Character Discussion Imu = The World's greatest fraud

Is Imu a fraud or a badass warrior

• Total voters
This is a thread i actually planned on making in the future when we get more of the character because others myself included have noted that there are many early signs of why Imu is possibly going to end up as the World's greatest fraud. The most pathetic character that Oda will ever draw.

Since there's not really much to go by other than superficial observations it's obviously going to feel like I'm reaching with some parts but i still truly believe that there's a pattern in which Oda creates strong, badass, evil villains.

1.) Imu the pervert
During the reverie Imu was seen holding a picture of Vivi which obviously was indication that he has plans with her. He took her picture with him(going to assume Imu is a he) after ripping the pictures of Luffy, Teach, Shirahoshi apart like a butthurt child. This is clearly implying that she's the next light that Imu intends to extinguish but that's actually were Oda is trying to deceive us again.

Oda keeps on going the path that's the least expected because he's obsessed with it.

- We thought BB goes after the ancient weapons, the Mera Mera or even Mihawk's blade but Oda actually went with Boa's fruit which is just ridiculous. Why would Teach ever give a fuck about Boa's fruit ?
He can't even make use of it.
This actually shows that Oda is obsessed with this horny gag of having people simp for beautiful ladies and this trope will continue to be a thing until the last chapter.

- We thought Weevil is safe from being imprisoned because he was just introduced so Oda had him get packed up because nobody would and did expect it. Again the obsession of staying unpredictable.

Which is why I'm heavily assuming that Vivi is captured in the holy land and continously harassed by the pathetic perv Imu that'd actually risk a war because he's a horny fuck.

Now. Oda never gives this trope to a character that he plans to be taken as a serious, menacing, evil villain because it makes the character look ridiculous and pathetic. The only exception to the rule is Blackbeard but he's an exception in more ways than one and i think everyone agrees on that.

- Kuro
- Don Krieg
- Arlong
- Crocodile
- Enel
- Lucci
- Akainu
- Hody
- Doflamingo
- Even Kaido to a degree (never obsessed over tits as far as i know)

The only characters Oda plagues with this garbage are those not meant to be taken seriously or those that are extremely quirky anyways. I think he even said every male is a pervert deep down.

Which character that hides himself in the shadow of a strong person that is also a pervert built like a fodder do we know off that ended up being a massive fraud ?
Shall i help?

- Imu is built like a bitch

Look back at all those guys, has Oda ever portrayed a menacingly powerful entity that's actually not looking like the real deal appearance wise ?

The only character we thought has a shot is Weevil and look how that turned out.

- Imu is hiding his ass in the shadows instead of coming out putting the people of the world in their place and ruling it with an iron fist.

If we look back at major Shounen antagonists, do you associate those with an introvert that's hiding his ass in the basement of a castle for centuries using a joystick to nuke Islands from kilometres away ?

Surely you don't think of the following guys like that.
It's a major red flag that Imu is portrayed as a coward that can't carry out his orders himself but rather hides himself in the safest place of the globe, ordering people around and using a remote control of an OP weapon to destroy targets.

This surely doesn't scream Gigachad energy of Madara taking the alliance alone or Yhwach freeing Aizen off his chair to fuck him up in a fight, no?

Seems like the Gorosei make up for the being a badass part.

And the biggest Red flag of ALL
Roger actually laughing at the so dark and horrible history of the void century where the evil bad Imu has supposedly slaughtered billions.

Telling ya. The Void century will topple everything that we've seen before in terms of being Goofy. Roger called that shit a funny story. I'm fully expecting Imu to be the biggest loser, weakling, cuck whose wife jumped on the Gigachad Joyboy cause we all know that's how Oda will portray him because Oda just wants to make Imu look as pathetic as possible.

Tl;dr To not make this unnecessarily longer than it must be. I think there are many red flags that might hint that Imu is actually built up as the biggest fraud of the series.
It's clear at this point that Oda absolutely hates and humiliates the CD, he wants to make them look like the most pathetic group of people in fiction history.
I think Imu is going to be the epitome of all of that. Basically an Orochi on steroids.
Since the Gorosei are portrayed completely different as calm, composed, battle experienced old people It's highly likely that they're going to be super OP instead.

Tagging some i have in mind.
Unlike Spandam who has Admirals backing him up, If Gorosei scold Akainu himself but kneel to Imu, chances are Imu doesnt need anyone backing him up and he is THE ultimate back up himself.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I think IMU will be the strongest - could be annoying or pathetic but will be strongest.

Its just logic.

Gorosei are the highest authority.

They command everything.

Yet, they kneeled in front of IMU whose existence is unknown.

Why on earth they will kneel to someone about whom no one knows unless he is big deal? Why they follow his commands like obedient employees?

Answer is Gorosei fears IMU's might.

There has to be the reason why imu doesn't come out in open to rule and why gorosei are the face.

I think IMU will be the strongest - could be annoying or pathetic but will be strongest.
There has to be the reason why imu doesn't come out in open to rule and why gorosei are the face.
To be real, I fully expect that reason to be that they just prefer to delegate tasks and are not big on seeking personal glory. Imu as we understand it has a pretty easy life to put it mildly. Also, if it really takes Luffy to awaken a literal god fruit to fight them, they might just have grown bored of dealing with what to them is the fodder that has existed since people like Joyboy, Nika and Ryuma were around.

If Imu is the last divine being around and they beat and or survived all their comptetiors, it would make sense everybody else just isn't enough of a challenge to require much effort. Prior to Luffy awakening the Nika fruit (or perhaps Blackbeard figuring out the secret to eating multiple fruits) nobody warranted any concern on their end.

They can kick back in the most opulent castle in the setting, their every whim served whenever they please while watching the butterflies in their private garden and occasionally taking a stroll down memory lane and going into the underground catacombs to look at a big straw hat.

Once in a while, they sit on the throne, give a few orders to the Gorosei, and go back to their routine. They do not have to deal with anybody's bullshit, get to enjoy all the benefits of their position without any of the hassles, and from what we know if things every gets out of hand they just do a big cleansing again for a bit and go back towards enjoying the good life. Don't know about you but that sounds like a pretty good deal.

Imu being a god or goddess that has survived the ancient era and now has grown comfortable in a world where nobody can realistically challenge them would make sense to me. Sorta like Frieza without the motivation to go around conquering planets. Why the fuck would you ever get your hands dirty and step out of the shadows if you can instead let your toadies handle everything for you?

Although this sounds like an Oda move it wasn’t going to make sense considering the war that is going to take place in the final arc and the level of power Luffy will be at after he defeats BB and is crowned pirate king. Per Shonen standards, the king of the entire world govt and pretty much the entire verse has to have actual combat power to go along with it. If he was going to end up being another Orochi then there would be zero tension with his involvement in the final conflict.