Questions & Mysteries Is Kyoshiro good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
During Orochi's party. He says "It takes a real man to nurture a flower to bloom" or something of the sort and remember HE'S TALKING ABOUT A 13 YEARS OLD GIRL HERE. Then some fodder random guys confirm that Kyoshiro is the one who raised her to be a prostitute.

Yeah I know that scene. Again, I believe that she is a prostitute in name only. And he did raise her.

Im not assuming your gender since I didn't know it until you said just it.

I'm asking whether this makes sense as per the narrative and what Oda would actually do to this character.

Remember Hiyori spent 7 years with Kawamatsu living in squalor and he was so loyal that he was actually withering away and about to actually die trying to find food for her and keep her safe.THIS HERE is what I expect the retainers would do for Oden's children.

Now with Kyoshiro being Denjiro, not only is it morally reprehensible that he turned her into a prostitute, he also doesn't actually keep her safe. She grew up to be a saw spitting image of her mother and the only reason no one has found her out is because they are either dumb or forgot.

Of course it could be said later on that this was in fact Hiyori's plan herself to becaome a prostitute and work directly next to people who killed her parents and could recognize her one day and I'm 98% sure this is how Oda will spin this if this kyoshiro fellow is supposed to become a good guy in some way later on

So in the end, the story would need that Hiyori was not time travelled because she had a womb and when she got a chance to do whatever she wanted she used her vagina to stay relevant in the series but it was her decision this time so its fine and kyoshiro isn't a bad guy now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking you to change whatever opinion you have of this situation, I'm just asking for what YOU think of it at all. The lost ouve said is that it's not a big deal so I'm just wondering why you think this is possibly a good story somehow
There is not prove hiyory lost her virgin. Just your assume. Stop this ridiculous. Kyoshiro protected hiyori as komurasaki, komurasaki just lie to people with lust and take their money until they are broke. Did you forget these scene? So she can not be said a prostitute woman yet. Did you ever think of this idea?

The fact is she is just a dancer.
Even orochi the Shogun when he got the chance to touch komurasaki in the end, she reject. This is the damn Shogun. So why you insist that hiyori is prostitute?

Yeah I know that scene. Again, I believe that she is a prostitute in name only. And he did raise her.
She confirms that she's prostitute when she tells Zoro that people would paid an arm and leg to spend a night with her. This implies that this is a thing that's expected of her, to dprnd the night with people for money

And so what if he raised her? Are you saying it would be fine for a man to raise a 13 year old girl to be a prostitute in real life? He'd tell everybody that he raised her so it's fine

There is not prove hiyory lost her virgi
Hiyori tells Zoro that people would've paid a lot to sleep with her in the capital after the night they spent in that house.

Hiyori literally says it herself that people pay to sleep with her.

The amount of money is a lot but that doesn't mean shes not a prostitute just because it's a lot of money.

The people she was swindling were told that they would buy her freedom entirely and that's where she was lying. It doesn't mention buying her services for one night, which is possible for a lot of money WHICH SHE HERSELF SAID

Even if it's true, just sleep right? Nothing more. So I believe she is still a virgin. She just be a con artist who protected by kyoshiro
Hahaha... You think people just pay top dollar to SLEEP and nothing else? Which universe is this? I mean it's a fact that inactual japan this never happened but you are saying Oda just changed the very big retail for the sake?

Then why make her an Oiran at all if you are going to change this very important detail about what an oirian actually is?

And yes, Kyoshiro protected her the same way PIMPS PROTECT THEIR PROSTITUTES

H

Homelander

Well Denjiro could just be dead too though.

The problems with Denjiro being Kyoshiro at the things we know about Kyoshiro. People said he appeared out of nowhere 20 years ago and set up his mafia organisation

If this is Denjiro then there's four weird implications
1. He changed his appearance in literally the exact same year he was about to be executed so much that no one recognizes him, NOT EVEN THE SCABBARDS.
2. He got over Oden's death relatively quickly seeing as he made this plan to form a new identity and work directly for Oden's murderer within a few months of Oden dying.
3. He is wilingly not helping with the alliance and actively saving Orochi from member of the alliance because he somehow believes whatever plan he has is worth more than this prophecy shit and he wouldn't be bothered if his former comrades died
4. He trained his former master's daughter as a prostitute working around orochi yet she looks exactly like her mother making it extremely likely that someone could just remember recognize her. (Do you remember the line he said during Orochi's banquet about Komurasaki? He says something in the vain of having to be a stud in order to fully bring women into bloom or some shit. The man's basically implying that he either fucked her himself or hes proud of how he groomed her to be an exceptional fuck toy. ITS FUCKIN WEIRD talking about your master's daughter like that given how much respect kin'Emon gives Momo)

Are you seeing how these things are piling up? Aside from the appearance change, there's a lot about Kyoshiro's actions and demeanor thatare vastly different from Denjiro or what you'd expect of oden's loyal men.

I mean it could said he went through some character changes in these years but as we said, he showed up in the exact same year as Oden dying so he really flipped really fast. And the nonsense around Him and Komurasaki is just weird. Like I cannot imagine what Oda would have to do to explain that one of Oden's men saw it best to turn Oden's daughter into a prostitute while everyone else cares about Momo being shogun. I've come to understand and accept that Oda is a very sexist guy, it is what it is, but this outcome is aggressively too sexist for me to handle unfortunately.
Qell it could be possible he trained her an orion to get close to orochi and poison him or spy .

Hiyori tells Zoro that people would've paid a lot to sleep with her in the capital after the night they spent in that house.

Hiyori literally says it herself that people pay to sleep with her.

The amount of money is a lot but that doesn't mean shes not a prostitute just because it's a lot of money.

The people she was swindling were told that they would buy her freedom entirely and that's where she was lying. It doesn't mention buying her services for one night, which is possible for a lot of money WHICH SHE HERSELF SAID
I don't care either way but wanting to pay or even paying top dollar doesn't mean they got what they wanted lol

Oda can just have some df at play that made those guys imagine they spent the best night of their lifes..or some other cop out solution

Not saying she didn't sleep just that it really isn't 100% confirmed

If Oda goes this way.. .props for him... adds to the seriousness and tone of Wano

Oda can just have some df at play that made those guys imagine they spent the best night of their lifes..or some other cop out solution
Well until said cop out solution appears, we have Hiyori confirming that her job goes involve her sleeping with people and unless you think she became THE BEST Oiran without doing the thing that Oiran are supposed to do then this is asuch confirmation as anyone needs

She confirms that she's prostitute when she tells Zoro that people would paid an arm and leg to spend a night with her. This implies that this is a thing that's expected of her, to dprnd the night with people for money

And so what if he raised her? Are you saying it would be fine for a man to raise a 13 year old girl to be a prostitute in real life? He'd tell everybody that he raised her so it's fine

She said people in the capital would have died to lay down with her and not that she slept with them.

Just that in the same chapter yasui is mistakenly captured as the witching hour boy and hiyori is suprised and worried for the witching hour boy.
Add to that that yasui lied in order for kinemon and co to remain undercover, that kyoshiro went well ahead in leading orochi to punish yasui, I bet kyoshiro (and hiyori) is the whb. That's why hiyori is also stealing thr money of the bad guys.

Oh and robin also went to the party, we have seen her become a dancer, an entertainer. I don't think that she also worked as a prostitute. So didn't hiyori.

Well either way I honestly don't care 🤷‍♂️

She said people in the capital would have died to lay down with her and not that she slept with them.

Just that in the same chapter yasui is mistakenly captured as the witching hour boy and hiyori is suprised and worried for the witching hour boy.
Add to that that yasui lied in order for kinemon and co to remain undercover, that kyoshiro went well ahead in leading orochi to punish yasui, I bet kyoshiro (and hiyori) is the whb. That's why hiyori is also stealing thr money of the bad guys.

Oh and robin also went to the party, we have seen her become a dancer, an entertainer. I don't think that she also worked as a prostitute. So didn't hiyori.

Well either way I honestly don't care 🤷‍♂️
I mean an Oiran in real life was did alot of things INCLUDING SLEEPING WITH PEOPLE.... Like Why didn't Oda make her a geisha then if he didn't want to include the part that separates the two... Oiran sleep with clients on top of doing the things Geishas do....

She says people would've died to sleep with her because that's a things people in fact are expected to want... She's a prostitute so it's expected that people would want to sleep with her...

The point of all this is discussing whether Kyoshiro us a good guy and NOPE I haven't seen any signs of this.... his Yakuza men tried to extort Sanji and then Kyoshiro sent assassins after Sanji to kill him and then he stopped Zoro from killing Orochi and then this Hiyori business... Like none of this suggests he's a good guy... at best he's a self serviNG neutral party to this conflict but that doesn't make him a good guy

Not sure why the mental association
Basically Kyoshiro's "goodness" (especially if he is Denjiro) is very much dependant on how he's treated Hiyori.

If he is indeed a "good" character, it's hard to reconcile that with the idea he is making her have sex with men for money. And if he's Denjiro, then that just becomes a whole new level of disgusting given he's been around her since she's a kid

On the other hand, if it's just a giant scam and Kyoshiro and Hiyori have been working together to con scum out of their money (which I think is by far the more likely solution) then there's more room to argue that Kyoshiro is a "good" character, one who has his own reasons for ostensibly working with Orochi. This makes the most sense to me, because
-Oda is not the type of writer to have us see a little girl's life story force her into prostitution
-Kyoshiro is clearly playing his own game, with Hiyori's survival, him slagging Orochi and the way he looked when he described himself as the Shogun's dog.

Basically Kyoshiro's "goodness" (especially if he is Denjiro) is very much dependant on how he's treated Hiyori.

If he is indeed a "good" character, it's hard to reconcile that with the idea he is making her have sex with men for money. And if he's Denjiro, then that just becomes a whole new level of disgusting given he's been around her since she's a kid

On the other hand, if it's just a giant scam and Kyoshiro and Hiyori have been working together to con scum out of their money (which I think is by far the more likely solution) then there's more room to argue that Kyoshiro is a "good" character, one who has his own reasons for ostensibly working with Orochi. This makes the most sense to me, because
-Oda is not the type of writer to have us see a little girl's life story force her into prostitution
-Kyoshiro is clearly playing his own game, with Hiyori's survival, him slagging Orochi and the way he looked when he described himself as the Shogun's dog.
Yeah, for evidence, even the Shogun himself never touch Hiyori/Komurasaki, let alone common people (this is the logic here)
But why insist on the idea that Hiyori is forced into prostitution by kyoshiro? I believe Kyoshiro just protect Hiyori, from the start Seems to me they both just scam people over and over. This theme of sex scam is common story, not just in one piece, in other manga story or even J-drama I ever watched.
Maybe I'm wrong if Kyoshiro is villain but if he is indeed denjiro, then the possibility of the scam is big and he never Made Hiyori/komurasaki a slut. So Kyoshiro/denjiro's action is not wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.