Anime Discussion If You Could Rewatch a Series Fresh

D

Dragomir

So, have you ever watched an anime that really blew you away when you watched it the first time through? Those animes that you wish you could rewatch with a fresh mind not knowing anything so you could experience that feeling you had watching it the first time yet again? If you know what I'm talking about, share those here!

For me, a couple of animes that I'd love to rewatch fresh would Hunter x Hunter, Naruto, and Death Note. With HxH, it utterly wowed me away as I watched. From the voice acting to the animation and art style, to the way the plot played out, it was really great. The anime hard carries the entire series. If it was just the manga, imo, it would not be as considered great as it is perceived to be by many fans.

Naruto, in particular, didn't exactly blow me away as HxH did but it's just so nostalgic to me where I find myself rewatching it over and over again. I'm specifically talking about part 1 and not Shippuden. It had some very enjoyable arcs for me that keeps me coming back to see it once more. Specifically Land of Waves is my favorite arc in all of Naruto even though that's like the first arc of the story.

Lastly, Death Note. It's an absolute thriller. The back and forth 4D chess game between Light and L was something special to watch. It had me glued to my screen the whole time. It was simply a spectacle. I've never seen two characters make me feel like an utter dumbass before.

Now, these aren't necessarily my favorite animes. They're up there but I'd personally rank Code Geass Fullmetal Alchemist, and JoJo above Death Note and Naruto in my favs list.

D

Dragomir

Attack On Titan I would say. I wasn’t expecting it to be that good the first time I watched it. I ended up accidently spoiling myself about the basement reveal and had to catch up with the manga but the first two seasons were enjoyable.

I’ve heard a lot about Code Geass, maybe I should peep that.
You haven't watched CG? Do it! You're missing out on the Lelouch greatness.

Attack On Titan I would say. I wasn’t expecting it to be that good the first time I watched it. I ended up accidently spoiling myself about the basement reveal and had to catch up with the manga but the first two seasons were enjoyable.

I’ve heard a lot about Code Geass, maybe I should peep that.
Definitely try Code Geass.

And wow, actually I would love seeing AOT too. At the time when it was out it scared the shit out of me, I think I had nightmares :milaugh:
Now I'd probably enjoy it more.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Well not a series exactly but Your Name, it's the best anime movie I've ever seen. It blew me away.

If we're strictly talking about series then One Piece lol, pre timeskip was legendary. I would love to reread the whole thing without knowing what's next.

Other picks would be Attack on Titan (been watching this series for 7~8 years now, would love to binge it) and Mob Psycho (the humour was good on first watch but it gets boring when you know what's coming up)