Character Discussion How You Feel About Certain Characters

This thread is basically your freedom of expression of characters you feel strongly about; whether you like them, dislike them, feel they had wasted potential, or have potential to grow. Disclaimer these are my subjective opinions. Feel free to express yours as well.

For Me

Top Favorites: Luffy, Zoro, Jinbei, Katakuri, Law, Kaido, Boa

Worst Characters: Carrot, Shinobu, Oden, Big Meme, Dr. Hogback, Moria

Wasted Potential: Sanji, Meme, Robin, Koby, X Drake, Bepo

Full of Potential: Franky, Brook, Chopper, Eustass Kid, Boa

(my opinion 180’d) Satisfied Characters: Bege, Killer, Bellamy, Wiper, Kaido

Thoughts on any characters that blew your expectations, rubbed you the wrong way, or you feel can grow in the right track?

@TheKnightOfTheSea @bennbeckman @Paperchampion23 @Jew D. Boy @Cross_Marian @Doggo @rerere @Peroroncino @Luffy bin Dragon @GrandmasterChef Zonji @solis @etccc

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Good thread, let me think.

Top Favorites: Jinbe, Doffy, Usopp, Zoro, Katakuri, Teach, Tom, Issho, Kyros, Pre Time Skip Sanji

Worst Characters: Yasopp, Oden, Wapol, That fat guy from Skypeia, Spandam, Furry bait, Sabo

Wasted Potential: Big Mom, Post Time Skip Sanji, Drake, Compote, Smoothie, Denjiro, Shutenmaru, Shiki, Smoker

Full of Potential: Kidd, Killer, Apoo, Urouge, All Straw Hats, Yamato, Xebec, Flying Six(minus Drake)

(my opinion 180'd) Satisfied Characters: Killer, Bege, Kaido, Kuzan,

Top fave: Luffy, Crocodile, Law, Kaidou, Kuma, BB

Worst char: BM

Wasted potential: Luffy (has so much potential to have more depth, grit, complexity, grimness and cold fury, merciless power and decision-making post-TS)

Law (has so much greatness in Punk Hazard, strategic and all, but being reduced to generic cool one-liner dude after Dressrosa)

Sanji (a master tactician and culinary gentlemen reduced to a pervert lol)

Chopper (where is his Brain Point? Where is his various adaptable transformations other than Monster Point? Where is his medical perspective of things?)

Full of potential: Zoro, Brook, Luffy, Law, Sanji, Chopper, Hawkins, Bege, Katakuri, Violet, Cavendish/Hakuba, Don Sai, Tontattas, Don Chinjao, etc etc

Good thread, let me think.

Top Favorites: Jinbe, Doffy, Usopp, Zoro, Katakuri, Teach, Tom, Issho, Kyros, Pre Time Skip Sanji

Worst Characters: Yasopp, Oden, Wapol, That fat guy from Skypeia, Spandam, Furry bait, Sabo

Wasted Potential: Big Mom, Post Time Skip Sanji, Drake, Compote, Smoothie, Denjiro, Shutenmaru, Shiki, Smoker

Full of Potential: Kidd, Killer, Apoo, Urouge, All Straw Hats, Yamato, Xebec, Flying Six(minus Drake)

(my opinion 180'd) Satisfied Characters: Killer, Bege, Kaido, Kuzan,
Lmfao Compote and Yama from Skypeia stood out

Fav: Zoro, Kizaru, WB, Garp, Shiki, Fujitora, Hancock, Katakuri, Ene, Ryuma(human form), Mihawk(not so much my fav since 1010)

Worst: Luffy, Ace, Orochi, Moria, Sengoku.

Wasted: Sengoku, Smoker, Kid, Apoo, Cracker, Gin, Krieg, Kuro, Ryuuma(human form).

Full: WB, Oden, Akainu, Aokiji, Katakuri.

Overall I think we should have at least 1 from each race as top tiers. Fishmen the top tier seems to be Jinbei, Jack, Kawamatsu(he is half fishmen isn't?) they are at top YC1. Apoo tribe he seems to be the strongest and he could easily be Admiral to Yonko level if Oda stop making joke of him. And many other cases like those.

This thread is basically your freedom of expression of characters you feel strongly about; whether you like them, dislike them, feel they had wasted potential, or have potential to grow. Disclaimer these are my subjective opinions. Feel free to express yours as well.

For Me

Thoughts on any characters that blew your expectations, rubbed you the wrong way, or you feel can grow in the right track?

@TheKnightOfTheSea @bennbeckman @Paperchampion23 @Jew D. Boy @Cross_Marian @Doggo @rerere @Peroroncino @Luffy bin Dragon @GrandmasterChef Zonji @solis @etccc
Pretty much agree with your list especially that little section of wasted potential

Top fav: Zoro, Robin, Jinbe, Law, Killer, Mihawk, Yamato, Fujitora, Katakuri, Kuzan and Akainu

Worst characters: Usopp, Apoo, Momo, post ts Sanji, post ts Luffy, Judge

Wasted potential : Robin, Denjiro,Kaido/Big Mom (both only regarding their character), Koby, Wyper, Xdrake and Smoker

Full of potential: Robin (I still believe in her), Smoker (future admiral), all 5 SN on the roof ( the leading figures of the next era), Sabo/the Rev commanders and Crocodile

Satisfied characters: WB, Doflamingo and Corazon

Last edited:
Favorites that I LOVE: Zoro, Law, Luffy, Kidd, Doflamingo, Sabo, Ace, White Beard, Rayleigh, Rosinante, Marco, Robin, Katakuri

Favorites that I LIKE- Sanji, Nami, Usopp, Jimbei, Kin'emon, Kyoshiro, Killer, Boa, Franky, Cavendish, Bepo, Perona

Meh Characters: Chopper, Brook, Tashigi, Coby, & thus far- Carrot & Yamamoto the later could move up depending on how her role in Wano plays out

Characters I HATE- Garp, Spandam, Celestial Dragons & Sanji's Dad & Brothers

Wasted Potential: Meme, Kaido- (does he even have a back story or personality?), Hawkins, X-Drake

Full of Potential: Robin, Raid Suit Sanji, Law, Dragon, Green Bull

Character I distrust- Okay, I may be blasted for this, but I don't trust Shanks. I never have and the distrust has gotten worse since the Reverie

Last edited:
Top fav characters - A) Kaido , Pre skip luffy , Pre skip zoro

................................................................... B) Pre skip Nami , King , Yamato , Ulti , Black Maria , Jack

Worst character - Post skip Brook

Character I don't like that much - Sabo

Other characters are neutral for me...............pre skip straw hats as a group are also my favorite

Last edited:

For Me

Leaving the SHs aside:

Top Favorites: Kidd, Killer, Marco, Jozu, Doflamingo, Lucci

Worst Characters: Carrot, Ivankov, Burgess, Bartolomeo

Wasted potential: King atm, CP0, Smoker, Revolutionary commanders,

Full of potential: Drake, Hawkins, Apoo, Urouge, Crocodile, Who's Who, Mihawk, Kuma

Fav: Luffy (bar post skip fights), Sanji, Kid, Yamato, Akainu, basically all Admirals, Kaidou.
Worst: Zoro, Mihawk, Shanks, Sabo, Oden, Brook.
Wasted potential: Luffy, Sanji, Yamato, Robin, Bigmom, Smoothie, Hiyori, Law, Kid.

Favourites: Mihawk, Shanks, Kuzan, Fujitora, Rayleigh, Zoro

Hate: Yamatrash, Loden, Big Meme, Garp, Lashigi

If Yamatoad had been introduced as, well, anything other than what she is, I might’ve been interested. Instead, we have a female character that embodies all the worst traits of the princess in a tower archetype, a perpetually unemployed and mentally ill 30 year old cosplayer devoid of an original personality that also lives in Daddy’s basement. Yikes.

Characters I HATE- Garp, Spandam, Celestial Dragons
THANK YOU. Another (wo)man of culture. Garp is a piece of subhuman garbage that sat back and let Sengoku persecute pregnant women and babies while knowing that innocent people were being killed or imperilled in vain. He was also abusive towards the boys and gave zero fucks about what any of them felt or wanted, never asked once about Sabo for if he did, he might have a clue as to why they want nothing to do with the World Government

I'm going to go through the SN, they were for most of them interesting pre ts, their design, their actions, their df.
Post ts I think most of them are now irrelevant but Oda is forcing their presence to please their fandom and his editors. His idea of having some of them die in New World was better.

I have to say that I am positively surprised by the some of them though. Like Bege, he was imo a very good character in WCI, funny, loyal, smart and sometimes a douche bag too.
I also like Apoo, who stayed true to his pre ts self and I just like his style of doing things.
The last one that I like among them is Law, I like how Oda is developing his relationship with the straw hats. They trust each other.

Aside from that, the characters that I like the most are the East Blue straw hats, they are the core of the crew.

Best villain was Doffy imo, introduced very early, well written, smart, strong, a good backstory, a fucking psychopath.

I'd scale from 0 to 5, not in order

5 (Favorite)

• Zoro
  • Jinbe
  • Luffy
  • Makino
  • Law
  • Rayleigh
  • Otama
  • Chopper
4 (Like)
  • Robin
  • Shanks
  • Rogue
  • Kaya
  • Ace
  • Sabo
  • Dragon
  • Killer
  • Franky
  • Pedro
  • Otoko
  • Bepo
3 (Neutral)
  • Nami
  • Aokiji
  • Kidd
  • Hawkins
  • Drake
  • Vista
  • Mihawk
2 (Dislike)
  • Vivi
  • Sanji
  • Hancock
  • Kizaru
  • Ivankov
1 (Hate)
  • Sengoku
  • Garp
  • Akainu
0 (I fking hate them, i would gladly kill them if i were in OP World)
  • All CP Agents
  • Celestial dragons
  • BB
  • Gorosei
  • Im
Wasted Potential : Vivi, Sanji, Hancock