Improving Discussions, less toxicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Just ban or thread/section ban people that cause shit lmao

You will eventually have to do it but if you keep pandering them now once you actually do it they will go crazy and cause so much shit

I mean i see same problems OJ had here and its sad
Manga forums are small in general ( - NF ).

I have experience on games/trading forums.

Few 7 days ban quickly changed a few people and their behaviors.

It's like in CS:GO you are too toxic or killing your teammates you are gradually getting punished more and more.

Calypso

"It is warm within the mansions of Hel"
About the Spoilers thread..

Maybe create 3 thread every time

1 thread for Summary and Images

1 thread for normal discussion

1 for specially and strictly for Power level talks and all that toxic shit , or just a general thread for power level talks related to Spoilers
I dont think that a normal discussion thread would help a lot. They're always trolls who will start their ranting there.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Manga forums are small in general ( - NF ).

I have experience on games/trading forums.

Few 7 days ban quickly changed a few people and their behaviors.

It's like in CS:GO you are too toxic or killing your teammates you are gradually getting punished more and more.
exactly. Rules are in place, just enforce them. Don't be scared of pissing of some people
Maybe then i actually go back to OP section :gokulaugh:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Just came here to drop one seemingly forgotten fact:

Its beyond me why is this situation apperantly so difficult to handle
Says the guy who also fought tooth and nail to be a part of the same moderation regime that obliterated Oro Jackson through piss poor moderation, and then almost ruined the consolation “forum” those guys created after they ran OJ into the ground. We shouldn’t take any advice from people who literally destroyed the old forum and were indirectly responsible for the creation of this one through their sheer ineptitude. You guys had your shot and you failed.

Start handing out bans left and right, and Worstgen will die a miserable death the same way OJ did. Thankfully the WG mods seem to understand how not to miss-manage a forum into oblivion unlike the old regime.

The answer imo is pretty simple-create one spoiler thread for spoiler discussions, and another for spoiler power-level discussions. The spoiler discussions are visible to the public while the power level spoilers are not.

I can guarantee with 95% certainty that this will fix the issues everyone is complaining about here.

Last edited:

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Just came here to drop one seemingly forgotten fact:

Says the guy who also fought tooth and nail to be one a part of the same moderation regime that obliterated Oro Jackson through piss poor moderation, and then almost ruined the consolation “forum” those guys created after they ran OJ into the ground. We shouldn’t take any advice from people who literally destroyed the old forum and were indirectly responsible for the creation of this one through their sheer ineptitude. You guys had your shot and you failed.

Start handing out bans left and right, and Worstgen will die a miserable death the same way OJ did. Thankfully the WG mods seem to understand how not to miss-manage a forum into oblivion unlike the old regime.

The answer imo is pretty simple-create one spoiler thread for spoiler discussions, and another for spoiler power-level discussions. The spoiler discussions are visible to the public while the power level spoilers are not.

I can guarantee with 95% certainty that this will fix the issues everyone is complaining about here.
Its funny you talk about morality consider what you did.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Its funny you talk about morality consider what you did.
I don’t think I mentioned morality once in my entire post, or even implied that this had anything to do with morality. This is a question of whether or not we are going to implement the same moderation tactics that already killed one forum and is currently strangling another forum.

I came here to make it clear why tactics like this have absolutely no business being implemented by the mods, ever.

...well actually I just kinda came hear to lurk, and then I see people casually throwing around the same ideas that destroyed OJ unironically.

As someone who financially supports WG on a monthly basis, of course I’m going to be very vocal about my opposition to literally repeating history.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
I don’t think I mentioned morality once in my entire post, or even implied that this had anything to do with morality. This is a question of whether or not we are going to implement the same moderation tactics that already killed one forum and is currently strangling another forum.

I came here to make it clear why tactics like this have absolutely no business being implemented by the mods, ever.

...well actually I just kinda came hear to lurk, and then I see people casually throwing around the same ideas that destroyed OJ unironically.

As someone who financially supports WG on a monthly basis, of course I’m going to be very vocal about my opposition to literally repeating history.
You do realise feeding them will only make them more bold? And once it reaches the point where mods have to slam down it will cause a bigger chaos than it was on OJ?

But hey, you do you. I tried to be nice and helpful but getting such hostility from you really off puts me to give a damn to help

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
You do realise feeding them will only make them more bold?
I don’t understand what the issue is with banter lol. If you’re talking about insults and such then obviously that type of posting isn’t okay and the mods should address those accordingly.

But if you’re advocating for bans on the basis that you don’t like reading power level discussions? Then the solution is obvious like I mentioned before, separate spoiler threads for separate topics. I don’t see why we should advocate for banning people on the criteria that they like to discuss things that you don’t like to read (this all seems very familiar doesn’t it?)

And once it reaches the point where mods have to slam down it will cause a bigger chaos than it was on OJ?
What is “that point” exactly? Seems like a point arbitrarily decided by you based on content you personally don’t like reading.

And what chaos was caused on OJ exactly? The only chaos on OJ came from the exact practices that you’re advocating. “Ban them if they don’t post what we like, and fuck them if they think they even deserve an explanation.” This is literally what killed OJ. It’s crazy that I have to explain this to you when you literally experienced OJ’s shutdown and TB’s grasping for air first-hand.

The only things people should literally receive bans for is shit like doxing, stalking, etc...shit that effects the real world. Anything related to online nonsense should be dealt with in less authoritarian ways lol.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
You do realise feeding them will only make them more bold? And once it reaches the point where mods have to slam down it will cause a bigger chaos than it was on OJ?

But hey, you do you. I tried to be nice and helpful but getting such hostility from you really off puts me to give a damn to help
The mods on oj were a fuckin disgrace.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Could care less that people would call me call me stuff like "retarded" tbh, but I understand why people and users would have problems with seeing such language.

Honetly tho I kind of love it, because then it gives me a free pass to become toxic back, which I find to be mildly thrilling.
:finally:

Only thing on this fourm that genuinely pisses me off is users trying to make up random quotes or putting words into a fandoms mouth that I am a part of, or putting words into my mouth directly.

Imagine trying to make up fake shit to paint a other users in a negative light.
🤢🤮

Could never be me.

Last edited:
Another possible solution if you think the mods are not taking action can be to make a big private group chat with people likeminded and discuss there the spoilers. Basically if a lot of people thinks the mods don't want/feel the need to ban people from certain threads do yourself the opposite: leave that space to them and create your heaven where you can discuss pacefully.

At that point the insult/bait etc. problems should already be solved as long as you don't let the barbarians inside your fence (you just need a good gatekeeper aka admin of the group). And either you keep discussing the spoilers in that bug private group or either (and this is what will most likely happen) the mods will purge the original spoiler thread since it will just be a chaotic utrollpia (©Jewdboy) which will scare away new users. Maybe it will take more than a chapter but the bigger the private group becomes the worst the spoiler thread will be until eventually it can't be kept in that sorry state.

Another possible solution if you think the mods are not taking action can be to make a big private group chat with people likeminded and discuss there the spoilers. Basically if a lot of people thinks the mods don't want/feel the need to ban people from certain threads do yourself the opposite: leave that space to them and create your heaven where you can discuss pacefully.

At that point the insult/bait etc. problems should already be solved as long as you don't let the barbarians inside your fence (you just need a good gatekeeper aka admin of the group). And either you keep discussing the spoilers in that bug private group or either (and this is what will most likely happen) the mods will purge the original spoiler thread since it will just be a chaotic utrollpia (©Jewdboy) which will scare away new users. Maybe it will take more than a chapter but the bigger the private group becomes the worst the spoiler thread will be until eventually it can't be kept in that sorry state.
It already exists and it's not a solution. Why do people who genuinely enjoy valuable discussion without baits and bashing have to look for a safe space? That's just sad.

Weird, I recall the moderators at Orojackson only went to extreme lengths is because some people were stalking and cyberbullying a minior who was close to the moderator for the purpose to gain his/her attention.
It was on discord...
And it already happen on this forum where a person deleted their account because they were being stalked online.

The mods weren't the reason why Orojackson close, it was the decision of Divs being tired of handling copyright strikes,bending the knee to them and real life reasons.

Last edited:
Weird, I recall the moderators at Orojackson only went to extreme lengths is because some people were stalking and cyberbullying a minior who was close to the moderator for the purpose to gain his/her attention.
It was on discord...
This is complete nonsense. The OJ Mods initiated extreme measures without any provocation or justification. They randomly antagonized the Worst Gen Club by locking the club and then ostracized any and all users even remotely associated with it and spread outright lies about users. They were banning users such as myself, who had never accumulated even a single warning point, based on nothing more than personal prejudice and guilt by association.

Before OJ shutdown, I requested my OJ account to be deleted. It was in OJ's very own Rules section that I had a right to this under EU law (The Right to be Forgotten if I recall correctly). Guess what happened? They banned me out of pure spite and told me "You have been banned for the following reason: Goodbye".

In order to ban me after my account deletion request, they had to break their own forum rules and even EU law. They still did it anyway.
The mods weren't the reason why Orojackson close, it was the decision of Divs being tired of handling copyright strikes,bending the knee to them and real life reasons.
The Mods were the reason OJ collapsed before it closed permanently. The Mods went from enforcing site rules to completely disregarding site rules so they could ban any user they either disliked or who had publicly disagreed with their actions, purely out of petty satisfaction. The Mods disregarding their very own rules is why the site went completely downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.