Character Discussion How would you have written Orochi Differently?

As the Shogun of Wano, Orochi could have been a really good character, but was poorly written and was made a joke character.

Even if Orochi wasn't going to a fighter, he could have still been a threat in other ways. As an actual strategist a seeing through the allies plans, and making his own.

I liked orochi the way he was. Its just odas character flaw gags that make certain villains corny. Big moms clumsy rage which results in her always failing comes to mind.

Orochi had a spy in odens group. He enlisted kaidos help. He recruited ninja. He did dealings with the world gov. He tourted his enemies and naysayers. He preemptively tried to imprison any samurai he thought would revolt. He really was a solid villain. But having him snuggle with hyori as his empire is crumbling is dog shit characterization. That one moment turned him into a complete goofball.

I

Impact_Dial

Wano was a bit of a mess I was one of those guys here expecting zoro to take on a shogun beefed up orochi until I saw him a few times I then realised I was thinking of two piece

He was TOO cowardly
Acknowledge the nuance in the situation, accept that you're not free from judgement in your final moments, it's fine to want Hiyori dead too but don't beg for help and your life etc. It was too much... Character had potential

Explore the Kurozumi persecution more, and not only through a handful of panels

Give him strong underlings apart from Kyoshiro (who was a traitor anyway)

Have him have another blood relative alive - an illegitimate daughter/son, a distant niece/nephew, etc. To give us insight on another person's perspective of Orochi and the Kurozumi, and the aftermath of "kurozumi were born to burn"

In comparison to Wano standards Orochi was one of the better written characters.
There’s always a few tweaks here and there but his depravity was really portrayed well, fitting design too.