Improving Discussions, less toxicity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bashing characters breeds toxicity because some people here are very passionate and take offense to it.
But I'm one of these people. I quickly get passionate and take offense but I also never resort to name calling or personal insults.

As far as I can tell these two things aren't a cause and effect type thing. One can exist without the other. The people prone to personal attacks and such are just that. It's not because they got passionate. They are just disrespectful people plain and simple.

Besides, heated arguments are the bread and butter of the site itself.

I mean it would really just be better to specifically remove the or people who do resort to these things than literally banning topics themselves just because they can possibly lead to these things

Last edited:
@Sievas I get where you're coming from, Now A lot of dudes already gave their opnions on this matter, I will give you an advice.
My old man Once told me this "Don't aim for changing a community, rather adapt yourself to fit in"
Now, i'm not telling you to get involved in the insult game/flame baiting & bashing up people, instead, use a safe method to do your things ... for example when you give your opinion about a certain chapter, I encourage you to tag people whom opinions makes you interested ... That's time & quality efficent.

One time I gave my opinion on a certain chapter where Oda basically put a red carpet for Yamato to go super friendly with Luffy/other SH. which imo was ridiculous. I crtisiced Oda for that and a random dude tried to get on my nerves saying things like "I don't believe how dumb people can be" and "you need to piece your brain parts back together" and such stuff.

Of course I had already tagged few of the members that I'm interested in hearing their opinion on my post, and I already knew this thing is keen to happen in online forums so I was prepared to reply to him, told him i'm not interetsed in his opinion as I obviously didn't tag him in my post (it was legit our first encounter on the forum, yet he finds it OK to knock on people's doors & call them straight up dumb) also, I warned him I'm fully aware of the flame baiting he's trying to do and Made it clear I don't want him to reply to me anymore and he should just move on or else he's being reported and obviously I was gonna win the case.

There some cool headed people out here man, reach out for them.
Dicks are always gonna be Dicks (sorry for lack of proper terminology) so you might as well get used to adapt yourself accordingly, don't miss the fun you could get here because of some Classless Rude individuals.

Y’all are really letting this shit spill over into this thread now...

Here’s an idea - we make a section of this forum SPECIFICALLY for shit talking, powerscaling (not like the Battledome with specific matchups, you can say whatever you want about any characters), general trolling/baiting, and discussing the spoilers with the usual spot in the Manga section remaining where it is. This section would only accessible by choice or actions, meaning you either have to request permission to be there or will be allowed to post in the same based on your normal behavior. You guys can rip each other’s heads off about the same trite bullshit every week, walk the same well-trod ground you fuckers love to traverse, and the rest of us get our fun discussion threads back. How’s that sound??

Exactly!!! I don't want anyone banned really, unless they are way out of line. Like I said, create a Powerscale thread with a caption of"enter at your own risk" and have at it! Have a debate thread if you wish, and trash talk all you want, just STOP HIJACKING about stuff that has NOTHING to do with the thread topic.

How did my thread suddenly become active again? Did something happen?

@Sievas I get where you're coming from, Now A lot of dudes already gave their opnions on this matter, I will give you an advice.
My old man Once told me this "Don't aim for changing a community, rather adapt yourself to fit in"
Now, i'm not telling you to get involved in the insult game/flame baiting & bashing up people, instead, use a safe method to do your things ... for example when you give your opinion about a certain chapter, I encourage you to tag people whom opinions makes you interested ... That's time & quality efficent.

One time I gave my opinion on a certain chapter where Oda basically put a red carpet for Yamato to go super friendly with Luffy/other SH. which imo was ridiculous. I crtisiced Oda for that and a random dude tried to get on my nerves saying things like "I don't believe how dumb people can be" and "you need to piece your brain parts back together" and such stuff.

Of course I had already tagged few of the members that I'm interested in hearing their opinion on my post, and I already knew this thing is keen to happen in online forums so I was prepared to reply to him, told him i'm not interetsed in his opinion as I obviously didn't tag him in my post (it was legit our first encounter on the forum, yet he finds it OK to knock on people's doors & call them straight up dumb) also, I warned him I'm fully aware of the flame baiting he's trying to do and Made it clear I don't want him to reply to me anymore and he should just move on or else he's being reported and obviously I was gonna win the case.

There some cool headed people out here man, reach out for them.
Dicks are always gonna be Dicks (sorry for lack of proper terminology) so you might as well get used to adapt yourself accordingly, don't miss the fun you could get here because of some Classless Rude individuals.
If your old man told that to you and you'd like to follow that, okay. But don't think everybody will do that nowadays anymore.
To me it is the following instead "If the community pushs you away, try to change the community". If I don't fit in, I'll make myself fit in by changing the atmosphere around me. Because that's what is happening all around the world nowadays as well. Why should it be different for a toxic OP community? I dislike hate and toxicity a lot because a community could be doing way better without it.

On another side, I didn't read all the new posts and I won't, I am just glad this discussion is back alive.

I am not really engaging on WG anymore because this thread didn't do anything back tgen and also because of all the reoccuring tiring debates in every second thread. I only look at the spoiler summaries and images, spoiler discussion is such a toxic hell that I don't even dare clicking on the thread anymore, or I check out some OP news.

To me WG discourages me to engage in OP discussion because I feel this place is just full of people liking to repeat the same debates and sentences and trying to push up their small ego by downplaying people by insulting their favorite characters. I am sick of this toxicity and I want my mind to not get bullshit crazy over this annoying shit again and again.

That's it from my side at least. Do what y'all want, to me this place is a hopeless case and makes me feel disappointed into a community as a whole. Because I know the OP community can be better. Nicer. More welcoming.

Last edited:

If your old man told that to you and you'd like to follow that, okay. But don't think everybody will do that nowadays anymore.
To me it is the following instead "If the community pushs you away, try to change the community". If I don't fit in, I'll make myself fit in by changing the atmosphere around me. Because that's what is happening all around the world nowadays as well. Why should it be different for a toxic OP community? I dislike hate and toxicity a lot because a community could be doing way better without it.

On another side, I didn't read all the new posts and I won't, I am just glad this discussion is back alive.

I am not really engaging on WG anymore because this thread didn't do anything back tgen and also because of all the reoccuring tiring debates in every second thread. I only look at the spoiler summaries and images, spoiler discussion is such a toxic hell that I don't even dare clicking on the thread anymore, or I check out some OP news.

To me WG discourages me to engage in OP discussion because I feel this place is just full of people liking to repeat the same debates and sentences and trying to push up their small ego by downplaying people by insulting their favorite characters. I am sick of this toxicity and I want my mind to not get bullshit crazy over this annoying shit again and again.

That's it from my side at least. Do what y'all want, to me this place is a hopeless case and makes me feel disappointed into a community as a whole. Because I know the OP community can be better. Nicer. More welcoming.
well, you are not so friendly yourself, Especially after your reply.
That being said, you killed whatever interest I have in your Thread, Goodbye.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

I have my moods too but you need to remember this is not a family friendly forum rated PG13.

It took me some time but I learn how to avoid shit like that.

I still engage with people from time to time it's normal.

People want to go ham sometimes and its normal.

Ofc, when it's too much mods, should step in.

There is a guy like Shishio.

He likes to troll Sanji pals but when you will try to fight him in a normal convo based on feats and etc dude will trash you.

Same with Admiral and etc.

I have people I don't like to engage with like kurwa for example.

We trash each other in One piece threads but when it comes to normal topics we can talk normally.

Stop making this forum like a fucking cave for retards.

If you don't like arguing fucking ignore it or report everyone or some shit.

I dislike hate and toxicity a lot because a community could be doing way better without it.
If you think we are bad spend some days on reddit when spoilers will come out.

So what you are saying is that the people here are bad and they should be like you. Interesting.

well, you are not so friendly yourself, Especially after your reply.
That being said, you killed whatever interest I have in your Thread, Goodbye.
I said, if you want to approach a different way, feel free to do so. I just stated what I prefer. You neither have to follow it or pay attention to it. As said, I don't have much hope for this forum anymore, so ofc my answer will look like it. I'm tired to put energy in something that has no hope. That's all.

I have my moods too but you need to remember this is not a family friendly forum rated PG13.

It took me some time but I learn how to avoid shit like that.

I still engage with people from time to time it's normal.

People want to go ham sometimes and its normal.

Ofc, when it's too much mods, should step in.

There is a guy like Shishio.

He likes to troll Sanji pals but when you will try to fight him in a normal convo based on feats and etc dude will trash you.

Same with Admiral and etc.

I have people I don't like to engage with like kurwa for example.

We trash each other in One piece threads but when it comes to normal topics we can talk normally.

Stop making this forum like a fucking cave for retards.

If you don't like arguing fucking ignore it or report everyone or some shit.

If you think we are bad spend some days on reddit when spoilers will come out.
I never stated that there isn't any normal conversation or normal debates. I like arguing. But what's the point of arguing about topics that circle around the same three arguments, especially if it isn't topic of the discussion at all? Just an example: Spoiler mentions either Zoro or Sanji, and the thread goes apeshit about both of them. Every single time. It honestly makes me feel annoyed to just look into the thread because maybe 40-50% are actually about the Spoilers. Sometimes there's not even any of the both mentioned and the discussion still ends up being about them.

So what you are saying is that the people here are bad and they should be like you. Interesting.
I never said anything like that. Please quote where I said that and explain?

But I see once I open my mouth here, people try to turn my own words around again. I'm out of here again. Good luck.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I never stated that there isn't any normal conversation or normal debates. I like arguing. But what's the point of arguing about topics that circle around the same three arguments, especially if it isn't topic of the discussion at all? Just an example: Spoiler mentions either Zoro or Sanji, and the thread goes apeshit about both of them. Every single time. It honestly makes me feel annoyed to just look into the thread because maybe 40-50% are actually about the Spoilers. Sometimes there's not even any of the both mentioned and the discussion still ends up being about them.
There are plenty of people who talk about interesting stuff during spoilers discussion fact is fact debater are more visible but if you want there are bunch of people who would entertain you.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
There are plenty of people who talk about interesting stuff during spoilers discussion fact is fact debater are more visible but if you want there are bunch of people who would entertain you.
I gave up on OP section here. I only partake in MHA one bcs OP section was exactly what he said

It off puts people to join it. It became basically an eco hall of people that throw same jokes and arguments over and over being mediocre with comedy. For every good post you have 100 bad ones.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I gave up on OP section here. I only partake in MHA one bcs OP section was exactly what he said

It off puts people to join it. It became basically an eco hall of people that throw same jokes and arguments over and over being mediocre with comedy. For every good post you have 100 bad ones.
I made a clown out of myself a lot of times but this is what forums are to improve.

THere are shit ton of people who have fun during the spoilers talk about interesting stuff.

I noticed that debaters are more visible but hey.

It's your decision on what you want to care about.

I'm way over this right now and I'm happy.

Power scaling is not bad untill it's on healthy levels.

There is difference between arguing with shishio about the feats and posting Zoro/Sanji moment of weakness and raping this for weeks.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
I made a clown out of myself a lot of times but this is what forums are to improve.

THere are shit ton of people who have fun during the spoilers talk about interesting stuff.

I noticed that debaters are more visible but hey.

It's your decision on what you want to care about.

I'm way over this right now and I'm happy.

Power scaling is not bad untill it's on healthy levels.

There is difference between arguing with shishio about the feats and posting Zoro/Sanji moment of weakness and raping this for weeks.
Most what i saw is same shit stuff just said to trigger people or spamming emotes.

And then people that give a damn and give their piece to discussion get snuffed out by baiter and trolls.

I'm no stranger to toxicity but even for me thats just too much so i left.

But then again i have that luxury of leaving. I have MHA section to be in or go to TB. Many dont have that lol

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Most what i saw is same shit stuff just said to trigger people or spamming emotes.

And then people that give a damn and give their piece to discussion get snuffed out by baiter and trolls.

I'm no stranger to toxicity but even for me thats just too much so i left.

But then again i have that luxury of leaving. I have MHA section to be in or go to TB. Many dont have that lol
I don't read one piece so I dont give a fuck rn.

I have the luxury to go to MHA or I try to improve Black Clover section with few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.