Improving Discussions, less toxicity

Status
Not open for further replies.
noticed some funny changes in the spoiler thread and had to comment
personal attacks , insults, harassment in pms are things that should be reported and are events that mods here take seriously when they happen. Punishments include temporary bans, time off at udon, or warnings that might lead to an eventual perma ban.

however trolling shitting, meming on your fav characters and your ability to not look past it is not our problem. its not a personal attack and is all in good fun
there are already a variety of options to assist you
block users who you deem toxic
choose to have convos with people who you feel want to have serious convos at hand
but I will be honest, at some point in time , even those people will pass in a joke or two

I'll be damned before am told I cant make memes on x character cause some person got their feelings hurt.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
personal attacks , insults, harassment in pms are things that should be reported and are events that mods here take seriously when they happen. Punishments include temporary bans, time off at udon, or warnings that might lead to an eventual perma ban.

however trolling shitting, meming on your fav characters and your ability to not look past it is not our problem. its not a personal attack and is all in good fun
choose to have convos with people who you feel want to have serious convos at hand
but I will be honest, at some point in time , even those people will pass in a joke or two

I'll be damned before am told I cant make memes on x character cause some person got their feelings hurt.
Yeah, some folks need to understand there’s a difference between accusing Zoro or Sanji of gargling dick juice and actively using the R word to describe another user. The slurs are my biggest issue, not so much the shitposting.

Yeah, some folks need to understand there’s a difference between accusing Zoro or Sanji of gargling dick juice and actively using the R word to describe another user. The slurs are my biggest issue, not so much the shitposting.
ZoroTard is widely used nonchalantly ...

It should be a banned word tbh.

Sanji is called candy but that's actually manga Canon information but offensive I guess.

:few:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

:josad:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I'm against censoring words just because you're offended by it. Should it be used? Probably not but it's a persons right.
The right to free speech is not the right to hate speech, though. You can’t use the First Amendment as a catch-all; the law only protects your right to say something, it doesn’t prevent you from suffering the consequences of your words, and certain phrases or usages of a term SHOULD carry repercussions if they’re meant to belittle or damage someone.

Although a lot of users here say stupid shit, calling someone the R word is meant to insult their intelligence to the level of disability. It also stigmatizes those who DO have mental handicaps, which can easily lead down some fucked up roads. There are so many other, more entertaining/creative ways to talk shit without having to use a purposefully cruel word like that.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
The right to free speech is not the right to hate speech, though. You can’t use the First Amendment as a catch-all; the law only protects your right to say something, it doesn’t prevent you from suffering the consequences of your words, and certain phrases or usages of a term SHOULD carry repercussions if they’re meant to belittle or damage someone.

Although a lot of users here say stupid shit, calling someone the R word is meant to insult their intelligence to the level of disability. It also stigmatizes those who DO have mental handicaps, which can easily lead down some fucked up roads. There are so many other, more entertaining/creative ways to talk shit without having to use a purposefully cruel word like that.
I don't mind getting called retarded because I know I won at this point because xyz don't have any more arguments to use:milaugh:
But yeah this is too much for some people.
I mean even if I had mental illness I'll be like me retarded? You fucking bitch I will show you who is retarded but I know some people don't live happy go lucky like me and it may hurt them.

Status
Not open for further replies.