an actual distinct design instead of being a background character
I keep saying that the Supernovas are not comparable to Luffy in the slightest for a reason. Lol.

Oda screwed himself over by having eleven Supernovas split across nine whole feckin crews.

Nine crews means nine subplots and dozens of characters to support those subplots, which is a lot of effort for a group of characters that Oda just added in for flavour at a point in the story where they were introduced far too late to even matter.

The Supernovas should have been condensed into four crews, one for each sea.

Luffy/Zoro/Straw Hats from East Blue.

Kidd/Killer/Bonney from South Blue.

Drake/Hawkins/Law from North Blue.

Bege/Apoo/Urouge from West Blue/Grand Line.

This would have made each crew far more manageable and more impressive. The other crews could even compete with the Straw Hats.

Instead, Oda has spread them out far too thin and has Zoro defeating Supernova captains that are supposed to be Luffy's rivals. Super Scrubs indeed. Lel.

Which supernova's crew isn't useless aside from the straw hats?
Kidd's crew: Kidd and Killer and a bunch of fodders
Law: law and a bunch of fodders
Hawkins: too irrelevant to have them in the story
Drake: same as Hawkins and he is a marine on top of that
Urouge: laughable
Bonney: trash
Capone: weak but at least they are entertaining
Apoo: never heard of them

Luffy wouldn't even need a third of his crews to trash them.

Oda is so busy with Law and handling his OPness (has Law stalling looking for poneglyphs so he can't reach the main fights too soon andd mop up :cheers:) he hasn't even bothered to develop Law's crew. Seriously.

Bepo - the first mink we ever met. Should have gotten a real arc in Zou and should have Sulong

Jean Bart - former pirate captain on the grand line? went through a time skip as a Heart pirate?? surely had time to improve and be formidable

Penguin/Shachi - both resisted a conquerors king Haki blast from Rayleigh, the man probably had advanced conquerors... they're not top tiers but they're no slouches either

So what gives?
This is a sad truth :risitasad:

Most pathetic SN crew of the manga.

Even Law doesn't want them around. :milaugh:

You could tell what Law thinks of his crew with just the fact that he left them on Zou while he went alone to target Doflamingo.

I would bet on same amount of random gifters/headliners of Kaido crew over same amount of Law crew anyday...
If more than 1 member of Law's crew were gifter-headliner level I'd be pleasantly surprised.

If you think about it, Beppo is a mink, and even children Minks are very strong. I wouldn't be surprised if he was ~ Carrot's strength, maybe even stronger. So it's very possible Beppo is in between M3 and Franky/Robin/Brook.

Anyhow, we'll definitely see Sulong Beppo so hold your horses. Big Mom killed Zepo, his older brother, so we might see a Carrot type moment here.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that he would never become pirate king with such a trash crew.
I liked them.. but this is kinda over because they feel out of place. Weak no names (except bepo) and thats it. Jean Bart doing nothing..
To be fair, pre time skip Penguin and Shachi weren't knocked by Rayleigh's CoC, so that's something....

I'm not sure who he was targeting from the SHs, so I'm curious to see if he could have knocked out weaker SHs.

Calypso

"It is warm within the mansions of Hel"
To be fair, pre time skip Penguin and Shachi weren't knocked by Rayleigh's CoC, so that's something....

I'm not sure who he was targeting from the SHs, so I'm curious to see if he could have knocked out weaker SHs.
Fair point. But they still feel underwhelming. Law might choose them for good reasons since they're not that many. But they feel totally useless now. Still swimming around in their submarine while bepo, sachi, penguin (there the hell are they anyways) and law are on Onigashima.