If someone were to visit your country what would you reccomend them to see/try?

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
Like the title suggests, I'm curious to see what your personal picks for places to go and visit in your country would be.
You know what they say, you can go look at tourist sites and whatever, but most often the locals have the knowledge that the rest don't have!

I suppose in fairness to begin I can start with myself and my Country!
I'm from Norway, and I think Norway has a lot to offer, but maybe not for everyone. The thing is Norway is got a fairly small population, even smaller than some big cities around the world, so it's safe to say it's not really buzzing with people everywhere. It's a quiet country with a lot of nature, but the nature here is rivaled by few. And as such, I think you will get the most of a visit here if you're into enjoying what nature has to offer!
That being said, there are still things to see and do in the cities as well, but I wouldn't want to give you the expectations that there are anything extraordinary here! And well, I can't say I know every place in my country either.

I think the region/ area I would most reccomend to go to would be the Northern parts of Norway, namely Troms/ Finnmark. In the winter this is where you'll get to see the Northern lights! The people in this part of Norway is really nice and more hospitable than the rest I find it..

And for my local area, I don't think there are too many cool attractions, but I would say Stiklestad is a fairly cool place, there is a well preserved Viking-age city over there, and in the summer (at least before covid) there used to be a play there every year. Stiklestad is also where a really historical fight took place, and that's why it's an important landmark for both Norway and History. This was where the Holy King of Norway fell in battle, and really where Christianity took over as the national religion.

I think the region/ area I would most reccomend to go to would be the Northern parts of Norway, namely Troms/ Finnmark. In the winter this is where you'll get to see the Northern lights! The people in this part of Norway is really nice and more hospitable than the rest I find it..
Tbh I wont recommend any casual tourist to visit northern Norway during winter. Driving can be really challenging and if someone gets stuck in a such a less populated area, things can be really problematic. For Northern lights, I would recommend Finnish Lapland over Norway.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
Tbh I wont recommend any casual tourist to visit northern Norway during winter. Driving can be really challenging and if someone gets stuck in a such a less populated area, things can be really problematic. For Northern lights, I would recommend Finnish Lapland over Norway.
I mean, Tromsø is pretty alright, there's a lot of public transport available there, and there are guided northern lights hunters which you can tag along with. But I suppose it all depends.
Iceland is also very famous for the Northern Lights.

I've not been to Finland, or lapland for that matter, so I can't say for sure but. I don't think it's that bad here, haha.
But even if not for the Northern lights, I think north of norway is stunning just by itself. It's a sight to behold.

I mean, Tromsø is pretty alright, there's a lot of public transport available there, and there are guided northern lights hunters which you can tag along with. But I suppose it all depends.
Iceland is also very famous for the Northern Lights.

I've not been to Finland, or lapland for that matter, so I can't say for sure but. I don't think it's that bad here, haha.
But even if not for the Northern lights, I think north of norway is stunning just by itself. It's a sight to behold.
Definitely, its one of the most beautiful places on earth, way more beautiful than Finnish Lapland. But I was talking about convenience. I have been there three times (Lofoten, Nordkapp, Senja, and other places) and all during summer. Even then I found driving slightly challenging.