Versus Battle Hunter x Hunter vs One Piece

R1: Which one is better? / R2: Which one do you enjoy more?

• Total voters
Hunter hunter was good . But i cannot understand what makes it perfect ?
I enjoy hunter hunter because hunterhunter is not mc centered manga . We can even say there are more than one mc .
Gon meeting with his father , killus sister cure gon things is very bad for me . Also , hunter hunter was written in large time scale . Two anime adaption were made .d also story is very basic . No mystery, no hype .

LOL, are you trolling?
No.

Is sad because is a high level of trolling
Nice argument. Are you sure you're not the one trolling, especially the part of Wano having great moments?

So... Someone can tag me and say "bunch of shit" of my answer, but the im putting myself in a higher position lol That's the level in this forum.
What "bunch of shit"? It's not shit to claim that a certain manga exceeds One Piece in many things, especially Post-TS, let alone Wano. The level of this forum is that people actually compare mangas - they both clearly like - at an unbiased way. I like One Piece too, yet I don't see how it is actually better than HxH, FMAB and so on. You don't like the answer? Well, that's your issue lol.

Yes, it dont have any sense. How Wano fucked up? Hahaha Wano has a lot of great things, how is that a bad arc?
Can you name me those "lots of great things"? I mean, I can show you a post which highlights the actual unresolved plot elements in Wano - and it's A LOT. See this:

You really have to ignore all the missing plot threads, the huge plot conveniences, the endless stalling of irrelevant subplots only to resolve it with different characters (why drawing how Yamato and Momo have to search for the bombs, only for Law to randomly use it against Big Mom at the end? He wasted dozens of panels of them running... What was the point?), Kaido's miserable 4 panels flashback and the lack of awakening - a Yonko crew with the Zoan theme yet even the Captain isn't awakened - the Tama bullshit (why building up the whole smile fruit armies throughout PH, DR and Zou only to render a majority of them useless by Tama?), the Flying Six battles being rushed, Jack vs Inu/Perospero vs Neko almost completely off panelled, only having 2 - 3 chapters of good battle choreography of Kaido vs Luffy or half of the strawhats being completely screwed over by Oda, to say that Wano is a good arc. It is really not. Wano is the worst arc in One Piece and it is definitely not comparable to any other arc in OP, that's how bad it is. Wano is the arc which SPLIT THE FANDOM. No other arc has ever done this. It made people legitimately QUESTION whether Oda delivers a FINAL SAGA being WORSE than the YONKO SAGA. Let that sink in.

See, I've weekly read EVERYTHING of Wano and I don't see those "great things" which makes Wano a good arc. Hell, I was giving Oda the benefit of the doubt to still deliver a satisfying ending to Wano dozens of times. I was even keeping my expectations low but well, can't do much when Oda's even surpassing your lowest expectations, lol.

I only see a lot of fanboyism in hxh, almost all the arc is a garbage wasting a lot of screentime in useless bugs that didn't even was relevant in the conclusion of the arc. Togashi waste a lot of time in that and also a stupid date of gon lol While Kite die out of screen, but thats a great story?
You talk about wasting screentime in "useless bugs" (uh, the build up of the chimera ants was crucial and Togashi freaking nailed it lmao) and wasting time while you are absolutely fine with the mess that is Wano? Then you say I am the one trolling? How can you excuse your double standards when criticizing the Chimera ant arc for the said reasons whilst turning a blind eye on Wano which has objectively done much more shit than that?

With your ""logic"" I ""objectively"" compare HxH with FT.
No, you don't. You are biased and I don't even have to prove this to you:
Yes, it dont have any sense. How Wano fucked up? Hahaha Wano has a lot of great things, how is that a bad arc?
I only see a lot of fanboyism in hxh, almost all the arc is a garbage wasting a lot of screentime in useless bugs that didn't even was relevant in the conclusion of the arc. Togashi waste a lot of time in that and also a stupid date of gon lol While Kite die out of screen, but thats a great story?
Again, I don't even have to do much.

Why do u hate wano sooo much?
See above.

He's trolling. Or maybe bad tastes, idk
If having bad tastes by criticizing a very bad arc - being easily comparable to FT FFS! - then I have to suck it in I guess, lol.

Wano arc have not finished yet and plotline chart cannot be shown . Because one piece is ongoing manga . Every question can have answer . But it is not time .
You are tooo right about character inflation in wano . I agreed so many points. . However , i enjoy sanji zoro and luffy fights and devolopment . Also oden flashback was very good. Everything cannot be good for 4 years arc . However the things that you counted dont make wano bad or shit .

Wano arc have not finished yet and plotline chart cannot be shown . Because one piece is ongoing manga . Every question can have answer . But it is not time .
You are tooo right about character inflation in wano . I agreed so many points. . However , i enjoy sanji zoro and luffy fights and devolopment . Also oden flashback was very good. Everything cannot be good for 4 years arc . However the things that you counted dont make wano bad or shit .
Well, seems like Oda will move on with his long break soon and I don't think that he can resolve many plot threads in about 2 - 3 chapters.
Tbh, Sanji vs Queen was really bad, the latter was a constant punching bag and he started using Germa techniques at the last chapter, let alone Queen being a goof and constantly messing up. King vs Zoro started decent, only to rush it at the last chapter without giving King at least CoC (we even found out that King had high ambitions staying undefeated as long as he can support Kaido) or awakening. Kaido vs Luffy had too many bland moments but started good when Luffy started using G2+G3 stacking as well as G4 (Snake Man and Bound Man). Ironically, it started going very downhills after G5 (funnily enough, G5 started of as very interesting to) and you know the rest.

Kaido was a very important antagonist who was built up for nearly 10 years. What did he get? 4 pages of FB, it's a joke man.
Oden's flashback wasn't great or terrible but the constant Oden wank in Onigashima is what got me very annoyed. It's no fun when the antagonist, a Yonko having the WSC epithet, starts wanking Oden to the stars in the middle of the battle.

Nice argument. Are you sure you're not the one trolling, especially the part of Wano having great moments?
Great, amazing, excelent moments. Is a fact, don't trolling.

What "bunch of shit"? It's not shit to claim that a certain manga exceeds One Piece in many things
I think you don't know how to read or something hahaha Other user call my answer "bunch of shit" and this is ok, but then I do the same and them i'm trolling and talking about me like if I was superior hahaha.

Can you name me those "lots of great things"? I mean, I can show you a post which highlights the actual unresolved plot elements in Wano - and it's A LOT. See this:
Yes, I already see this stupid picture hahaha is a bullshit that some haters are using to pretend that Wano was a bad arc. A lot of those things don't need to be answer in this arc, already has an answer, are nitpicking or are things that would be answered in the future. I mean "sanji germa transformation has been completly ignored ever since 1031" LOL Sanji is a character that can have development in all the rest of the manga. Why this is a problem from wano?

And this is the same with almost all this stupid points hahaha If you really need that I answer to all of them, then you need to stop trolling and read Wano.

Wano which has objectively done much more shit than that?
No. Wano and CA are arcs with almost the same amount of chapters. The difference? Wano uses his time in building a new and important island, with a lot of mysteries around the main plots in the manga and answering thigns like "How were the poneglyphs builded?", "How was the life of roger?" and even present the bases to the end of the series. Also was the conclusion to characters like Kinemon and Kaido. There were not wasted time.

Meanwhile, You can skip almost all the series and watch the CA and you can understand it perfectly. Beacuse CA don't have any effect in the future. Maybe the most important thing is the dead of Netero, but to be honest before this Netero was a plain character. So you also can watch it anyway without the rest of the series. And even in the future the existence of Meruem is more a "yeah, it happend" than a element for the story and lore.

Great moments... GOD, how can I even start? Oden's flashback has like 12301230123021321 great moments. Zoro and Sanji saving Toko. The dead of Yasuie, Kaido oneshoting Luffy, Sanji asking for Robin's help, Kin'emon and the Nine Red Scabbards attacking Kaido, Nami believing in Luffy, the moment of the Marine hunting the Shichibukais, Zoro vs King... I really have to continue? Don't be hater bro.

I'm sorry, I will no longer make valid and substantiated criticism of your favorite story.

Shhhh man:kuzanshut:,.

-
-
-
-

You don't like Wano. And thats ok, but Wano was a nice arc and have conclusions, great moments and even new mysteries. The chapter of this week confirms it! :D

Be mad if you want. Is the true... Anyway, It is a waste of my time, the good things are not for everyone. Bye!

:funky:

No.

What "bunch of shit"? It's not shit to claim that a certain manga exceeds One Piece in many things, especially Post-TS, let alone Wano. The level of this forum is that people actually compare mangas - they both clearly like - at an unbiased way. I like One Piece too, yet I don't see how it is actually better than HxH, FMAB and so on. You don't like the answer? Well, that's your issue lol.

You really have to ignore all the missing plot threads, the huge plot conveniences, the endless stalling of irrelevant subplots only to resolve it with different characters (why drawing how Yamato and Momo have to search for the bombs, only for Law to randomly use it against Big Mom at the end? He wasted dozens of panels of them running... What was the point?), Kaido's miserable 4 panels flashback and the lack of awakening - a Yonko crew with the Zoan theme yet even the Captain isn't awakened - the Tama bullshit (why building up the whole smile fruit armies throughout PH, DR and Zou only to render a majority of them useless by Tama?), the Flying Six battles being rushed, Jack vs Inu/Perospero vs Neko almost completely off panelled, only having 2 - 3 chapters of good battle choreography of Kaido vs Luffy or half of the strawhats being completely screwed over by Oda, to say that Wano is a good arc. It is really not. Wano is the worst arc in One Piece and it is definitely not comparable to any other arc in OP, that's how bad it is. Wano is the arc which SPLIT THE FANDOM. No other arc has ever done this. It made people legitimately QUESTION whether Oda delivers a FINAL SAGA being WORSE than the YONKO SAGA. Let that sink in.

See, I've weekly read EVERYTHING of Wano and I don't see those "great things" which makes Wano a good arc. Hell, I was giving Oda the benefit of the doubt to still deliver a satisfying ending to Wano dozens of times. I was even keeping my expectations low but well, can't do much when Oda's even surpassing your lowest expectations, lol.

You talk about wasting screentime in "useless bugs" (uh, the build up of the chimera ants was crucial and Togashi freaking nailed it lmao) and wasting time while you are absolutely fine with the mess that is Wano? Then you say I am the one trolling? How can you excuse your double standards when criticizing the Chimera ant arc for the said reasons whilst turning a blind eye on Wano which has objectively done much more shit than that?

Again, I don't even have to do much.

See above.

If having bad tastes by criticizing a very bad arc - being easily comparable to FT FFS! - then I have to suck it in I guess, lol.
nah am fucking done LMFAOOOOO he posted a screenshot from a known user known for trolling and used it as evidence, dear oh dear is this forum just posting opinions that were said a day ago on twitter? that youtube screenshot really lmfaooo, at the very least I thought you guys stupidity was unique but its not even an original thought

nah am fucking done LMFAOOOOO he posted a screenshot from a known user known for trolling and used it as evidence, dear oh dear is this forum just posting opinions that were said a day ago on twitter? that youtube screenshot really lmfaooo, at the very least I thought you guys stupidity was unique but its not even an original thought
I don't care about your demented rants or childish behavior, but just to get facts straight:

BurningHammer (man who came up with the list of all the questionable plot-points) isn't "known as a troll" at all. Quite the contrary tbh.

Now go on and rant to your hearts content again.

Well, seems like Oda will move on with his long break soon and I don't think that he can resolve many plot threads in about 2 - 3 chapters.
Tbh, Sanji vs Queen was really bad, the latter was a constant punching bag and he started using Germa techniques at the last chapter, let alone Queen being a goof and constantly messing up. King vs Zoro started decent, only to rush it at the last chapter without giving King at least CoC (we even found out that King had high ambitions staying undefeated as long as he can support Kaido) or awakening. Kaido vs Luffy had too many bland moments but started good when Luffy started using G2+G3 stacking as well as G4 (Snake Man and Bound Man). Ironically, it started going very downhills after G5 (funnily enough, G5 started of as very interesting to) and you know the rest.

Kaido was a very important antagonist who was built up for nearly 10 years. What did he get? 4 pages of FB, it's a joke man.
Oden's flashback wasn't great or terrible but the constant Oden wank in Onigashima is what got me very annoyed. It's no fun when the antagonist, a Yonko having the WSC epithet, starts wanking Oden to the stars in the middle of the battle.
Your expectation from fights is to see clean fight. And i can understand . Howeever , during the fights , oda tried to built up character devolopment . Like sanjis determination increasing , zoros sword understanding devolopment , luffys will . Oda has never been good pure fight drawing . But at least oda built up all power up by using previous arc case. Main antagonist have to take lots of backstory ? Apparantly , the important part of kaidos past is god valley incident . And oda dont want to tell us for now . Except that , we know how to create crew , how to come wano , why did he become enemy of wg . Points are very clear . What do you want more ?
I agreed about middle of fight wank . But oda showed that why he is wsc during the onigashima .

As i said , wano is not terrible or bad arc . Only problem is that character inflation. Oda did not overcome with this problem . And as you said so many things looks like rush . Before final saga , oda want to get rid of all worst generation plotline . So many characters was introduced by suggesting of editor (shibukai and supernovas and roofpiece ) and oda suffered from this problem in wano.

Different from you , i have some serious problem with wano. But any of them does not make wano bad . I am saying perfect .

-Plot : both plots are interesting
-Main characters :
HxH main cast is better and fleshed out well. They all feel important.
-Side characters : I'd say One Piece, although HxH side characters are all intriguing
-Villains : OP slightly better
-Character designs : depends on what you want...I like Oda's creativity even tho wano gace us the worst designs ever
-Power system
-Story arcs : Just wano alone makes me choose HxH arcs.
The greed island arc is just enjoyable and fun to watch.
-Incorporation of themes :....
-Art : Togashi art isn't that great in the manga.
-Imagery : both got amazing imaginations.
-Panelling : OP
-Originality : OP became so generic like other shonens since timeskip while HxH remains the same since it started .
-World building : easily OP
-Characterization : HxH
-Enjoyment : I can rewatch the whole of HxH but can't watch OP anymore except pre ts episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like this is a fair assessment:
-Plot - One Piece
-Main characters - HxH
-Side characters - One Piece and this isn't even close
-Villains - Both are a mixed bag really but I think there are more numerous high quality villains in One Piece
-Character designs - One Piece
-Power system - HxH by a mile
-Story arcs - bot a mixed bag but again advantage One Piece as there are more brilliant arcs
-Incorporation of themes - One Piece
-Art - Lol I hope you didnt have the HxH manga in mind - obviously One Piece for source material
-Imagery - comes under themes
-Panelling - One Piece, Oda's one of the best in the business for this
-Originality - One Piece again
-World building - One piece again
-Characterization - comes under characters already so HxH
-Enjoyment - most of the time HxH

I feel like this is a fair assessment:
-Plot - One Piece
-Main characters - HxH
-Side characters - One Piece and this isn't even close
-Villains - Both are a mixed bag really but I think there are more numerous high quality villains in One Piece
-Character designs - One Piece
-Power system - HxH by a mile
-Story arcs - bot a mixed bag but again advantage One Piece as there are more brilliant arcs
-Incorporation of themes - One Piece
-Art - Lol I hope you didnt have the HxH manga in mind - obviously One Piece for source material
-Imagery - comes under themes
-Panelling - One Piece, Oda's one of the best in the business for this
-Originality - One Piece again
-World building - One piece again
-Characterization - comes under characters already so HxH
-Enjoyment - most of the time HxH

Villains: There is not a single villain in OP that can even touch Meruem, Chrollo or Hisoka in terms of writing.

Story arcs: Once again there is not a single OP arc even close to the brilliance of Yorknew or the Chimera Ant Arc

A for the rest, fair game, you can certainly see it that way.

Villains: There is not a single villain in OP that can even touch Meruem, Chrollo or Hisoka in terms of writing.

Story arcs: Once again there is not a single OP arc even close to the brilliance of Yorknew or the Chimera Ant Arc

A for the rest, fair game, you can certainly see it that way.
You need to explain what make meruem chrolla or hisoko more special than op villain ? In terms of what ?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Pretty simple: Way more complex and nuanced, all of them pose an actual threat and both their completely different personalities alongside their actual character development is nothing any OP villain had so far.
BB, Akainu/admirals, and someone like Crocodile are/were pretty good villains

Kuma was amazing too

Meruem is awesome but I don't think all OP villains are lame or bad