General & Others I don’t think there’s an Oni race in One Piece

I think that horned people are just humans with horns and that all the Tobi-Roppo except Drake, Moria, Kaido and Yamato are examples of this.

I can see people bringing up Kaido and his speech to Yamato about how they’re not human but I think that is something only exhibited by Kaido but no other horned person did this, I think the reason for this is that he’s just insanely strong that he’s not considered human anymore sorta deal

Big mom mentioned three races not in her crew and that would be the Buccaneers, Lunarians and the Giants

big mom has one or two kids with horns i think. they dont look exactly like kaidos though.

D: Sometimes, we see the appearance of humans and giants with horn like things, but in this world, are horns basically something sorta like buck teeth? P.N. Wozapomu
O: Yep, they're there. Guys that look unbelievably non-human here and there. Well, I guess. Don't think much about those traits. I look forward on drawing more and more interesting faces.
Post automatically merged:

The Tobi Roppo wore cosmetics, we were told that in an SBS.

Kaido and Yamato are the only ones born with horns and said to be onis.

Edit: Moria is out there too, but his horns aren't exactly the weirdest part with him.
which sbs? newer one i guess

Edit: Moria is out there too, but his horns aren't exactly the weirdest part with him.

I thought it was only the lower underlings like Gifters that wore fake horns.
Tobi Roppo had horns since they were kids and you can see some attached to the skin here.

just checked, there actually isnt ANY mention of the Tobi Roppo horns being cosmetic, but they ARE for the Gifters/Pleasures

on the contrary, Oda drew them with horns even as children, implying that they might have possibly been born with it?

just checked, there actually isnt ANY mention of the Tobi Roppo horns being cosmetic, but they ARE for the Gifters/Pleasures

on the contrary, Oda drew them with horns even as children, implying that they might have possibly been born with it?
If they are born with horns, it'd be even weirder for Sasaki, a "unicorn fishman" with two horns.

So either they're all part Onis and all of them just happened to end on the same crew and rank, or for some reason they liked to wear cosmetic horns as children and continued to wear them all the way up to joining the crew (similarly as much of a coincidence as having all prehistoric zoans end up on the same crew).

Either explanation is random even for One Piece's standards.

If they are born with horns, it'd be even weirder for Sasaki, a "unicorn fishman" with two horns.

So either they're all part Onis and all of them just happened to end on the same crew and rank, or for some reason they liked to wear cosmetic horns as children and continued to wear them all the way up to joining the crew (similarly as much of a coincidence as having all prehistoric zoans end up on the same crew).

"Just happen to"
It's more likely Kaidou found them during some event where Onis were being hunted and threatened with extinction, and they chose to serve him as it was their best option.

Why isn't "Humans just have horns in One Piece" one of the explanation?
As you know, stated in an SBS by Oda.

There should of been an Oni race instead of the buccaneers race ngl.
That would explain why Kaido didn't like humans and want to rule them with a iron fist and say Yamato can't have human friends.

Hannibal has horns too, the new warden of impel down..

True. Personally speaking though, I don't think there's an actual legitimate "Oni" race, but rather a mix/breed of other races into one.

Much like how the recently revealed Buccaneer race is that of humans WITH blood of giants, what if "Onis" are just humans BUT with the blood of ANCIENT giants? (i.e Oars, Oars Jr, etc...) it would explain their strength and massive horns.

It could also be an extremely rare occurrence/case for a breed like this to be birthed, which is why there isn't any documented race regarding it.

Its not that they're extinct, its just that they barely/rarely exist in the first place... hence why Big Mom never accounted for them when she said there were 3 races missing in her land (which as @S.W317 said above, are obviously Buccaneers, Lunarians, and Giants).

True. Personally speaking though, I don't think there's an actual legitimate "Oni" race, but rather a mix/breed of other races into one.

Much like how the recently revealed Buccaneer race is that of humans WITH blood of giants, what if "Onis" are just humans BUT with the blood of ANCIENT giants? (i.e Oars, Oars Jr, etc...) it would explain their strength and massive horns.

It could also be an extremely rare occurrence/case for a breed like this to be birthed, which is why there isn't any documented race regarding it.

Its not that they're extinct, its just that they barely/rarely exist in the first place... hence why Big Mom never accounted for them when she said there were 3 races missing in her land (which as @S.W317 said above, are obviously Buccaneers, Lunarians, and Giants).

But if Buccaneers, who are hybrids of humans and giants, are counted as a race, why not Onis?
Both are supposedly just mixes of giants and humans, so they should both be races.
And Idk why Big Mom wouldn't know about it if she literally had a crewmate who was one years ago.

Makes me wish Oda dove deeper on how his crew was formed. We saw it with Doffy, and BMs was simple (they are her kids), but we never get to see how he assembled his own.

big mom has one or two kids with horns i think. they dont look exactly like kaidos though.

D: Sometimes, we see the appearance of humans and giants with horn like things, but in this world, are horns basically something sorta like buck teeth? P.N. Wozapomu
O: Yep, they're there. Guys that look unbelievably non-human here and there. Well, I guess. Don't think much about those traits. I look forward on drawing more and more interesting faces.
Post automatically merged:

if Oars was the original giant race, then the new human like giants are a bastardization of the original ones

Which type of giant was JoyBoy? Oars like or human like?