Questions & Mysteries If One Piece ever did a spin-off OVA, what would you like to see?

Not another crew, we already have decades of SH, Oda would do something very similair to that, better try to see something new instead of the same soup.

And I would like to see something more mature in themes (but that will never happen).

So something I could enjoy... Mihawk's rise from nothing to WSS, it would be something like One punch man after Shanks loses his arm.

Akainu, his rise, and how he developed his concept of justice (can see his grudges for pirates are caused by some heavy loss).

Moria's story (even if I hope for a good ending).

Anyway the possibilities are endless with all the interesting side characters that exist in OP (litterally several hundreds), but most likely if this ever happen (and in any case it will be a lot of years from now) it will probably be the son of Luffy, Shank's or something on these lines and it will be another OP story (see Boruto and the likes).

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Didn’t read the thread, but I agree with anyone who said they want the backstory and misadventures of the Revolutionaries...however they tie into the main story going forward, there’s a lot we won’t get about their early activities that could be REALLY interesting.

EDIT: After reading the thread, I’m the only one who wants to see Dragon, Ivankov, Kuma, Sabo and Koala take down entire nations through revolution?! :kriwhat:

A spin off involving the Old Gen era through the point of view of Edward Newgate aka Whitebeard, would definitely be something I would want to see.

Whitebeard is so kind, good natured, loving and down to earth that he is absolutely 100% fantastic protagonist material. It would take Alex Kurtzman levels of incompetence to screw his character up.

We can see how young Whitebeard escaped his life of poverty, joined the Rocks Pirates, met Roger, came to create his crew and how he met each of his sons.

The premise is that of a simple but ultimately endearing and heartwarming story about the rise of one the most iconic and respected characters in One Piece, if not all of manga/anime.