General & Others I understand why One Piece is so good now.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
For the longest time I avoided One Piece because of the sheer amount of content to get through + I was a little put off by the unique characters styles.

For 2 months I’ve devoted time to watching it because I kept hearing how amazing it is. I figured I just better try it and decide for myself.

I’m on episode 166 now and I fucking love it. Just pure adventure in this show and it makes me feel like I’m going on a journey with them. Not to mention the character styles have grown on me and I love them. Everyone’s relationship together is refreshing and it’s honestly a joy to watch how everyone interacts with each other.

All this to say I was dumb to judge it so harshly before. I’m not even intimidated by the amount of episodes anymore, just glad I get more to watch and I know the adventure won’t stop soon.
When post timeskip starts you should drop the anime and pick up the manga.

The pace goes from around 1.5 chapters per episode to under 0.8 chaps per episode. Not only that the art and animation takes a hit, it's unbearable.

For the longest time I avoided One Piece because of the sheer amount of content to get through + I was a little put off by the unique characters styles.

For 2 months I’ve devoted time to watching it because I kept hearing how amazing it is. I figured I just better try it and decide for myself.

I’m on episode 166 now and I fucking love it. Just pure adventure in this show and it makes me feel like I’m going on a journey with them. Not to mention the character styles have grown on me and I love them. Everyone’s relationship together is refreshing and it’s honestly a joy to watch how everyone interacts with each other.

All this to say I was dumb to judge it so harshly before. I’m not even intimidated by the amount of episodes anymore, just glad I get more to watch and I know the adventure won’t stop soon.
Your post reminds me of good old days of watching the series for the first time. You are in Skypea arc now. Trust me it will reach much greater heights within a hundred episodes. Dont worry about post-timeskip for now. Enjoy the ride.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern

Literally me when I was younger.

Keep watching mate.:kata:Make sure to read the manga from chapter 1 so you can compare it to the anime and you wouldn't miss any content that got missing from the anime.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope

Enjoy it. It's really something else.
:cheers:

Rej

Year of the black beard!
People that tell new people to not watch it because it becomes bad are utter trash and belong in the gutter. Let people make their own experiences and dont force your will or opinion on them. Fucking fashists.
Sadly the One Piece fandom is full of fashists that only tell bullshit to new fans.

@OT: you are on the wrong forum as a new watcher. This is an anti-One Piece forum and I hope this fact isn't turning you off from keeping on to watch. This is just a minority and I hope you dont listen to this fucking fashistic minority. The show is goated and still will be after 1000 episodes.

Seeing here people shoving their opinions (biases) on a new watcher is sad and pathetic. They are so insecure about the fact of being a (annoyingly vocal) minority that they try to mold and influence whoever is catching up in advance.
@neager543 Don’t listen to these clowns and enjoy the ride.

You will binge it for some episodes....then a time comes... when you start skipping and fast-forwarding stuff...then you become one of the addicts of this forum waiting for spoilers and getting disappointed. Enjoy while its good.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!

Glad you're enjoying it brotha

Don't listen to other people telling you to drop it and shit like that. As long as ur having fun with it keep going and formulate your authentic opinion.

In your personal opinion.

However plenty of new readers/viewers have read the 7 arcs so far post ts. That's enough arcs to compare to the two.

Most say pre ts was better even 7 arcs into the post ts. All immediately available to them. So your answer is bad and doesn't apply to the majority

Im a weekly reader since chapter 500 and my favorite arc was WCI so…