Improving Discussions, less toxicity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude I get bullied so much here, it's crazy. I've taken so much BS from this forum's Admins & Mods as well it's users, at this point I'm just done with it man.

And all of these trolls, it's too much.
Stop bullying xione, he has a Fuji avi and Fuji=good
Post automatically merged:

What did the admins and mods do to you?
Trying to cover your tracks 👀?

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Dude I get bullied so much here, it's crazy. I've taken so much BS from this forum's Admins & Mods as well it's users, at this point I'm just done with it man.

And all of these trolls, it's too much.
Yeah this is correct. I highly doubt no one is truly bullied in here, expecially given the amount of users.

That's why I inserted "targetting users" in one of my listed points. :)

The moderation should be strict for parts of the forum, for example, chapter threads or the threads in the manga section. I can just stick to those parts when I dont want to browse through a pile of trash of one liners and dont want to see Z-S, Mihawk-Shanks, admiral-yonko related posts.

The other parts can be loosely moderated. For example, power level and arena threads. So if I am in a mood of trash talking, flame baiting, one liners, i can go there.
That's a good idea. Powerlevle and arena threads are up for all kinds of assumptions and battle anyway. But for the normal chapter, spoiler and manga threads it should be more organized

OT: I think stricter moderation might be helpful. Increase the number of moderators if possible. Each moderator is divided to each section they are responsible for.
That isn't the case yet? I thought usually mods have only specific sections they are responsible for. But I guess every forum handles this differently.
@Sievas Thanks for making that thread. As a fan who's been reading OP for 15+ years, I am somewhere between D and E (based on the beautiful explanation by @Akai2 - probably part of the minority on WG), and I just feel the same as you....

I dont care much about the fandoms wars and all the memes (which I actually find equally amusing!! as long as it remains polite), BUT what bothers me is when you try to engage in a normal discussion about some theories or the story contents in the chapter thread, after spending some time to think about how to articulate your logic or try to give some well-thoughts counter arguments to someone, then a swarm of users reply back with their baseless PL bullshit or "meh u stupid that's just bad writing, Oda sucks"... That's useless and rude, but unfortunately definitely not something the mods can monitor continuously (big thanks for their hard work all the time btw!!)

About that specific aspect above, maybe one possible solution to implement could be to make different threads (just like the separate threads for spo images & summary / spo discussion) : "chapter reaction" where people can go a bit wild, and a more serious "chapter discussion" thread strictly moderated? but probably very few users would be interested/participating, so i dont know if that would change anything
Thanks for your input! I too find some memes amusing and funny but often it just gets annoying when I try to read a discussion and have to scroll through all the bullshit. I don't know what the mods would say to two split posts for chapter discussion/reaction. I think reactions still contribute to discussing chapters. But the way you portray the reaction shows if it actually contributes to the discussion.

If the reaction is just "Oh XY did this and that, they are the MVP *insert three emoji* *insert GIF*" and a 20 more people do it like that, it's not contributing to the discussion, instead it feels like spamming the thread and there's less to talk about. I still see a lot of posts who react like "I really liked this in the chapter and that, and I wonder if XY will do this and that soon. Do you guys think XY will do that thing because it looks that way". But they are being outweighed by the simpler versions above where you think "no point in answering in that I guess".

It's sort of like a classroom that opens up a debate or discussing about a material and while out of twenty people, ten try to focus on the topic, the other ten act as the class clowns and only randomly scream into the room making jokes. Of course it's funny for a while, but no class has half of its students being class clowns, but there's maybe two or three, that make the class more enjoyable. More than that and it becomes annoying and destroys the purpose of the class.

Even in the chapter discussion thread there is even the warning "Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content.", but if you scroll through the pages, there's still a lot of those, as if people don't care about that rule.

I don't want to sound like a dick but I honestly don't know how someone can feel harassed on the internet. Maybe because I am not of the same generation but it's hard for me to conceive.
Words are words, and words can hurt. And said words still come from another person just like talking to someone in real life. If someone outright insults you personally, be it something minor or for who you are, it hurts. If you have acne and hate it, and someone says in real life "your face looks like the garden of my mom, full of molehills", it hurts. If someone says that on the internet to you, it still hurts because you feel attacked. It isn't that hard to understand, right? You're leaning far into dangerous territory there. Especially when using "harassment", as it does have broader meaning and can be way worse than just an insult.

You can send me a 1000 PM to insult me, my family, my friends or whatever, I wouldn't care, probably laugh if the insults are creative.

I think the problem is we make a big deal nowadays of things that aren't a big deal. How is someone I don't know, that I've never met and will never meet calling me a moron supposed to affect my life?
It's great that you're this confident about yourself and that you don't care. But it's just like with all other problems in society. Just because it doesn't affect you, doesn't mean it doesn't affect others. It's like a seagull saying "I heard from the mouse that eagles are evil! That can't be possible because the eagle never did anything evil to me!". Or if you see someone trying to put out the fire on their house, you say "why are you doing this? My house isn't burning, so yours isn't actually burning either.", even though you see the fire right in front of you.

Last edited:
That's a good idea. Powerlevle and arena threads are up for all kinds of assumptions and battle anyway. But for the normal chapter, spoiler and manga threads it should be more organized
Yeah, this is currently the biggest problem of this forum. The spoiler threads are unreadable. At least, I could see "avoid one-liners" in the chapter threads now, which is an improvement to the right direction.

I dont know how Bogard organized and distributed the moderation duties for this site. I would have had more mods to support for the chapter, spoiler and the manga section. No need of using mod's precious time and energy in the arena, fanclubs, general chats etc, let those be lawless zones and go there only in case of repeated reports.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is currently the biggest problem of this forum. The spoiler threads are unreadable. At least, I could see "avoid one-liners" in the chapter threads now, which is an improvement to the right direction.

I dont know how Bogard organized and distributed the moderation duties for this site. I would have had more mods to support for the chapter, spoiler and the manga section. No need of using mod's precious time and energy in the arena, fanclubs, general chats etc, let those be lawless zones and go there only in case of repeated reports.
Yeah but the one-liners and short reactions even just posting one picture without commenting it... I still see those in the chapter threads. But it's an improvement that the rules are there at least.

The spoiler threads definitely need an improvement. I often just look at the image and summaries thread because that's the only thing I can look at. As you said, the spoiler threads are unreadable.

And yes, I agree, mods should focus on the important discussion sections. The rest can be handled less strict and with more freedom to write what you want. But discussion sections should be prioritizing discussions.

I think mods oversee all sections. They deal with reports too.

Spoiler and battledome are sections that mods focus the most since most toxicity originates from these sections.
And still there's an horrendous amount of toxicity. I can't say about the battledome since I don't take part in such discussions at all. But the spoiler thread... nope. Just nope. It's hell.

Thanks for your input! I too find some memes amusing and funny but often it just gets annoying when I try to read a discussion and have to scroll through all the bullshit. I don't know what the mods would say to two split posts for chapter discussion/reaction. I think reactions still contribute to discussing chapters. But the way you portray the reaction shows if it actually contributes to the discussion.

If the reaction is just "Oh XY did this and that, they are the MVP *insert three emoji* *insert GIF*" and a 20 more people do it like that, it's not contributing to the discussion, instead it feels like spamming the thread and there's less to talk about. I still see a lot of posts who react like "I really liked this in the chapter and that, and I wonder if XY will do this and that soon. Do you guys think XY will do that thing because it looks that way". But they are being outweighed by the simpler versions above where you think "no point in answering in that I guess".

It's sort of like a classroom that opens up a debate or discussing about a material and while out of twenty people, ten try to focus on the topic, the other ten act as the class clowns and only randomly scream into the room making jokes. Of course it's funny for a while, but no class has half of its students being class clowns, but there's maybe two or three, that make the class more enjoyable. More than that and it becomes annoying and destroys the purpose of the class.

Even in the chapter discussion thread there is even the warning "Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content.", but if you scroll through the pages, there's still a lot of those, as if people don't care about that rule.
Yeah but that’s... Nothing can be done about that. People are HERE to react to One Piece with fellow fans. Saying you can’t write one liners or your personal reaction unless you add to the discussion is... That’s like saying only people with 130+ IQ can vote.

This cannot be done and should not be done. If someone can’t or won’t give constructive posts, they shouldn’t have to.

F

Fallen Prince

Honestly banning wouldnt do much , i hate ban the user xyz , its better to block where the topic is controversial.

I dont seebullying on chapter thread so its likely you are facing abuse in battle threads .At best report the users because guys cannot moderate everywhere.

I personally don't see much of a problem here, other than at best few selective members, but even then ehh those members usually stick to their trolling in the arena, so it's good.

Needing to heavily monitor the spoilers discussion thread I disagree with, let people give their reactions to the spoilers there. There's a reason why they reach into the 300s in terms of pages, while the chapter discussion threads are nowhere near that amount. If you were saying this about chapter discussion, I'd agree.. but for spoilers? Nah.

But in the OP, I mostly see what you're talking about in highly controversial topics like SvZ, Yonko vs admirals, mihawk vs Shanks, or bash OP threads. So just on few selective topics.

What did the admins and mods do to you?
Lmao yo I'm playing man.

Let me take my non-serious ass outta here.

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
i just had my posts deleted for containing the words stupid,blind and pathetic(the guy was denying an event that happened and it wasn’t like something minor or in the background it was right in front of you)i was a l toxic yes should it be deleted no edited but removing it all tougher was an exaggeration
Think that’s the underlying point of this thread, though...toxicity is subjective, but intent is not impact. I’ve said things here that I found relatively benign, but others have been offended by; when that happens, what I meant by my words isn’t as important as how they’re received. I agree that an edit might have been better all around in your situation, but again, the mods can’t be checking every single post we put here. If they receive a complaint, it’s probably easier to just remove the post entirely than try to fix what was wrong with it.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Think that’s the underlying point of this thread, though...toxicity is subjective, but intent is not impact. I’ve said things here that I found relatively benign, but others have been offended by; when that happens, what I meant by my words isn’t as important as how they’re received. I agree that an edit might have been better all around in your situation, but again, the mods can’t be checking every single post we put here. If they receive a complaint, it’s probably easier to just remove the post entirely than try to fix what was wrong with it.
Self perception also can sometimes overcome facts

Sometimes I happen to feel offended by irrelevant stuff and yet less offended by way harsher atrocities

Right. Not everyone is thick-skinned and can just brush things off, and not everyone wants to be included in bashing, wanking or pushing down others or being pushed down yourself. Of course when someone says "you're just a fucking zoro fanboy so stfu, he's trash" etc or "uhhh look at all you sanji fanboys craving for a single panel while the goat zoro gets all the screen time bc it's his arc" and you receive this as reply and you don't want to discuss that way, sure one thing is to ignore and move on, but if it's constantly in front of your eyes, not necessarily even told personally, it can still hit and ruin the experience.

I for example would enjoy spoilers way more if it wasn't all just about ZvS discussions and trying to overplay one side. I get discouraged after three pages of spoiler discussions because it's just tiring, annoying and makes my mood drop extensively.

Sometimes I happen to feel offended by irrelevant stuff and yet less offended by way harsher atrocities
Right. It's the same for me. It depends on context a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.