Chapter Discussion "I got Something to Look Forward" [CH1031]

what did Zoro mean

• Total voters
This is a moment that would have hit a lot harder if Oda had actually put Zoro in WCI so he could have even an inkling of what the hell Sanji was talking about.

As it is from his perspective Sanji has randomly phoned him, asked him to kill him after the fight and Zoro’s just went “yeah sure, sounds great you weirdo” with no idea what the fuck is going on.
No dude. Zoro wouldn't go against Luffy's will about forgiving Sanji. Sanji did what he did because he had his motives. He was dumb but he had reasons for doing that. Zoro would understand and respect that.

Zoro does not care about Lanji:arnoling: i heard that the chef was the bestest character ever but his needy tards seem unable to go by unless some other character validates him:denzimote:
Many Sanji fans happen to believe that Sanji lives rent free in Zoro's head but instead Zoro most likely can't care less.
Since you're such fans of Zoro maybe you should understand the character before sharing nonsense. Sanji doesn't live "rent free" in his head but they both care about each other a lot, and I don't even need to defend my opinion because Oda has made it blatantly obvious, to the point Zoro's tsundere attitude has been explicitly stressed twice that I recall:

I mean, I know most of you aren't the brightest here (Finalbeta seems a bit more educated than your average cultist around here, at least), but it amazes me how easily you assume someone is a Sanji fan (which I'm not) as soon as they point out the, on the other hand, obvious way Oda writes these two relationship as your archetypical pair of frenemies.

If this ends up being the proper reading of the scene and Zoro was indeed saying he's looking forward the moment to kill Sanji, it's clear as day that he's just playing his "couldn't care less" facade that falls apart as soon as more emotional and empathetic people (Sanji and especially Luffy) see through it.

It's really funny, for real: pretty much everybody in-verse mocks at Zoro on his attitude towards Sanji (Nami treating him like a kid with the "t-then I'm like 2000 men!" moment, Luffy laughing at him since he notices with ease he's worried, etc.) but you guys take it as serious stuff? Am I missing something or are you really so unable to understand a drawn story for teens?

thats not the answer
either zoro kills sanji or zoro kills Kaido
keep your headcanon lmfao
My "hadcanon" is just an interpretation of the scene. Zoro can do both, just like dumbasses where saying that Zoro wouldn't fight King because he had to kill Kaido as if those two were excluding. Zoro can defeat King, deal with Sanji's conflict if required and kill Kaido, and if the situation happens in which he has to decide between killing Sanji or Kaido I'm pretty convinced he will prefer to help a crewmate on his own request than slashing a bad guy he just met.

Last edited:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
we know ZKK soon more like 10 chapters left for it, but what is the last chapter zoro meant to be

I got something to look forward after this so
dont die untill that or something

what did he mean
He need to Kill Kaido after fight with king or
He need to Kill Sanji after fight with King
Or Translate is wrong
Killing Kaido isn't something Zoro is actively thinking about right now, imo. He's entrusted the task of defeating Kaido to Luffy. When he kills him it'll likely be out of response to a situation and not necessarily premeditated.

Zoro said what he said to appear callous to Sanji like he usually is to reassure Sanji who was acting strange.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Zoro is likely full fledged and hell bent on killing Kaido, of course I don't expect it to be his only conscious thought at the moment. He is taking on King and left Kaido in Luffy's hands for now although still almost certainly bent on offing him.

This is a moment that would have hit a lot harder if Oda had actually put Zoro in WCI so he could have even an inkling of what the hell Sanji was talking about.

As it is from his perspective Sanji has randomly phoned him, asked him to kill him after the fight and Zoro’s just went “yeah sure, sounds great you weirdo” with no idea what the fuck is going on.
Zoro kills wci sanji obviously

No dude. Zoro wouldn't go against Luffy's will about forgiving Sanji. Sanji did what he did because he had his motives. He was dumb but he had reasons for doing that. Zoro would understand and respect that.
Lol people really dont know who tf Zoro is

Zoro the one who interfiered And said to luffy shut the fuck up and Dont dare to invite ussop again because he just "insulted" luffy the man zoro call as his captain

imagine if zoro sees Sanji kicking his captain

if luffy said to dont interfier then Zoro will Kill luffy and Sanji both and Left the Crew.

I think Zoro understands Sanji enough to realize when something is wrong. He already knows that something weird is happening to Sanji's body, and it was causing him distress.

I think Zoro not knowing the full story, yet understanding something is going on, plays out much better in regards to their character connection. Even though the two are mainly bickering whenever they do interact, they seem to be able to understand one another in very few words.

Since you're such fans of Zoro maybe you should understand the character before sharing nonsense. Sanji doesn't live "rent free" in his head but they both care about each other a lot, and I don't even need to defend my opinion because Oda has made it blatantly obvious, to the point Zoro's tsundere attitude has been explicitly stressed twice that I recall:

I mean, I know most of you aren't the brightest here (Finalbeta seems a bit more educated than your average cultist around here, at least), but it amazes me how easily you assume someone is a Sanji fan (which I'm not) as soon as they point out the, on the other hand, obvious way Oda writes these two relationship as your archetypical pair of frenemies.

If this ends up being the proper reading of the scene and Zoro was indeed saying he's looking forward the moment to kill Sanji, it's clear as day that he's just playing his "couldn't care less" facade that falls apart as soon as more emotional and empathetic people (Sanji and especially Luffy) see through it.

It's really funny, for real: pretty much everybody in-verse mocks at Zoro on his attitude towards Sanji (Nami treating him like a kid with the "t-then I'm like 2000 men!" moment, Luffy laughing at him since he notices with ease he's worried, etc.) but you guys take it as serious stuff? Am I missing something or are you really so unable to understand a drawn story for teens?

My "hadcanon" is just an interpretation of the scene. Zoro can do both, just like dumbasses where saying that Zoro wouldn't fight King because he had to kill Kaido as if those two were excluding. Zoro can defeat King, deal with Sanji's conflict if required and kill Kaido, and if the situation happens in which he has to decide between killing Sanji or Kaido I'm pretty convinced he will prefer to help a crewmate on his own request than slashing a bad guy he just met.
Thank you, people cant understand the sudle writing he does ,its seems some fans need to be told direct to understand oda sudle writing, if people really think zoro will kill sanji with no hesitation they have no right to call oda shit writer anymore because they dont see the basic character writing for sanji and zoro.

Thank you, people cant understand the sudle writing he does ,its seems some fans need to be told direct to understand oda sudle writing, if people really think zoro will kill sanji with no hesitation they have no right to call oda shit writer anymore because they dont see the basic character writing for sanji and zoro.
The worst part is that nothing in One Piece is subtle (let's be real, we aren't reading a deep piece of literature for educated minds) yet they fail to understand the basics of their beloved character. I mean, some of them truly seem to believe Zoro doesn't care about Sanji and that he would kill him with no hesitation as if they aren't family...! They even think Zoro wouldn't understand him in Whole Cake Island the same way Luffy did and he'd instead try to kill him for real, almost like they missed Jaya's dynamics. Just imagine being dumber than a cartoon character for teens, it's sad to see their posts.

How these guys can function in real life is still beyond my understanding; they are intellectual brutes.

Classic retarted logic of many Anti Zoros :/

Did anybody even mention such argument in this whole thread or it's just another example of the classic desperate attempt at belittling any position slightly threatening to the Zoro cult?
Zoro and Sanji are Wings therefore eQuAl iN StRenGtH :vistalaugh::ronalaugh::cr7::willsmith:
How wouldn't this feel like a cornered mouse trying some desperate reaffirmation of Zoro's strength in a thread mainly focused on his personality and relationship with Sanji?

The worst part is that nothing in One Piece is subtle (let's be real, we aren't reading a deep piece of literature for educated minds) yet they fail to understand the basics of their beloved character. I mean, some of them truly seem to believe Zoro doesn't care about Sanji and that he would kill him with no hesitation as if they aren't family...! They even think Zoro wouldn't understand him in Whole Cake Island the same way Luffy did and he'd instead try to kill him for real, almost like they missed Jaya's dynamics. Just imagine being dumber than a cartoon character for teens, it's sad to see their posts.

How these guys can function in real life is still beyond my understanding; they are intellectual brutes.
okay maybe its not subtle but sometimes it seems they need a character explan everything that oda doesnt say out loud, its like they need a character to explain whar kind relationship zoro and sanji.
It feels like they read one piece only once remeber only big moments of the arc ( alot of it is fights) forget the small things , like everytime someone says zoro serious badass with no light moments.

okay maybe its not subtle but sometimes it seems they need a character explan everything that oda doesnt say out loud, its like they need a character to explain whar kind relationship zoro and sanji.
It feels like they read one piece only once remeber only big moments of the arc ( alot of it is fights) forget the small things , like everytime someone says zoro serious badass with no light moments.
They are just, let's say... dense; and you will easily notice it because most of them express themselves like aggressive brutes that are suffocating themselves while trying to tip some lines of text (usually with basic spelling and grammatical mistakes). The relationship between Zoro and Sanji follows a common trope to write two conflicting yet close characters —so common that is even parodied in freaking Phineas and Ferb:

When a cartoon show for kids made by Disney Channel gets it easier than you do it's time to rethink your life. As I said, the problem here isn't that Oda is too subtle but that they would shit their pants the moment they tried with some proper, elaborated literature.