Powers & Abilities Implications that Zoro has had conscious access to basic Conqueror's Haki, and the rooftop variant is the next power-up

Up to the very latest released chapter of the Manga, which at this point is Chapter 1019, Zoro has yet to make a single conscious usage of Conquerors Haki.

Conscious usage implies Zoro is aware that he has it and decides to use it for a certain purpose expecting certain results.

Even the filler anime scene plays into that notion, with Zoro thinking those beast pirates have had too much to drink.

The very first moment Zoro is made aware of the fact that he might have it was when Kaido said so.

All of the above is factual and not up to debate honestly. Just posting it for that reason and you guys can continue to have fun discussing this as an excercise to see wether you can convince others otherwise with the arguments brought up in this thread :super:

The very first moment Zoro is made aware of the fact that he might have it was when Kaido said so.
This is factual only if we assume that the CoC that Zoro utilized on rooftop was regular burst of it. Which is a perfectly okay assumption, tbh.

Though there have been several fairly solid implications of Zoro not using the basic variant at all. Kaido's shocked reaction as well as Zoro being unaware of it despite witnessing CoC first-hand countless times, all while knowing that the Haki is question is, in fact, Conqueror's.

If Zoro utilized some sort of subconscious advanced variant up there, then his "I don't know what you're talking about" reaction makes perfect sense even if he knows basic version. In that case, he didn't use basic version as it's pointless for combat, so he's confused at why Kaido even brings it up so shocked.

Anyhow, if he DOES have proper control over the passive burst, then I reckon Oda would just have him use it after he gets up to knock down some fodders here or there.

This is factual only if we assume that the CoC that Zoro utilized on rooftop was regular burst of it. Which is a perfectly okay assumption, tbh.

Though there have been several fairly solid implications of Zoro not using the basic variant at all. Kaido's shocked reaction as well as Zoro being unaware of it despite witnessing CoC first-hand countless times, all while knowing that the Haki is question is, in fact, Conqueror's.

If Zoro utilized some sort of subconscious advanced variant up there, then his "I don't know what you're talking about" reaction makes perfect sense even if he knows basic version. In that case, he didn't use basic version as it's pointless for combat, so he's confused at why Kaido even brings it up so shocked.

Anyhow, if he DOES have proper control over the passive burst, then I reckon Oda would just have him use it after he gets up to knock down some fodders here or there.
Either way, Zoro was unaware that he had CoC before that point, and has made no conscious usage of it up to the current latest manga chapter.

Now that he's made aware, he can try to make use of it and get certain results. If what he did on the roof was something more unique he can also try to dig into that and master it going forward.

It's kind of funny that it seemed with Luffy that he just had to be told that he could use Haki for his attacks to start to do it. Which makes it odd that Rayleigh did not tell him about that previously, as it was presented as a revelation for Luffy on the roof that it's something that he could try to do.

So having that information with Luffy, any of his friends unlocking CoC might have a much easier path towards beginning to make use of it in combat, with various degrees of success.

There's sadly no strong evidence about Zoro featuring base CoC yet but it's pretty much in the realm of possible assuming Oda deems it a good move. Zoro looks already so powerful the way he is I guess.
The normal CoC burst is close to us, I expect Zoro to use said CoC burst to knock out some enemies.

The normal CoC burst is close to us, I expect Zoro to use said CoC burst to knock out some enemies.
I think Brook's reaction makes me much more confident on him possessing at least the basic haki burst . About ACoC it's still pretty much open around the matter of ACoC whether or not precisely corresponding to Asura.

Toei: *shows Sanji defeating Drake and other stuff*

Zolofans: "NOT CANON. U NEED TO USE FILLERS FOR UR HEADCANON"

Also zolofans: "let's use anime to prove my headcanon about Zoro having adv. Coc, that's even better because if Sanji unlocks CoC we're gonna say that Zoro and Luffy are the only ones with adv. Coc and that the cook will never achieve it.

Also zolofans: "let's use anime to prove my headcanon about Zoro having adv. Coc, that's even better because if Sanji unlocks CoC we're gonna say that Zoro and Luffy are the only ones with adv. Coc and that the cook will never achieve it.
I've realized something about those of you coming with same statement as one written above.

You guys don't read anything past the first line. Or hell, maybe even the title?

And you guys either don't understand the meaning of "inspired", or simply... I don't even know at this point, man. Saying stuff like room temperature IQ is harsh but that's what it seems like.

The post has nothing to do with the anime stuff other than the scene bringing the idea up in my head (thus, inspired)- which made me go through Manga to see if there are indications that such might be possible. The argument is solely based off of what's within manga and nothing else.

What's this post got to do with Sanji, btw?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

Zoro used acoc in the manga.
Cry more.

Not me personally.

Defeating Drake vs Temporarily knocking him out are 2 different things lol

Zoro can be unaware that he has CoC while still being able to perform a CoC infused attack.
All thanks to Enma.

Enma's power is to exude the wielder's Ryuo (or simply Haki) on its own.
If Zoro unconsciously used CoC while allowing Enma to take his Haki, then it's fine to say Enma took his CoC.
I think it's a fine guess.

Here, instead of taking CoA, you can say it took CoC.

Enma is likely merely a training tool I guess.

If forces the user to exude all of their haki which grants them a bigger power until they can control that power and the arm turns normal and the training to do that is what boosts their power level. Zoro's arm has proven consistently normal and he might have even mastered Enma independently at this stage.

Even if he used CoC unconsciously I guess Enma probably didn't absorb anything.