Character Discussion I can't bring myself to like any of the Straw Hats post skip

Him saying he will defeat Kaido wasn't a hero moment
"Tell everyone I am defintiely going to win!" yep that sure doesn't sound like a hero moment.

Every string character inspires people in their own way, Kaido with his strength, Roger inspired Oden with his words, Oden inspired his scabbards through his actions, WB through his motivations, BB through his ambitions, etc...
that has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said. Stick to the topic.

So Luffy should just stay a fodder in the background and let others shine for you guys to like him lol.
He is the MC, after 1000 plus chapter, you'd think people would have accepted it already
that has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Stick to the topic.

The funny thing is that Oda tried to bypass not developing his main cast by instead focusing on secondary characters far more (e.g. the Scabbards). However, nobody cares about these characters because they are not the main cast that we have followed for years and they all suck majorly anyway.

We have literally had a decade of Kinemon and Momo yet barely anyone cares for these fecks.

The funny thing is that Oda tried to bypass not developing his main cast by instead focusing on secondary characters far more (e.g. the Scabbards). However, nobody cares about these characters because they are not the main cast that we have followed for years and they all suck majorly anyway.

We have literally had a decade of Kinemon and Momo yet barely anyone cares for these fecks.
Probably japanese clowns like them that s why he continue focusing on them:milaugh:
I mean that editor cried becsuse of momo speech

Ultimately, I feel like the repetitive arc structure is wearing down the quality of the story. Whereas pre-skip, you had a story intimately connected with the straw hats, post skip just doesn't seem to be that anymore. There are so many side characters that more often than not, these side characters get a bigger spotlight than our main cast.
In hindsight, I think fans are also to blame for how the story turned out. Everyone was super excited when the Rookies were introduced on Saboady. However, my first thought was how are you gonna handle that many characters alongside the main cast. Its obvious that part of the crew would have to disappear from future arcs to make place for the new one . Ironically, FI was the last arc that actually felt like One Piece because the main characters were still the driving force but did not perform well in terms of sales, and reviews.

"Tell everyone I am defintiely going to win!" yep that sure doesn't sound like a hero moment.

that has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said. Stick to the topic.

that has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Stick to the topic.
LOL, it is the topic. You are reproaching the MC to have MC moment.
I guess that "stick to the topic" means "I can't argue with that, so I'm trying to sound smart".
Stick to the topic bro

And him saying he will defeat Kaido isn't a hero moment, it just means he will defeat Kaido. An example of a hero moment would be when he stepped in in Dressrosa at the last minute after everyone started the countdown.
But then again that's no reason to make him a bad character since that's how shonen works.

LOL, it is the topic. You are reproaching the MC to have MC moment.
I guess that "stick to the topic" means "I can't argue with that, so I'm trying to sound smart".
Stick to the topic bro.
"MC to have MC moments" count how many hero moments Luffy had pretime skip compared to post time skip. Also, stick to the topic means exactly what it means. Stop diverging away from the specific topic of "hero moments" by instead talking about "characters inspirations" or "luffy being fodder so that others can shine". Those two have absolutely nothing to do with hero moments.

"MC to have MC moments" count how many hero moments Luffy had pretime skip compared to post time skip. Also, stick to the topic means exactly what it means. Stop diverging away from the specific topic of "hero moments" by instead talking about "characters inspirations" or "luffy being fodder so that others can shine". Those two have absolutely nothing to do with hero moments.
It is exactly the same. Pre ts may even have more of these so called moments.
It is you that said they were meant to inspire people by the way, all I said is that other characters also inspire people through their actions, you just don't see it as much because they're not the main character. This should be easy to understand

It is exactly the same. Pre ts may even have more of these so called moments.
Are you willing to make a wager on that?

It is you that said they were meant to inspire people by the way, all I said is that other characters also inspire people through their actions, you just don't see it as much because they're not the main character. This should be easy to understand
The topic was LUFFY! Not other characters. Like I said, stick to the topic.

The problem is that Oda almost developed all straw hats by the time they reach Saboady, which is too early. Only thing they were lacking was strength. There was no room left for Oda to develop them as a character because they have developed as a whole. They are just lacking strength to be in new world. So Oda did one thing he could do. Regressing straw hats and given more time and space to other side characters. This created a big mess. Good that at least in wano, straw hats getting their moments back. Nami moment, Robin moment etc. Each one will get their own moment. Post wano things will converge towards strawhats.

Does anyone remember when Luffy was an actual anti hero that reminded Vivi to stop being naive and idealistic when her country was on the brink of civil war? Good times, those.

Nowadays he is Pirate Jesus giving out food to starving, adoring masses, the Chosen One destined to save the world and an utter nonce who says shit like ‘even if you die, don’t die’.

I’d say maybe it’s Vivi’s turn to slap some sense into him, but she’d probably get down on her knees and blow him instead, that’s how much of a Gary Stu he’s become.

In hindsight, I think fans are also to blame for how the story turned out. Everyone was super excited when the Rookies were introduced on Saboady. However, my first thought was how are you gonna handle that many characters alongside the main cast. Its obvious that part of the crew would have to disappear from future arcs to make place for the new one . Ironically, FI was the last arc that actually felt like One Piece because the main characters were still the driving force but did not perform well in terms of sales, and reviews.
I don't think so

apart from Law, how much attention did any of the supernova get?

Does anyone remember when Luffy was an actual anti hero that reminded Vivi to stop being naive and idealistic when her country was on the brink of civil war? Good times, those.

Nowadays he is Pirate Jesus giving out food to starving, adoring masses, the Chosen One destined to save the world and an utter nonce who says shit like ‘even if you die, don’t die’.

I’d say maybe it’s Vivi’s turn to slap some sense into him, but she’d probably get down on her knees and blow him instead, that’s how much of a Gary Stu he’s become.
Yeah, pirate jesus who doesn't care about poisoning old woman, kidnapping and exploiting weak woman etc. Guess people see only what they want to see.

feel like Oda almost always fails to give them compelling story arcs. If I do look forward to a straw hat moment, its entirely because of fights. And I think that's true for most people here. When you see a zoro fan on this site, how often do they talk about zoro's character? Its almost always a wankfest of how many feats he has and how strong he is.
Isn't this complaint about the fan base/worstgen it self, agree way to many people interested in feats/power levels like when wano started it was zoro and luffy going on a small adventure though wano people saying this boring bs were the fighting yonko and epic feats, oda does do character moments but people are some much more interested into wanking their favorite character powerlevels it gets ignored.
Yeah post ts is all about feats, like whole cake island the arc about sanji's family, back story, his character, relationship with his crew and the mvp of the a brook had great character moments.
Post automatically merged:

So any time luffy says he will beat the main villain that's a hero moment (that's bad some how) so the thing he has said in most arc in one piece.