Questions & Mysteries Is Kyoshiro good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's like a billion things here...

I'm not defending Oda's choice on female characterization.
The thread is about if Kyoshiro is a good person, and I believe that both she and he were working together. Please don't start an overall OP sexism argument here. Make your own thread.
This thread is about whether kyoshiro is a good guy or not or at least whether he will turn good.

People are fixated on whether he is Denjiro or not as if that's the end all and be all of this topic. Like does him being Denjiro or not immediately overwrite the things he's actually done in the story.

So that's where I'm coming from. I'm trying to examine what kyoshiro has actually done in the story to figure out the premise of the thread.

The man's a mafia boss, does bad things as a mafia boss. One of said bad things i would argue is Turning the princess into a prostitute. Like surely this isn't a small thing that has no bearing on the point of this thread right?

Like when Kyoshiro's vivre card comes out at the end of the arc and he's been revealed as a good guy or Denjiro or whatever, the vivre card WILL show that he GROOMED a 13 year old girl to become a prostitute.

It seems I'm the only one who cares about going through what kyoshiro has actually done in the story so far from extortion to attempted murder to sex trafficking to stopping Zoro ftom killing orochi. Apparently none of this matters when examining whether kyoshiro is a good guy as long as he is Denjiro.

Last edited:
This thread is about whether kyoshiro is a good guy or not or at least whether he will turn good.

People are fixated on whether he is Denjiro or not as if that's the end all and be all of this topic. Like does him being Denjiro or not immediately overwrite the things he's actually done in the story.

So that's where I'm coming from. I'm trying to examine what kyoshiro has actually done in the story to figure out the premise of the thread.

The man's a mafia boss, does bad things as a mafia boss. One of said bad things i would argue is Turning the princess into a prostitute. Like surely this isn't a small thing that has no bearing on the point of this thread right?

Like when Kyoshiro's vivre card comes out at the end of the arc and he's been revealed as a good guy or Denjiro or whatever, the vivre card WILL show that he GROOMED a 13 year old girl to become a prostitute.

It seems I'm the only one who cares about going through what kyoshiro has actually done in the story so far from extortion to attempted murder to sex trafficking to stopping Zoro ftom killing orochi. Apparently none of this matters when examining whether kyoshiro is a good guy as long as he is Denjiro.
My favorite theory about Kyoshiro is that he's a "bastard son" of Oden.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme

Hiyori and Denjiro have some explaining to do if Kyoshiro is Denjiro. At this point, Hiyori told Zoro that she's Kozuki Hiyori...but hides the identity of one of the retainers because...? I highly doubt the identity of one of the scabbards (who isn't even hyped to be the strongest) is a bigger secret than the identity of one of the Kozuki heirs.

And if Denjiro-as-Kyoshiro was hiding his identity from Hiyori...I think that warrants a good explanation too.

I don't think that hiyori is really a prostitute. I bet she started as an entertainer and later on she seemed to work as a prostitute in order to come near orochi but never was an actual prostitute. That is, with the help of kyoshiro. Wether he is denijiro or not.
And I believe it is absolutely clear that kyoshiro wants orochi and kaido to fall but he is too weak to do it himself and so he acts as a loyal dog to orochi waiting for the right time.
Also he and hiyori are probably the witching hour boy, yasui seemed to know who the witching hoir boy is and most likely he gave otoko not to the bordel but to hiyori herself (because he knew her/ came in contact with her)

Thought it was clear from Bingo, or Bungo, or Bongo, or whatever the fuck his name was flashback that Hiyori doesn't actually sleep with anyone. She uses her beauty to reel them in, gets morons like them to throw all their money at her then ditches them when they think they're going to get some.

After 20 years of Oda barely touching relationships, let alone sexual ones- outwith an offhand mention about Doffy and Viola in an SBS- I'm not sure where folk get the idea that he's the type to write sexual plots like that. Hell, he censored something as chaste as a kiss between Sanji and Pudding. Now an arc later folk think he's throwing in a girl being forced into sexual service? Nah, doesn't fit.

He is likely a villain always looked as such and honestly whoever connected with Orochi is no good
Are people paying attention to the story, like at all? First Denjiro is Koshiro because they "look alike" even though Denjiro is twice as tall as Koshiro, then it's because his sword is Wado Ichimonji but Kinemon who was friends with Denjiro before even Oden, didn't recognize that Zoro has Denjiro's fucking sword. He recognizes that Zoro has Shusui, but not Denjiro's sword!

Now, you have Kyoshiro calling Orochi a coward and looking after Hiyori, but he's a villain.

nope i'm with you. i like kyoshiro as a character and think he's got potential but he's done lots of shady stuff.

also he's not denjiro lol

He also said that he himself turned Hiyori into a prostitute, and there's that time his men tried to extort Sanji and then Kyoshiro sent assassins to kill Sanji and also there's that time he saved Orochi's life from Zoro

Pretty villainous things don't you think

Where did he say that he turned her into a prostitute? Lol

Where did he say that he turned her into a prostitute? Lol
During Orochi's party. He says "It takes a real man to nurture a flower to bloom" or something of the sort and remember HE'S TALKING ABOUT A 13 YEARS OLD GIRL HERE. Then some fodder random guys confirm that Kyoshiro is the one who raised her to be a prostitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.