Powers & Abilities If kuma transfered lofy's pains to Sanji instead of Zoro........

Considering Kuma's objective was to test Zoro, and not actually kill him, yes. He gave him enough of the pain to push him to the brink of death, but not actually kill him.

He'd have done the same no matter which Straw Hat stepped up to take that pain. The level of pain in which he gave them would have varied.
I have to disagree here. The level of pain doesn't vary at all, since he took out every bit of damage, exhaustion, pain out of luffy. Thats why luffy was able to move so lightly after he woke up. Sanji simply wouldn't have survived it. Even nami says that zoro is the toughest crew member out of all members. If Sanji would have survived due to plot Oda would have chosen Sanji to take on luffys damage together with zoro. There was no way for Sanji to survive it, Oda knew it, Zoro knew it. Zoro even himself wasn't sure to survive that, but he'd rather sacrifice himself than let one of his best friends die. Thats why he knocked out Sanji. That was a clear statement of Oda that Sanji would have died for sure if he took on that instead of Zoro.

Zoro taking it means that Sanji had no "plot armor."

And narratively speaking, Zoro's tradition is performing while compromised. Which made that such a big deal. Mihawk and Kuma were impossible to beat pre timeskip for any Straw Hat, so they were able to push him that far. Sanji pre timeskip couldn't beat Gin "due to damage from Pearl" or post timeskip can't beat a Doflamingo subordinate "due to damage from Caesar" so there's your difference.

T

Tyronejenkins

If Oda were to draw Sanji taking the pain, Sanji would survive. It's not like One Piece is logically consistent. Plot armor would save Sanji.

However it made more sense for Zoro to take the pain to highlight the lame and overused trope of "Zoro badass" which is an easy way to provide quality nuts for a good chunk of one piece fans.

If Oda were to draw Sanji taking the pain, Sanji would survive. It's not like One Piece is logically consistent. Plot armor would save Sanji.

However it made more sense for Zoro to take the pain to highlight the lame and overused trope of "Zoro badass" which is an easy way to provide quality nuts for a good chunk of one piece fans.
I sense dangerous amount of hyper Copium in the air, be careful mate you are about to overdose! :ihaha:

Look at it like this sanji took way more damge than zoro during thriller bark & yet he still was able to get up from kuma shock wave along with zoro only when zoro took luffy pain his damage surpass sanji but I have to because of thea amount of damage sanji during all those fights plus kuma attack I don't think he would have been able to take luffy's pain & I guess zoto knew this; that's why he was able to knock sanji out but zoro could have taking it because he relatively was fine during thriller with much less damage but if sanji did take as much damage he would be able to take luffy pain

Considering Kuma's objective was to test Zoro, and not actually kill him, yes. He gave him enough of the pain to push him to the brink of death, but not actually kill him.

He'd have done the same no matter which Straw Hat stepped up to take that pain. The level of pain in which he gave them would have varied.
damage control
zoro was already on brink of death before he took the pain
Post automatically merged:

Man, I wish Kuma give the bubble to both Zoro and Sanji. Both the Wings taking Luffy's pain would be a major development for them. And Sanji wouldn't get shitted on as much as today.
u stan sanji and riboku 2 shit characters :kobeha:
zoro is built different that s why he took the pain
that s why oda said don t talk ill of zoro
that s why zoro is oda s fav
u just on the wrong side :jordanmf:

Last edited: